Ooops I've done it again

B725

He is a very bright dog and a good nose, I can't do hardly anything in the garden as both front and back is waterlogged he gets filthy just going out for a waz ,we are doing a couple of minutes several times a day in the house and he's learning nicely. Later on if needed I've got a couple of trialing guy's to help if needed and the use of a rabbit pen.

Can't wait for thing's to dry up.

• 1 month later...

It's now two months since the Tasmanian devil arrived and Tom is really settling down getting good on the recall and will sit most time's but not for long , the big wide world is still a bit scary for him but you can see his confidence building each time we go out.

I have had a bit of a problem with him turning away when a toy or little dummy was thrown for him as I spent the first month getting stone's off him as I didn't want him swallowing them. With a lot of patience he is now coming back so he has lots of fuss he also sits well on the place board.

Good lad - mine has only just grasped the sit and stay and that’s not as long as would like - but take the positive I managed to buy some milk from the corner shop with her tied up outside and it’s fist time she has sat quietly without whimpering or crying! ( did worry someone had pinched her )

her latest less desirable trait is to bring me hedgehog rolled up in a ball ! 

another positive at the weekend was a dead manky rabbit which would have been brought to where I could see her then dropped and rolled on !

calmly asked her to come in and sit which she did - the dead comand usually has a bit of a standoff but instant release to hand just as we do with the dummy / tennis ball ( had to check it was definitely my dog sat in front of me ! 

keep up the good work 

Agriv8 

Another step forward this morning I let Tom do a few short retrieves with no lead and down the field's, he's bringing me the ball back every time without running off or deveating the son of Satan is coming together nicely. 

8 hours ago, B725 said:

Another step forward this morning I let Tom do a few short retrieves with no lead and down the field's, he's bringing me the ball back every time without running off or deveating the son of Satan is coming together nicely. 

Soon to be a cracker mate :) 

I hope so Lloyd, I have a couple of field's near me only 5 minutes walk that didn't get the grass mown last year as part of the little bridge gave way so the tractor couldn't get across the stream that's grown in clumps but not very high, it's ideal for training the dog.

Another step forward today Tom is now using his nose really good rather than sight on a ball he saw thrown and a blind one also total rejection of any treat as he is now focusing on the ball and the drive to find it. I also did just a couple of seen retrieves but held him back just on the stop whistle for a few seconds it worked out fine. 😊