17hmr

hatter

Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply. I’ve just checked out their website and the range looks ideal. 

Unfortunately they require all users of their rifle ranges  to have a DCS1 or a NRA Safe Shooters Card as well as an FAC. I don’t have a DSC1 or a SSC. 

Thanks again for the taking the time to reply. 

Regards

Russ. 

19 minutes ago, Steve brownell said:

I am a member of Cambridge and you only need a safe shooter card , dsc and sac are instead of the safe shooter card 

Mac is the range officer he’s sound 

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply it’s much appreciated and I really like the look of the Cambridge Gun Club but unfortunately I don’t have a safe shooter card. 

Thanks again

Russ 

13 hours ago, Steve brownell said:

They may do a 1 to 1 if they are not busy call them and ask 

Safe card is only like 30 bucks I think 

Are you local ?

Thanks for the advice Steve I’ll give them a ring and try and sort something out. The range looks very good and I’m tempted to join the gun club. 

I live in Bedfordshire so the range is an easy drive for me. 

I definitely owe you a beer/coffee. 

Thanks again 

Russ. 

On 28/01/2022 at 19:27, hatter said:

I am looking for somewhere in the Beds,Herts,Cambs and Bucks area where I can zero my new 17hmr. 

The range should be between 50 and 100 yards and protected from the elements. 

Not looking to do this on the cheap so will pay a range fee. 

Thanks. 

Russ 

Russ 

private message me, I’m based in Bedfordshire, I’ve got some land that I look after.

18 hours ago, Steve brownell said:

They have a 300 meter range being built right now 👍

It looks a very good set up at the Cambs Gun club so I’ll definitely be paying them a visit. 

Thanks again

Russ. 

29 minutes ago, willj said:

Russ 

private message me, I’m based in Bedfordshire, I’ve got some land that I look after.

PM on its way. 👍

On 28/01/2022 at 20:23, Steve brownell said:

I am a member of Cambridge and you only need a safe shooter card , dsc and sac are instead of the safe shooter card 

Mac is the range officer he’s sound 

Help me out, I've not heard of a Safe Shooter Card, is that something to do with the NRA Safe Shooting System or is that individual to the club, and/or do they do a course for it?

On MoD land and a lot of NRA and other ranges a Shooter Certification Card is required.  This "can" be quite a process, and is a strict course laid down by the NRA (or the individual club IF the NRA approve the club course first!)

2 hours ago, Dekers said:

Help me out, I've not heard of a Safe Shooter Card, is that something to do with the NRA Safe Shooting System or is that individual to the club, and/or do they do a course for it?

On MoD land and a lot of NRA and other ranges a Shooter Certification Card is required.  This "can" be quite a process, and is a strict course laid down by the NRA (or the individual club IF the NRA approve the club course first!)

It’s basically a do and don’t course about the common sense saftey aspects of using a shooting range I believe it is nra standard thing , I believe it shows competence so it is possible to shoot at other ranges amongst other things

12 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Possibly, possibly not - I'd be down the pub - but the guy is trying to zero a new rifle.

What’s your point??? Or you just being your usual idiot on forum If he’s using he’s rifle for vermin then he will have to get used to winds etc for bullet drift and shooting ranges That’s what I done when I bought the hmr when the calibre first came out 

31 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

What’s your point??? Or you just being your usual idiot on forum If he’s using he’s rifle for vermin then he will have to get used to winds etc for bullet drift and shooting ranges That’s what I done when I bought the hmr when the calibre first came out 

Many thanks. You've clarified a previously gathered impression.

I zero all my stuff off sticks over my wet field, tge same as when i shoot. I will use a range on occasion if i am trying a new load and want to see small differences. I would not bother with a range for hmr unlrss i was testing different rounds but even then i doubt its value. 

3 hours ago, wymberley said:

Many thanks. You've clarified a previously gathered impression.

I’ve no interest in your opinion 

36 minutes ago, oowee said:

I zero all my stuff off sticks over my wet field, tge same as when i shoot. I will use a range on occasion if i am trying a new load and want to see small differences. I would not bother with a range for hmr unlrss i was testing different rounds but even then i doubt its value. 

Plus 1 from me 👍