Bobbies at your door..

Salmo9

On 29/01/2022 at 19:18, HantsRob said:

I get you are anti police but is there any reason to be rude?

If a serious offence has been alleged and the publics safety may be threatened, then taking firearms may be the right thing to do until a full investigation can conclude. That is them getting off their back sides and checking, and if there is any strength to an allegation then that's what happens.

Also calling the attending and investigating officers lazy or stupid following a risk assessment stating there's a potential immediate risk to life?..... Really?

Allegation. Rumour. Heresay. Until the weight of truth can be measured, how else do you deal with issues? If you get a caller stating there's a gunman on the roof of a building, would you be happy if people wrote it off as a rumour?

I get some of the actions can seem wrong, when we don't have all the intel, evidence, "rumours"/allegations, etc. I am sure the Police also get it wrong from time to time. But, ultimately it's about risk reduction during an investigation.

I'm not sure what bee you have in your bonnet, but being rude like that doesn't help the shooting community when scrutinised by the general public.

I can understand being anti police tho .

I was arrested in front of my children after my wife ( serving officer ) make a false allegation of assault 6 years previous about me . 
5 officers ( 2 armed with pistols) turned up to my house while I was in my pants and removed me and my firearms . They knew it was lies after they found out my wife was having an affair in the station with her inspector.  They even told her to stop lying ( on the report ) .

2 officers used to harass me if I went out and wind me up saying .” Oh dear has your wife left you? Do you need a tissue?” 
They constantly messed about with my bail by delaying handing in my paperwork for 5 weeks to the cps ( on report too) .

only my wife had to leave tho ? Why ? .

My feo has been amazing to be fair tho and even in his words says he knows I was set up but unfortunately because I was never charged I can’t pursue their arrest. Stupid isn’t it.

The staff in the police station /cells were really understanding and even said to me “ your not the first with this and the truth will come out” 

My parents were threatened with arrest at there own house by 2 officers but the police report said that had never happened with no log of the event .

My best mate is a serving officer and I trust him totally. I’ve also had a few officers of here help me with everything that’s happened and I’m very grateful to those .

16 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, but your predicament was a little more entangled. You did well to get out of it virtually unscathed seeing the complaint came from a person within the force itself.

Unfortunately my mum now suffers with mental health tho after the events nev . I’m just one of the lucky ones . 

having people stand by me has helped me through it all . Thanks to you and so many on here that messaged me daily . 

35 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

To be fair Nath you have rather monopolised the emergency services over the last few years albeit mostly the medics so maybe the police were just jealous? How are you getting on with the fire brigade? 

😂 well the last time ( only time really ) I was electrocuted I had a mate turn up and laugh as he was on duty 😂. Not my fault I’ll add that time but an idiot builder .

On 29/01/2022 at 21:20, HantsRob said:

Sounds like them turning up 3 times isn't particularly lazy. As for the stupid part, that is very subjective. 

As for a fact, the officers are already salaried and the portion of their year to visit is already paid and covered, so I doubt it's a vast cost.

Anyway, what really interests me is "someone was not detained under the mental health act when his custody record gives reason for arrest as mental health". You are detained or arrested. I assume you are using the vernacular of detention as meaning arrested for a moment as you then mention arrest reason, as when an officer detains someone it is typically for something preliminary such as as a drug search. I digress.... the reason for arrest? So now we are going into PACE code G. A reason, or necessity of arrest, falls into one of these:

a) Ascertain the persons name
b) Ascertain the persons address
c) Prevent physical harm to self or another or suffering physical injury
d) Prevent loss of or damage to property
e) Prevent an offence against public decency
f) Prevent an unlawful obstruction of the highway
g) Protect a child or vulnerable person
h) Prevent any prosecution being hindered by the disappearance of the person in question
i) Allow a prompt and effective investigation of the offence or of the conduct of the person in question.

I assume from your words that we aren't talking about c), so if your written reason for necessity is mental health we can rule out s24 arrests. Also we can rule out statute law that has its own protected power of arrest, as this would be labelled as preserved power.

This can only lead us to s136 of the Mental Health Act. I don't know when this arrest took place but a police station should never be used as a place of safety unless there's either immediate risk to life or injury, or if there is no better option. It has been this way for a number of years, and if there is not a crisis suite that is equipped available, then A&E is the only place you'd be taken. Also this now makes the "detain" portion correct, as you are detained under 136 of MHA, but you aren't arrested so I don't follow how you could have a reason for arrest. Unless.... it's a proforma, then you need to fill boxes. Therefore detained 136 MHA, and reason for arrest would be mental health even though it wasn't an arrest.

Anyone that was showing signs of being that volatile they needed emergency powers under 136 MHA would say that there's some smoke to their fire, and that there's a lot more to this story. There's 3 versions of this truth. Your side, their side, and the actual full truth.

As for the FEO, from your words it sounds like he got angry and shouty, and needed officers to hold him back? So in essence you had a s5 public order act offence or maybe a s4a? I assume you didn't fear violence against you as officers held him back, so it's not affray. I would agree it would be a waste of taxpayers money for that to go to court for something getting a bit angry and sweary at you whilst not being able to come near you. I am glad you are happy with the apology and hopefully the FEO will learn to hold their temper.

Regardless. I hope whomever it was that was detained is feeling better, and has all the resources they require to either get back to full health or are already there.

I hope that helps clarify, and I can only go on the words you have written without taking a breath of punctuation. I hope I didn't misinterpret any of your written words. Keep safe.

You just committed murder 😂😂

3 hours ago, team tractor said:

I can understand being anti police tho .

I was arrested in front of my children after my wife ( serving officer ) make a false allegation of assault 6 years previous about me . 

Firstly, again going on your account as I have nothing else, I'm truly sorry you went through that. Of course an allegation from someone that should be A1 intel is taken very seriously, but why people think that assault will always lead to shooting someone is a bit much. 

I can understand why some are anti police, but like your post shows there are plenty of good ones also. I'd suggest almost your situ isn't a bad cop, but rather your wife that caused the mayhem. Even the quote "there's no smoke without fire" can be unjust, as whilst I am sure every marital issue is not one sided, that just seems nasty. I am sorry to hear all of that. 

Hopefully the events are all in the past and you're now moving on and enjoying your life once more. Chin up, you survived which is epic :)

9 hours ago, HantsRob said:

Firstly, again going on your account as I have nothing else, I'm truly sorry you went through that. Of course an allegation from someone that should be A1 intel is taken very seriously, but why people think that assault will always lead to shooting someone is a bit much. 

I can understand why some are anti police, but like your post shows there are plenty of good ones also. I'd suggest almost your situ isn't a bad cop, but rather your wife that caused the mayhem. Even the quote "there's no smoke without fire" can be unjust, as whilst I am sure every marital issue is not one sided, that just seems nasty. I am sorry to hear all of that. 

Hopefully the events are all in the past and you're now moving on and enjoying your life once more. Chin up, you survived which is epic

Her family disowned her since and have been amazing to me . I found out she’d claimed £45,000 in tax credits over 5 years in my name too . She used to tell me guys were trying it on or threatening her. Me being me I used to just ask them as I’m not violent at all. 
I gave her on average £4-500 a month too towards shopping, new car as a present, paid all the bills. 
Her fella is evil and was the one sending police to my parents house . He’s now a train driver 😂

I met a beautiful girl/woman off tinder 😂and she loves shooting 😁. We spend every night together. Life’s pretty good . 

Edited by team tractor