Old pound coins.

samboy

Hi gang.

Just had my cleaning lady text me to say i have given her 3 old pound coins. I will have to be more observant in future

when i receive loose change. Just googled them and there are still millions out there. So stay alert.

On 29/01/2022 at 22:13, Ricko said:

I found a few whilst tidying up.

I taped them to a piece of card and posted them through the door of my bank with a paying in slip in an envelope.

They were credited to my account with no problem.

It would cost me more than 3 quid to drive to my closest branch, they have closed my local bank branch 😢

I must admit, late in my 30s i became rather sad and started collecting coins. Its a thing my fathers side has done for decades, theres thousands going back.

I have books full of old pound coins and any special editions currency currently out there. Hopefully my grandkids (if i have any)in 30 years will be asking 'whats a coin?' and then ill be able to bore him to death about the time a loaf of bread cost the same as this little recyclable lump of metal 😅

Edited by strimmer_13

1 hour ago, roadkill said:

My wife cleans up before the cleaner comes, I just don't get it!

Its so that the cleaning lady doesn't think that you're scruffy .

My cleaning lady was as good as gold . If the cleaning didn't take very long , she'd have a look what was missing out of the fridge and cupboards , and go shopping,  or, if a bill was sitting around , she'd pay it out of her own pocket , and tell me how much I owed her .

2 hours ago, London Best said:

I actually had no idea until this thread that there were such things as ‘old’ pound coins. 

I rarely have to pay cash for anything involving change, and when I do any ‘shrapnel’ goes into my pocket with barely a glance to be chucked on a bedside table and hoovered up by wlfey’s purse.

44 minutes ago, London Best said:

I rarely have to pay cash for anything involving change, and when I do any ‘shrapnel’ goes into my pocket with barely a glance to be chucked on a bedside table and hoovered up by wlfey’s purse.

My Mrs has an identical purse.