Marochi Evo ?

Andrew1874

I have been looking around for my first gun, one that has caught my eye is this Marochi Evo .

12 gauge with extended chokes , 30 inch barrels with the nickel action, ABS case 

I’m aware that Marochi have gone out of business but the warranty is being underwritten by Breda who have taken on the liability.

£550 brand new .

Anybody else own one of these or has experience of them ?

F3910A89-94EA-410D-A265-53ED2A390EEE.jpeg

3A00B663-4245-400A-BD01-6A7A27FDE31A.jpeg

A0CA1843-3795-4B16-8727-DCF854E3A26C.jpeg

DA95E313-6F28-4585-8334-9B2684FB8B07.jpeg

That would normally be my first question too Tightchoke. However If it’s his first gun he may not know if it fits. 

This is the awkward thing about first guns - it takes a while for newbies to perfect their gun mount and realise which guns fit and hit…or don’t. 

I suppose that’s why a lot of people don’t settle with their first gun. Hence better to buy a second hand gun which when sold won’t loose much £. 

(Sorry Andrew 1874, I don’t know anything about the above gun, but I would recommend buying something you won’t loose much £ on when selling.)

11 hours ago, Fellside said:

That would normally be my first question too Tightchoke. However If it’s his first gun he may not know if it fits. 

This is the awkward thing about first guns - it takes a while for newbies to perfect their gun mount and realise which guns fit and hit…or don’t. 

I suppose that’s why a lot of people don’t settle with their first gun. Hence better to buy a second hand gun which when sold won’t loose much £. 

(Sorry Andrew 1874, I don’t know anything about the above gun, but I would recommend buying something you won’t loose much £ on when selling.)

Well he says it does, we will find out if he can shoot it later.

Shame he hasn't added his location, some good natured Member might help him.

That’s a good idea Andrew - someone from PW might be able to help. 

Best to have a few experienced people around you if poss’. 

Alternatively just buy the gun and begin the journey. You won’t loose much when selling the gun at that price (couple of hundred…?) It’s highly likely that you will end up with a different gun. 

Have a great time shooting!

4 hours ago, Rob85 said:

Have you been able to test it on a few clays? For a first gun I would say its not likely to be miles out for you although an hour on a clay ground with someone experienced should tell you what you need to know.

Unfortunately not, it has a slightly higher comb than the ATA SP that I have used at my last 2 lessons .
The ATA is a completely standard model, and has the same length of pull as the Marocchi , i have got on really well with the ATA and would happily buy one .

I seen this, and as somebody that likes something a little different from the mainstream I have fell in love with it.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I’ve had my son over this weekend and we were out most of today walking my new puppy Staffordshire Bullterrier

6 hours ago, Andrew1874 said:

Unfortunately not, it has a slightly higher comb than the ATA SP that I have used at my last 2 lessons .
The ATA is a completely standard model, and has the same length of pull as the Marocchi , i have got on really well with the ATA and would happily buy one .

I seen this, and as somebody that likes something a little different from the mainstream I have fell in love with it.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I’ve had my son over this weekend and we were out most of today walking my new puppy Staffordshire Bullterrier

Slightly higher may not be a bad thing as it means there will be room for adjustment if you wanted to go down that route.  Personally if it was me I would buy it, £550 brand new with a warrantyunderwritten by Breda seems like a good deal to me. Maybe ask if they would be willing to give you a good trade in deal in say 6 months time if you find its not quite right.

• 2 weeks later...