Basc renewal

did i miss

I'm with CPSA. I got a plastic card AND a smaller plastic key ring card like the small Morrison's key ring cards. Oh...and I get legal representation which BASC have withdrawn.

But there you are £10 more for BASC, no legal representation and a scrappy piece of paper. But I guess all that promotion for a ban on lead shot that BASC want costs money! I'd see if you've a fourteen day cooling off period to cancel!

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/files/download/532/CPSA-Insurance-Leaflet.pdf

Edited by enfieldspares

This isn’t a recent thing though is it? I haven’t been a BASC member for many a year, and even back then it was a serrated paper card you popped from the letter. 
I think I still have most of mine somewhere, including a smaller version for my key ring, or was that Morrisons? 🙂

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

This isn’t a recent thing though is it? I haven’t been a BASC member for many a year, and even back then it was a serrated paper card you popped from the letter. 
I think I still have most of mine somewhere, including a smaller version for my key ring, or was that Morrisons? 🙂

Sounds like CPSA is the way to go then , particularly as BASC members with queries would probably get a better response from Morrisons. 

15 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

I'm with CPSA. I got a plastic card AND a smaller plastic key ring card like the small Morrison's key ring cards. Oh...and I get legal representation which BASC have withdrawn.

But there you are £10 more for BASC, no legal representation and a scrappy piece of paper. But I guess all that promotion for a ban on lead shot that BASC want costs money! I'd see if you've a fourteen day cooling off period to cancel!

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/files/download/532/CPSA-Insurance-Leaflet.pdf

I'm thinking of leaving BASC this year. Seems to be a lot of negative reports said about them.

1 hour ago, grahamch said:

Is it really a problem? easier and cheaper on use if members subs to produce them that way?

Cant see any real need to carry the card with you??

Mine goes in a draw and is replaced when the new ones arrive

Many many venues insist on seeing proof of insurance not only if shooting for crop protection but also game, stalking, zeroing on "pay and play" ranges but also clay grounds. A durable plastic card evidences that. And for the cost of producing one to use some sort of bogus Carrie Johnson save the planet nonsense is just that. Bogus and nonsense. It shows that you value to the organisation is a scrap of paper!

11 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Many many venues insist on seeing proof of insurance not only if shooting for crop protection but also game, stalking, zeroing on "pay and play" ranges but also clay grounds. A durable plastic card evidences that. And for the cost of producing one to use some sort of bogus Carrie Johnson save the planet nonsense is just that. Bogus and nonsense. It shows that you value to the organisation is a scrap of paper!

This 

could easily use recycled and recyclable plastic for the card 

Hi yes it's not a big problem but if it's a cost thing they should give a option to pay a little more for a plastic  one 

My derv cards get renewed once  a year at a charge of £2.50p  each not a problem 

My thing is the paper one gets damaged  or destroyed  I ring up send me a new one please and at that point it starts to cost basc to send new ones 

In New Zealand they do things with commonsense. Here under the Marford Mill "diktat" they want us to do things the way BASC says and dictates we should do them. Because they know best. What's best for the British Game Alliance and it seems what's best for you and what's best for me. A blanket ban. Everywhere. For all calibres. But then come renewal time the mugs and the mugged off will still send their money to Marford Mill. I stopped years ago. So should everybody.

https://fishandgame.org.nz/game-bird-hunting-in-new-zealand/hunting-regulations/non-toxic-shot-regulations/