Beretta 690 Black ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

At the moment i am shooting a Silver pigeon 3 30" sporter and am getting on well with it.

But i fancy a 690 Black as i like the look of them. So has anybody got one and if so

what do they think of it. I would go for the 30"  sporter. Would still keep the SP 3.

My local shop has a s/h one going for £1695.

Thanks all.

4 hours ago, Wylye said:

The 690 is a bit ordinary. The best of the current Berettas is the 695. Feels like a proper gun and is miles in front of the 692/694. In my opinion.

Thought the 690/692/695 were all the same family with the wider action putting more weight between the hands? Could well be wrong

20 hours ago, samboy said:

I've had it 7 months bought it new and am pleased with it but i'm like a kid in a sweet shop.

i picked a new one up last August with the adjustable stock really do like it the only other one i would get is the sporting 694 my mate as one really nice handling gun 

The 690 isn't my taste at all with that scarlet lettering. Keep in mind that for the first few years of production they still used the switchable ejector system carried over from the SV10 family. Same story with 692s - and those ejectors are famously troublesome! Ask me how I know.

I haven't tried a 694 but some Fitasc shooters don't like the stock profile for gun down shooting, otherwise it's the pick of the modern 69x family sporters.