Horrible Accident

red_stag88

I dont know if you have read my post about being immature, I spoke about paddeling pools.

Well 10minuets ago I was carring a very good friend on a spine board into the back of an ambulance. He has no fealing in his arms, he cant move his legs and I have never seen a man of such statue cry out in anguish. He is a lovely bloke, always with a sense of humour, even with broken neck he jokingly told the paramedics he was yogi bear from yellowstone park. It is such a shame to see him in the state he is now.

If you have a pool this summer, please dont **** about in it.

he jokingly told the paramedics he was yogi bear from yellowstone park.

Paddling pools and marijhuana dont mix Red :P :thumbs: ;)

Seriously it is a common cause for Summer accidents. When we were 6 & 8 respectively my brother and I were playing in one in the back garden under the supervision of my mother who just went into the house for a short time to get us some tea.

My brother was running across the lawn and jumping into the pool it was one of those PVC ones with a aluminium frame, this was the early sixties and inflatables were not around at the time. He slipped on the pool bottom and hit his head on the frame knocking himself unconscious with his mouth and nose under water. I thought he was messing around but he nearly drowned and probably would have if I hadnt been there.

So there is a moral to this and your story Red, as you rightly say dont **** around in them, and make sure you dont leave your kids unattended either.

I hope your friend makes a full recovery. :lol:

FM.

Its not really about a paddling pool! but yesterday evening 1 of my best mates got hit by a car on our local main road:(, the driver had been drinking! says it all really dont it! I heard from one of my other mates that he has broken both legs and both arms, then some one else came up to me and said he has about 3-4 broken ribs and brain dammage, then one more person came up 2 me and said he is brain dead! I was really upset by hearing all these roomers (sorry about the spelling).

I rang my other friend up las night and he said he has just rang the hospital and they said he has 3 busted ribs and cracked his skull!

I just hope he pulls through ok!

Sorry the hear about your friend red stagg hope he gets well soon!

PD

He anit a shooting bloke, but he has been fishing once or twice.

I just spoke to him, and he has improved dramatically, he will probably come home tomorrow. A doctor asked him to squeeze his fingers, the doctor now has a bandage on them :lol: My mate is 13st of pure welsh muscle :P