Syndicate prices.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, TVPC said:

I'd accept driven or rough shoot. 

I'm afraid I'm not made of money and dont have 1600 to spend. (Cheapest I've found so far) 

I'm happy to help out as I've been doing it on the shoot I'm beating on at the moment. 

Have a look for any wildfowling clubs in your area if your keen, often around the £200 mark for a season, and some have rough shooting / decoying included. 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Have a look for any wildfowling clubs in your area if your keen, often around the £200 mark for a season, and some have rough shooting / decoying included. 

I'm part of a wildfowling club. Only managed to get out a few times over the season though plus it's over 1hr away. 

Just looking for something a tad closer 

1 hour ago, grahamch said:

Is the cost problem not created by folk who want riven days, rather than a good old rough or walked up day? The latter being much more enjoyable and without huge bags. 

The best rough / walked up shooting around often seems to be on the boundary of other shoots. 

Someone has to buy and put the birds down and feed them. Doing it small

scale just doesn’t seem to bring any returns. 

Just my (limited) experience, but often people want to keep costs down, which means splitting the cost between more people. 

It’s difficult to get a shoot with enough birds down, feeders, pens, etc, that’s affordable, often you end up with 10+ guns and it’s hard work to get walked up shooting for 10 people at once. 

54 minutes ago, TVPC said:

I'm part of a wildfowling club. Only managed to get out a few times over the season though plus it's over 1hr away. 

Just looking for something a tad closer 

I think you might need to manage your own expectations. 

22 hours ago, ninjaferret said:

I gave you a number and you didn't bother. So stop twisting.

I'm not twisting, I'm trying to get an idea of prices, you gave me a number and I'll be ringing.  

Just because I havent rang instantly doesnt mean I'm not interested. I'm simply trying to get an idea of what I can expect to be paying and if there varied opportunities in the area

1 minute ago, TVPC said:

I'm not twisting, I'm trying to get an idea of prices, you gave me a number and I'll be ringing.  

Just because I havent rang instantly doesnt mean I'm not interested. I'm simply trying to get an idea of what I can expect to be paying and if there varied opportunities in the area

One phone call could have answered all your questions. As is the two places are now filled. Snooze you loose.

3 hours ago, TVPC said:

I'd accept driven or rough shoot. 

I'm afraid I'm not made of money and dont have 1600 to spend. (Cheapest I've found so far) 

I'm happy to help out as I've been doing it on the shoot I'm beating on at the moment. 

Why not take a half gun? An hours not bad to get fowling, assume you mean either John Muir or Lindisfarne?

Edited by grahamch

10 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

To be fair, the OP hasn’t said what sort of syndicate cost he is looking for or what sort of return he is expecting. 

The above posts are quite useful to see what others are paying, and what sort of returns they get for there money. 

“Can’t afford it” may relate to a £2000+ syndicate or one that’s £500 for the year. 

If the OP is looking for a game shooting syndicate for £300 or less I would of thought he would struggle.

With 10 guns that’s only £3,000, once you build some pens, put down birds and buy feed it’s a very small number of birds. The likely returns and the cost per bird for each gun would end up being massive. 

Also it appears that Ninjaferret gave him a contact for one and he never replied. Bit disappointing. 

I can go to 600

20 minutes ago, grahamch said:

Why not take a half gun? An hours not bad to get fowling, assume you mean either John Muir or Lindisfarne?

I've tried to twist the keepers arm but he wants full guns only.  Which is a shame as there was a few of us willing to go half gun. 

But I guess he makes the rules at the end of the day. 

9 hours ago, TVPC said:

I've tried to twist the keepers arm but he wants full guns only.  Which is a shame as there was a few of us willing to go half gun. 

But I guess he makes the rules at the end of the 

I would find some local small d.i.y shoots & start as a beater & then enquire if there is a space on the syndicate & find out the price & what's expected from you in return. The other option is to buy days as & when they come up from a sporting agent lots of pages on facebook that advertise those days 

Edited by Stephen-H

10 hours ago, TVPC said:

I can go to 600

That is only £12/week.

I am afraid, in 2022, you are not going to shoot much game, particularly driven, for that sort of money. I was in a diy syndicate in the 1980’s, shooting 40/60 bird days, and was paying £600 35 years ago.

9 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

I would find some local small d.i.y shoots & start as a beater & then enquire if there is a space on the syndicate & find out the price & what's expected from you in return

He mentioned in his OP he's tried that route and got nowhere.  Also I assume he doesn't want to let his existing shoot down by beating elsewhere during the season.

10 hours ago, TVPC said:

I can go to 600

Ok, so how much is it for a full gun on the shoot you beat on?  Is it that £1600 you alluded to?  So you need to find a grand between now and the time the shoot fees are due.  Overtime at work?  Buy and sell a few cars?  Do some cash in hand on Saturdays for a friend?  There are ways and means, and as I've tried to point out, might take up less of your time than being part of the team on a DIY syndicate.

11 hours ago, TVPC said:

But I guess he makes the rules at the end of the day. 

I don't understand. If you know someone who will take a half and you take the other half, is the Keeper still not happy with that. I see it often on driven days where two friends share a gun for the day, done it myself.   

12 hours ago, TVPC said:

I can go to 600

I dropped out of our nearest local farm syndicate when the cost went from £125/year to £200/year, because it was carp. That was in 2001 (ish). This last season it cost £1400/gun and it is still seriously carp, being run by a greedy man who doesn’t know what he is doing. On a GOOD day they shoot over twenty head!
But he can charge £1400/gun because people are desperate for shooting and he knows someone will pay. 
This is the sort of thing you are up against.

On 01/02/2022 at 23:08, TVPC said:

I'm looking to join a syndicate for the coming season, and I'm wondering basically the variations in prices. 

I am not interested in huge bags and would prefer a small diy syndicate to join as a working gun. 

I do beating on a shoot already and have been offered a place but cannot afford it. 

speaking to various people,  I have learned that some are paying as little as 300 quid per season for their syndicates, but these are like rocking horse **** and by invitation only. 

I already struggle getting no permissions for pigeons and now I appear to be priced out of game shoots too. 

(I'm based in Northumberland) just for reference. 

Cheers

Ever thought about joining a wildfowling club ? at least it would give you somewhere to go when you had the time.

For several years now my pockets haven't been deep enough for me to stand on a peg , this haven't stopped me from doing a lot of shooting , I have been a member of W A G B I and now B A S C since the early 60s and have been lucky enough to have done a lot of wild fowling and still do a fair bit on club and my own marshes .

I also went beating on our local estate at about the same and still go on the same place now with having just finished our beaters day last Monday , this can open many doors such at vermin control and good permissions for Pigeon shooting 

Up until last year I also helped out on another shoot where I was once a half gun , as I didn't take the beaters pay I was allowed to go down to the flight pond and shoot a few duck when the days shoot finished and shoot the Pigeons if I wanted to throughout the year , which I rarely bothered as I had all I wanted on my door step.

The only thing you had to provide was total commitment , when I got the dates from the two shoots I would book a days holiday if I had to and would attend everyone throughout the season , the only one I would miss was if the two shoots had one on the same day and I would go on the big one .

As I said earlier , you will get doors open once they know you are willing to attend both weekday and the Saturdays shoots and you will end up with a lot of shooting that wont break your bank account .

On 01/02/2022 at 23:08, TVPC said:

I'm looking to join a syndicate for the coming season, and I'm wondering basically the variations in prices. 

I am not interested in huge bags and would prefer a small diy syndicate to join as a working gun. 

I do beating on a shoot already and have been offered a place but cannot afford it. 

speaking to various people,  I have learned that some are paying as little as 300 quid per season for their syndicates, but these are like rocking horse **** and by invitation only. 

I already struggle getting no permissions for pigeons and now I appear to be priced out of game shoots too. 

(I'm based in Northumberland) just for reference. 

Cheers

if you want pigeon shootin as often as you wish join nppc,great value lots of various places to shoot,check it out.ive been in it years,the cheapness out weighs my travel costs.

20 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

if you want pigeon shootin as often as you wish join nppc,great value lots of various places to shoot,check it out.ive been in it years,the cheapness out weighs my travel costs.

That looks too good to be true. 

Are there any similar clubs the operate in the south west?

1 hour ago, hawkfanz said:

it isnt its afact,check it out,some land in midlands this time around,but mostly across yorkshire.

Yeah, I did visit their website following my comment. Practically unlimited, year round pigeon shooting over many thousands of acres for only a £200 membership fee.

So what is the catch? Is it the sort of club where the regulars have the best spots sown up every weekend for the next 10 years or have priority based on seniority or something where newcomers are left to fight over the fields that haven't seen a pigeon for years? 

I did also try to find a similar club or organisation operating in South Wales/ South West but drew a blank. 

no catch you just book were u wanna go,it makes sure no one else is set up when u get there,once osr list is out u can shoot it till its next cultivated.thats why ive been in it about 12 years now.

2 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

no catch you just book were u wanna go,it makes sure no one else is set up when u get there,once osr list is out u can shoot it till its next cultivated.thats why ive been in it about 12 years now.

i rarely shoot weekends me an my shoot bud are both in our 70,s so we go out at short notice if required an mainly weekdays