Yildiz wildfowl extreme

muncher

1 hour ago, muncher said:

Just wondering if anyone has one and could give a review on it , the over and under version. Cheers 

I have the 28 inch barrel, non-ejector version as it's cheaper and I don't see the need for ejectors.

Not a particularly refined gun, I'm sure the trigger is nothing compared to a perazzi etc but it's been solid and dependable for as long as I've had it. Good weight to soak up recoil but balances well and isn't front heavy either. Will comfortably digest whatever you put through it. Shoots to point of aim if you look along the rib, comb may be a bit low if you're used to your eye being above the rib. 

Good oil finished wood and no aluminium to be found - all steel receiver. Comes with full set of internal chokes and 2 extended half chokes for steel carts. Not entirely sure what the thread pattern is on the gun but I know that it's not the same as on the Yildiz pro-lines and you may struggle to get aftermarket chokes for it, particularly the tighter-than-half steel chokes like the Muller UFO, so half-choke is likely the tightest you'll ever be able to go with it. 

Barrels are matt black rather than polished black, don't be surprised if you rub an oiled cloth down the barrels at the end of the day and the cloth is black. Doesn't expose the metal or anything, I think it's just excess magnetite coming off and should gradually stop over time (though mine still hasn't). 

The colour case hardened portions do tend to develop spot rust quite readily in a salt environment, so make sure anything metal gets thoroughly cleaned and oiled. 

I've tried some homeloaded 3.5 inch steel fibre carts in them without issue, but in my opinion it doesn't like 2.75 inch fibre carts - it's a big chamber jump, and they feel quite underpowered compared to a plaswad. The lead fouling they cause on the relatively long forcing cones is likewise horrendous and takes a lot of elbow grease to shift it. I appreciate that the gun isn't really marketed as a clay gun etc but I bought it as a one-gun option to do everything, and it will, if you stick to plaswads.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Smudger687

57 minutes ago, Smudger687 said:

I have the 28 inch barrel, non-ejector version as it's cheaper and I don't see the need for ejectors.

Not a particularly refined gun, I'm sure the trigger is nothing compared to a perazzi etc but it's been solid and dependable for as long as I've had it. Good weight to soak up recoil but balances well and isn't front heavy either. Will comfortably digest whatever you put through it. Shoots to point of aim if you look along the rib, comb may be a bit low if you're used to your eye being above the rib. 

Good oil finished wood and no aluminium to be found - all steel receiver. Comes with full set of internal chokes and 2 extended half chokes for steel carts. Not entirely sure what the thread pattern is on the gun but I know that it's not the same as on the Yildiz pro-lines and you may struggle to get aftermarket chokes for it, particularly the tighter-than-half steel chokes like the Muller UFO, so half-choke is likely the tightest you'll ever be able to go with it. 

Barrels are matt black rather than polished black, don't be surprised if you rub an oiled cloth down the barrels at the end of the day and the cloth is black. Doesn't expose the metal or anything, I think it's just excess magnetite coming off and should gradually stop over time (though mine still hasn't). 

The colour case hardened portions do tend to develop spot rust quite readily in a salt environment, so make sure anything metal gets thoroughly cleaned and oiled. 

I've tried some homeloaded 3.5 inch steel fibre carts in them without issue, but in my opinion it doesn't like 2.75 inch fibre carts - it's a big chamber jump, and they feel quite underpowered compared to a plaswad. The lead fouling they cause on the relatively long forcing cones is likewise horrendous and takes a lot of elbow grease to shift it. I appreciate that the gun isn't really marketed as a clay gun etc but I bought it as a one-gun option to do everything, and it will, if you stick to plaswads.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, are the chambers chromed ?and the bores?