Manchester clean air plan

wisdom

So how is this right.

They want to charge cars etc.But yet one of the busiest airports is on the doorstep and the planes fly over the City.They cannot be pollution free.They use more fuel in 1 trip than most cars use in a year.

I'm not from Manchester but just don't get it.

5 minutes ago, wisdom said:

So how is this right.

They want to charge cars etc.But yet one of the busiest airports is on the doorstep and the planes fly over the City.They cannot be pollution free.They use more fuel in 1 trip than most cars use in a year.

You’re asking the wrong people I’m afraid. Have you asked the council? 

Edited by Scully

14 minutes ago, wisdom said:

So how is this right.

Aviation accounts for 2% of global emissions. The cement industry accounts for 8%. When was the last time there was a protest about the production of cement.

well london started it and now all big cities are ripping drivers off   we have just got to accept that if you want to drive you have to strap yourself up to the eyebrows in debt to buy an electric car or pay through the nose for combustion engined vehicles   its not about clean air if it was they would ban every  petrol/diesel car and motorbike       total rip off 

I don't agree with it but every G7 country is under immense pressure from their population aged under 40 to do the right thing, say the right thing and make them feel safe as they feel threatened by life. . . . . therefore all these snowflake, woke or modern type demands need to be paid for, in my eyes the Congestion charges are nothing compared to the charges/taxes that are heading our way. I'm pleased I'm in my twilight years of life as don't fancy the donation I'm going to have to pay but so so pleased I'm not starting out as those associated bills will be nothing else but eye-watering

NB. Please don't shoot the postie