Gwent police renewal times?

sandspider

Hi folks

Anyone renewed with Gwent recently? I sent my bits in nearly three months ago, well before the 8 weeks they suggest, and have heard nothing. My FAC expires in a couple of weeks. I emailed them to chase, and had an autoresponse saying don't email or phone to chase, it only slows things down further! It also says they will issue an 8 week extension as long as application was received in time, but it says if I don't receive an extension notification, I'll be commiting an offence.

Anyone had a renewal recently? Did you get an extension notification automatically?

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, sandspider said:

Hi folks

Anyone renewed with Gwent recently? I sent my bits in nearly three months ago, well before the 8 weeks they suggest, and have heard nothing. My FAC expires in a couple of weeks. I emailed them to chase, and had an autoresponse saying don't email or phone to chase, it only slows things down further! It also says they will issue an 8 week extension as long as application was received in time, but it says if I don't receive an extension notification, I'll be commiting an offence.

Anyone had a renewal recently? Did you get an extension notification automatically?

Thanks.

I believe that South Wales Police are now handling Gwent. If you sent in your renewal forms in good time, then they have to issue you an extension. 

Where does licensing get the authority to ‘issue an extension’, and what is an ‘extension’? Is it an extended expiry date on current tickets? If so, again, where do they get the authority to do so, and is it a tangible extension ( something you can carry in your wallet ) or just something they say exists? 
If your tickets expire without you receiving your renewals, and the reason is down to them, then they are duty bound to issue a S7.

Just now, Scully said:

Where does licensing get the authority to ‘issue an extension’, and what is an ‘extension’? Is it an extended expiry date on current tickets? If so, again, where do they get the authority to do so, and is it a tangible extension ( something you can carry in your wallet ) or just something they say exists? 
If your tickets expire without you receiving your renewals, and the reason is down to them, then they are duty bound to issue a S7.

According to Gwent, it's an 8 week extension on the expiry date of current tickets. Don't know where they get the authority to do this (from themselves, I think!) and I don't think it's tangible - hoping someone here may know.

Last time I asked them for a section 7 rather than them just saying it was OK, and I got my tickets the day the old one expired.

Just now, sandspider said:

According to Gwent, it's an 8 week extension on the expiry date of current tickets. Don't know where they get the authority to do this (from themselves, I think!) and I don't think it's tangible - hoping someone here may know.

Last time I asked them for a section 7 rather than them just saying it was OK, and I got my tickets the day the old one expired.

Thanks. Sounds very convenient for them! 
Try asking for a S7, it may work again! It didn’t work for me, ( Cumbria ) but I did get issued a S7 which she tried to persuade me I didn’t need. 

26 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Biggest problem I have with a section 7 is you can't buy ammunition on one.

Shotgun cartridges are ok, apparently, but not according to my now retired FEO. I’m not too bothered about shotgun cartridges to be honest as I can’t recall ever being asked to show mine except at Westlands, when I didn’t have it. She stood and watched as a mate bought them and I then put them in my bag.  🤷‍♂️
S1 ammo is as you say, a definite no no. 

Isn't it about time our Organisations...not just BASC... started to whinge and whine at the Home Office about this?

As Tax Payers we are supposedly paying for this very poor service by Police Forces.

No good just going belly up and accepting that is how it goes.  There are obviously some highly paid senior staff who are not staffing these departments adequately.

32 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Isn't it about time our Organisations...not just BASC... started to whinge and whine at the Home Office about this?

As Tax Payers we are supposedly paying for this very poor service by Police Forces.

No good just going belly up and accepting that is how it goes.  There are obviously some highly paid senior staff who are not staffing these departments adequately.

Totally agree, but the fact they don’t, won’t or can’t is why they no longer get my money. 

• 3 weeks later...