The Six Nations

chrisjpainter

It's that  time again! 

England's team's been announced and it looks inexperienced but surprisingly dynamic.

Back Three: Marchant, Steward, Malins

Centre: Daly, Slade 

Fly: Smith,

Scrum Half: Youngs

Eight: Simmonds

Second Row: Itoje, Isiekwe, Ludlam, Curry (capt)

Front Row: Genge, Cowan-Dickie, Sinckler

Replacements: George, Marler, Stuart, Ewels, Dombrandt, Randall, Ford, Nowell.

It's nice to see Curry in the armband and out of Number Eight. Thoughts for the tournament?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

dont know, as i know nowt about cricket, but someone on here stated that england would hump the aussies, and the rest is history.

I don't know of anyone who said they would hump the Aussies? So...your post is, 'I know nothing about the thing I'm talking about,' followed by 'here's a thing that's wrong'. Glad we cleared that up...

2 minutes ago, wisdom said:

Will Farrells kicking be missed?

Do you mean from the tee, or in-game? If the latter, I don't think so. It tends to bog us down anyway. I'd rather we laid off the kicking a bit and ran with the ball. With Smith, Slade and Daly in the middle, I think we could be pretty dynamic. And if we need a rethink, Ford's on the bench.

From the tee, possibly. He does give his cheap points, but without him, we might be tempted to go for the corner more?

32 minutes ago, wisdom said:

Will Farrells kicking be missed?

At this level all the 10s can kick, scary how good they all are.

28 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I'd rather we laid off the kicking a bit and ran with the ball. With Smith, Slade and Daly in the middle, I think we could be pretty dynamic

Oh I hope so, be nice to see some proper rugby, with a young explosive team going forwards scaring teams.

England need to remember where they finished last year, that should be all the motivation that's needed.

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I don't know of anyone who said they would hump the Aussies? So...your post is, 'I know nothing about the thing I'm talking about,' followed by 'here's a thing that's wrong'. Glad we cleared that up...

You must have a short or selective memory, December 7th you posted  " Clearly this is going to be 5-0 to England, we,ll sweep the Aussies aside " ring any bells?  🤣

1 hour ago, billytheghillie said:

You must have a short or selective memory, December 7th you posted  " Clearly this is going to be 5-0 to England, we,ll sweep the Aussies aside " ring any bells?  🤣

Oh bless your little brain. One can only hope Scotland's backs are quicker with their rugby than you are with spotting sarcasm! You didn't wonder why I followed that line up with 'Anyone got anything sensible to say' or at the end '...Not that [our batters will] actually be able to bat for long'? I'd have thought the tone was ridiculous enough for my meaning to be clear...I'll spell it out in words of just one part to them the next time...

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

England need to remember where they finished last year, that should be all the motivation that's needed.

Indeed! I think it's going to be a pretty competitive tournament - one notable exception!

3 hours ago, JDog said:

No place for Radwan. That's a shame.

I agree. It'd have been easy enough to arrange, too. Marchant into the centre instead of Daly and then Radwan can be on the wing. I just don't get Jones' obsession with Daly. I don't think  his domestic season has been altogether stellar. I guess we're a little short in the centre right now.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

You are forgetting that they do nothing else all day.

No not forgetting at all, practice is one thing, but the consistency under pressure is fantastic. 

I'm thinking Farrell being out injured will really let Smith get stuck into the roll.

Can't wait.

Do you mean from the tee, or in-game? If the latter, I don't think so. It tends to bog us down anyway. I'd rather we laid off the kicking a bit and ran with the ball. With Smith, Slade and Daly in the middle, I think we could be pretty dynamic. And if we need a rethink, Ford's on the bench.

From the tee, possibly. He does give his cheap points, but without him, we might be tempted to go for the corner more?

Yes I meant from the tee.Totally agree with those 3 in the middle.

It will be a great tournament (I hope)

We went to Murrayfield before covid and I have never experienced an atmosphere like it

It's one sporting fixture I'd really love to go to. It's also probably about as far away form me as it's possible to get an international match in the UK!

Ireland?

60,000 all walking back through Edinburgh after England beat Scotland,  and no trouble, great night out afterwards with plenty of banter, highly recommended.