• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Duffryn said:

Their response "

Your ‘independent Gunsmith’ is incorrect, both triggers are ‘inertia’, the reason one is different is because we changed it for you, remember? ......

We do have different ejectors in stock  they don’t all have the gauge on, if we have done work on one gun without the other it is possible that ejector has been changed at the time of doing the trigger as a matter of course but as we didn’t do the other one at the same time  this is slightly different.

Sorry, can’t comment on the wood".

Their reply sounds like something that you might expect to receive from a young and inexperienced manager , at an asda supermarket , when reporting a dented tin of baked beans . Its certainly not the kind of response that you'd expect to receive from longthornes .

The financial damage,  arising  from the damage done to their company reputation,  from this one incident alone , could prove to be considerable , and will probably far outweigh , any financial loss incurred  from this issue being resolved via the courts.

It's a pretty safe bet in this day and age  , that any potential customer of longthornes , will hit the Google search button , long before they part with their money , and that potential customer , will read this thread , and just move along to another , more reputable company.

Longthornes , you need to do better.

15 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Their reply sounds like something that you might expect to receive from a young and inexperienced manager , at an asda supermarket , when reporting a dented tin of baked beans . Its certainly not the kind of response that you'd expect to receive from longthornes .

The financial damage,  arising  from the damage done to their company reputation,  from this one incident alone , could prove to be considerable , and will probably far outweigh , any financial loss incurred  from this issue being resolved via the courts.

It's a pretty safe bet in this day and age  , that any potential customer of longthornes , will hit the Google search button , long before they part with their money , and that potential customer , will read this thread , and just move along to another , more reputable company.

Especially if …

longthorne guns

longthorne problems and bad customer service. Longthorne issues and reliability with shotguns. Overpriced longthorne shotguns and service issues. 😉

Trust me it gets much worse than this which the video will show. On the 4th return in the first year I got charged £458 for cartridges, a loader and a cameraman to film testing the gun (I had agreed to pay for a slab or cartridges and £80 for an adjustment so that I could actually use my gun). 

I was so annoyed by this that I then invoiced Longthone for the cost of the return journeys (they claim their return to base warranty didn't apply because the gun not ejecting, pin not setting off the cartridges or second barrel not firing are adjustments and NOT faults).

Longthorne didn't pay my invoice and I didn't pay theirs.

All documented on email which I will publish. Remember at this point I was a a year in having spent £50K on a pair of guns that I could not rely on and that had ruined several expensive days shooting.

Three years later, they then refuse to service my guns or carry out any further charged work until I pay their CRAZY invoice.

Longthorne have been sent a link to this thread. 

Longthorne I will repeat my messages sent in email but this time I do so publicly. I DO NOT wish to destroy your reputation. I am happy to pay for the gun I have used to be serviced and the cost of the parts, I am happy to pay for the gun I have not been able to use for the last four years to have the trigger modified so that I can use it so long as the cost is not inflated five fold as you have tried to do.

I want the fore end ( failed just after a year) repaired or replaced at your cost and I want to be fair an reasonable about the crack on the stock though appreciate you need to see this to comment. I am happy to write off the invoice I have issued you for the cost of returning my guns to you multiple times in the first year but only if you cancel your invoice for filming testing. 

Oh if you stand by the fact that a cracked stock or a for end expanding away from the gun and rattling when you shoot it is and I quote “It is not a fault, wood is a natural product and therefore it is outside of anyone’s control and outside our warranty terms and conditions". Then as a condition of me not releasing the video, make this very clear via a clearly promoted warranty section visible to all on your website. After all if that's your position and you think its fair why wouldn't you shout about it ?

This is your very last chance Longthorne. I would urge you to use some common sense ...... 

Edited by Duffryn

I'm not alone, a comment on a feeler I put out  on  Youtube today from another poor customer of Longthorne who also made the mistake of buying a Logthorne Delux. 

"I bought a Hesketh delux, I had issues from the start, though it was a great gun to shoot with. Eventually after having it repaired four times in 6 months and then after failing again I had it repaired again and managed to sell it to a dealer at a huge loss. I was so upset with how I was treated by Longthorne that I ended up not caring and was glad to get rid of it. For instance they immediately resorted to solicitor’s letters when I asked for my money back. Compared to my back up Browning 725 it was so unreliable. A terrible experience for me, which I hope never to repeat."

Longthorne - Trust me I will find many more examples of this and will make sure that anyone contemplating buying a Longthorne is made aware of them.

Edited by Duffryn

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 requires all goods that are bought or sold in the UK to be:

• as described - the good should match any sample you were shown
  • of satisfactory quality - any defect or issue should have been made clear to you when you bought the goods
  • fit for purpose - you should be able to use the goods for its everyday purpose, as agreed with the seller

If your goods do not meet one or more of these criteria, the retailer is in breach of contract, which would give rise for you to claim under the Sale of Goods Act.

this wasn’t a £300 shotgun, even said £300 shotgun should be fit for purpose. But when we are talking circa £25k then the goalposts move considerably with regards to, fit for purpose and even more so with, Of satisfactory quality, as quality should relate to price point. At a £25k premium it should, as mentioned last a reasonable amount of time, some would argue a lifetime. 

Edited by TK421

The sad thing is (but good for you), if Longthorne back down to stop you publishing your video, there will be many people that will still think how wonderful Longthorne guns are. The won't realise the hoops they have to jump through to get any satisfaction.  I would imagine that there are many more Utube viewers than PW members. 

12 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Agreed.  It's far from what could be considered a professional response.  It looks to me like a schoolboy wrote it.

T

1 hour ago, Robden said:

The sad thing is (but good for you), if Longthorne back down to stop you publishing your video, there will be many people that will still think how wonderful Longthorne guns are. The won't realise the hoops they have to jump through to get any satisfaction.  I would imagine that there are many more Utube viewers than PW members. 

If this thread isn’t deleted upon the matter being happily resolved(I hope it is) then google should continue to bring up this thread and make individuals aware of both sides of the coin.

40 minutes ago, Hicky said:

If this thread isn’t deleted upon the matter being happily resolved(I hope it is) then google should continue to bring up this thread and make individuals aware of both sides of the coin.

Why should it ever be deleted? Only updated with the outcome. either way the customer has had to resort to taking to social media as the company aren’t listening to his issue and providing a resolution. Not everyone has the time or know how to do what this chap has done, so without this thread you’d never know about the potential problems with Longthorne. This thread makes them accountable and keeps them honest going forward, it also provides a reference point for others who may also have issues. The best thing they can do is admit they got it wrong, fix it, fix future issues with their products and never let it happen again. It should never be a case that ONLY the squeaky wheel gets the oil, ever. 

problems are inevitable, it’s how you address, resolve or fix them that matters the most. To simply ignore them or deny any issue is unacceptable in any business and the sure way to upset your client base/customers. It’s an arrogant and archaic way to do modern business, and to me a true show of what the company is about. It’s also very easy to resolve in a positive light as well. The company accounts have improved year on year (other than pandemic) so they’re certainly doing well, this would cost them nothing to fix, but would gain them so much more in positive reflection, baffles me why they aren’t being proactive about it, it’s certainly a missed opportunity. I’m betting it cost them more to run the promotion they did with Johnny Carter from TGS, price of the gun, time etc.. You rarely get the chance to do things like this is business, any forward thinking company would grab the opportunity with both hands, that is unless they are too short sighted, on the decline (penny pinching) or as mentioned to blooming arrogant. 

Edited by TK421

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

Why should it ever be deleted? Only updated with the outcome. either way the customer has had to resort to taking to social media as the company aren’t listening to his issue and providing a resolution. Not everyone has the time or know how to do what this chap has done, so without this thread you’d never know about the potential problems with Longthorne. This thread makes them accountable and keeps them honest going forward, it also provides a reference point for others who may also have issues. The best thing they can do is admit they got it wrong, fix it, fix future issues with their products and never let it happen again. It should never be a case that ONLY the squeaky wheel gets the oil, ever. 

problems are inevitable, it’s how you address, resolve or fix them that matters the most. To simply ignore them or deny any issue is unacceptable in any business and the sure way to upset your client base/customers. It’s an arrogant and archaic way to do modern business, and to me a true show of what the company is about. It’s also very easy to resolve in a positive light as well. The company accounts have improved year on year (other than pandemic) so they’re certainly doing well, this would cost them nothing to fix, but would gain them so much more in positive reflection, baffles me why they aren’t being proactive about it, it’s certainly a missed opportunity. I’m betting it cost them more to run the promotion they did with Johnny Carter from TGS, price of the gun, time etc.. You rarely get the chance to do things like this is business, any forward thinking company would grab the opportunity with both hands, that is unless they are too short sighted, on the decline (penny pinching) or as mentioned to blooming arrogant. 

Agreed though in my experience , the "head in the sand" approach is not new for Longthorne and I suspect old habits die hard 

42 minutes ago, Duffryn said:

Agreed though in my experience , the "head in the sand" approach is not new for Longthorne and I suspect old habits die hard 

Old habits from a company that’s only been trading since 2010?

Not a great start … 

don’t think it’s even head in the sand really, it’s simply bad customer service of what they consider themselves to be a ‘premium brand’. It’s not like there are other UK made guns out there that have lasted more than a few years right? 

48 minutes ago, holloway said:

Have you contacted Johnny Carter at TGS ,just to see what his take on it is ,and also contact the list of suppliers it’s often a good way to test the water very often you will find a dealer is sick of a certain brand of gun and the aggro they attract.

Doubt very much JC will comment on anything other than they are brilliant (free gun syndrome and brand ambassador). 
suppliers is a good angle, but would imagine most would be said in person and off record. No harm in trying though. 

Longthorne gun issues and Longthorne problems

13 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Doubt very much JC will comment on anything other than they are brilliant (free gun syndrome and brand ambassador). 
suppliers is a good angle, but would imagine most would be said in person and off record. No harm in trying though. 

Longthorne gun issues and Longthorne problems

Pretty much, he has i think 7 videos on them. Last person id go too