Duffryn

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Johnny English said:

I opted for a set of passive CFG at the back end of last year, my first ever set of moulded ear plugs. Little bit of a steady process with having to wait for the home visit then production, but well worth it. Have been really pleased with my passives and would definitely have another set.

Have you posted this in the right place?

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Duffryn said:

All resolved , Longthorne went beyond what was agreed on the work to the guns and re polished the wood and gave the barrels a fresh blackening. Tested on a simulated day and they work perfectly. A very happy customer again 

Any more videos coming up this season? I love them especially when you are having a tough drive. So much more realistic that the guys that are always having the perfect drive!

I know of one person who bought a longthorne he waited about 8 months for it had  problems with it on a weekly basis.after a lot of argument they actually bought the gun back.now as people love to knock gmk and beretta I bought a used dt11 and the barrel weights kept moving and would jam the forend I sent it back to them and at the time it was eighteen months old by this time they matched and fitted a new forend with no quibbles or charge.they even sent me pictures of several forends that were matching so I could choose the one I wanted.

9 hours ago, bostonmick said:

I know of one person who bought a longthorne he waited about 8 months for it had  problems with it on a weekly basis.after a lot of argument they actually bought the gun back.now as people love to knock gmk and beretta I bought a used dt11 and the barrel weights kept moving and would jam the forend I sent it back to them and at the time it was eighteen months old by this time they matched and fitted a new forend with no quibbles or charge.they even sent me pictures of several forends that were matching so I could choose the one I wanted.

I had 4 DT11’s over the space of 4 months, EELL’s and the limited anniversary edition, all brand new in 2022, all with faults. All returned for repair at GMK, which added up to another 6 weeks of waiting  on top. They came back worse than when they went to GMK. When speaking to GMK I always got the feeling they were to busy to talk, offered very little help over the phone other than the default answer which was “we’ll have to see it before we comment” even for a simple question asked like “should the DT 11 trigger set be loose and rattle?” Ended up with me screwing up or missing most of the years comps as I either had no gun to shoot with, a knackered one , or using mates back of the cabinet loaner. A Frustrating year to say the least. I did end up going back to the drawing board and looking for another new gun. It came down to this, ‘You’re  only as good as your after sales support’. You can have the best gun in the world but if it’s lets down by poor or slow service then it’s isn’t worth the headache. 

On 08/10/2022 at 07:21, TK421 said:

I had 4 DT11’s over the space of 4 months, EELL’s and the limited anniversary edition, all brand new in 2022, all with faults. All returned for repair at GMK, which added up to another 6 weeks of waiting  on top. They came back worse than when they went to GMK. When speaking to GMK I always got the feeling they were to busy to talk, offered very little help over the phone other than the default answer which was “we’ll have to see it before we comment” even for a simple question asked like “should the DT 11 trigger set be loose and rattle?” Ended up with me screwing up or missing most of the years comps as I either had no gun to shoot with, a knackered one , or using mates back of the cabinet loaner. A Frustrating year to say the least. I did end up going back to the drawing board and looking for another new gun. It came down to this, ‘You’re  only as good as your after sales support’. You can have the best gun in the world but if it’s lets down by poor or slow service then it’s isn’t worth the headache. 

then you must have been extremely unlucky.i know at least 30 people who have dt11's of all  models and not one has been any trouble.some of them have two.as for gmk I have spoke to the workshop on occasion and they have gone above and beyond to help me.on one occasion I wanted an adjustable stock for my black they sent me pictures of the stocks and forends they had to choose from and charged me half price Inc fitting.and yes they were new stocks not returns.browning as far as I understand will not entertain speaking to customers and I know of two dealers who stopped selling c&g as the after sales was dreadful even to them.so it all comes down to personal experiences really.

39 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

then you must have been extremely unlucky.i know at least 30 people who have dt11's of all  models and not one has been any trouble.some of them have two.as for gmk I have spoke to the workshop on occasion and they have gone above and beyond to help me.on one occasion I wanted an adjustable stock for my black they sent me pictures of the stocks and forends they had to choose from and charged me half price Inc fitting.and yes they were new stocks not returns.browning as far as I understand will not entertain speaking to customers and I know of two dealers who stopped selling c&g as the after sales was dreadful even to them.so it all comes down to personal experiences really.

This is 2022 models only or post covid guns. Few of us all purchase new DT11’s all had issues. All post covid guns majority 2022. As mentioned My original 2016 never missed a beat. There are definitely issues coming out of Italy post Covid with a good few premium dealers commenting on issues with beretta. I love the DT11 just couldn’t put up with the issues. Personal experiences doesn’t come into it, if somethings faulty it’s faulty. We’re talking loose badly fitted fore ends, loose rattling trigger sets, solid top levers locking up making it impossible to open the guns. Over tight friends making it almost impossible to open the gun. Marks on the barrels in the blueing, damaged woodwork from factory, finish issues on the action, surface rust appearing on one gun etc. this is on brand new DT11 EELL’s which is unacceptable. It’s unacceptable on any new gun to be fair. 

Edited by TK421

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

This is 2022 models only or post covid guns. Few of us all purchase new DT11’s all had issues. All post covid guns majority 2022. As mentioned My original 2016 never missed a beat. There are definitely issues coming out of Italy post Covid with a good few premium dealers commenting on issues with beretta. I love the DT11 just couldn’t put up with the issues. Personal experiences doesn’t come into it, if somethings faulty it’s faulty. We’re talking loose badly fitted fore ends, loose rattling trigger sets, solid top levers locking up making it impossible to open the guns. Over tight friends making it almost impossible to open the gun. Marks on the barrels in the blueing, damaged woodwork from factory, finish issues on the action, surface rust appearing on one gun etc. this is on brand new DT11 EELL’s which is unacceptable. It’s unacceptable on any new gun 

if a gun has poor wood or loose trigger unit marks on the bluing rust starting when new out of the box then it should be refused not paid for then complain.

5 hours ago, bostonmick said:

if a gun has poor wood or loose trigger unit marks on the bluing rust starting when new out of the box then it should be refused not paid for then complain.

That works when you purchase direct walking into a bricks and mortar shop. I purchased remote via RFD. Regardless QC should grab all these issues. Should never be in a position where you buy a new gun either direct or remote and it has any major issues. That’s the arrogance of Beretta Italy, guns leave without proper QC and they expect the dealer network, GMK and the customer resolving the issues.  There’s also a possibility that some customers will just live with the issues. Totally unacceptable at every level. 

the replacement guns were sent to me direct from italy, with faults. So there’s no way to foresee that one other than complain when you open the box after delivery. 

Edited by TK421

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

That works when you purchase direct walking into a bricks and mortar shop. I purchased remote via RFD. Regardless QC should grab all these issues. Should never be in a position where you buy a new gun either direct or remote and it has any major issues. That’s the arrogance of Beretta Italy, guns leave without proper QC and they expect the dealer network, GMK and the customer resolving the issues.  There’s also a possibility that some customers will just live with the issues. Totally unacceptable at every level. 

the replacement guns were sent to me direct from italy, with faults. So there’s no way to a wood that one other than complain when you open the box after delivery. 

that's the difference between us then.i will not buy a gun or most other things over the phone or Internet.i am quite happy to spend a day driving to look at something I want and if it turns out to be no good then all I have lost is a bit of time and diesel.

20 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

that's the difference between us then.i will not buy a gun or most other things over the phone or Internet.i am quite happy to spend a day driving to look at something I want and if it turns out to be no good then all I have lost is a bit of time and diesel.

I’m sure there are many differences, when buying anything brand new I see no point in traveling the country to look at something I know I already like as I already had a DT11, can already shoot and something I want. The fact that’s it’s brand new should negate any issues going forward providing it’s been made to a standard and quality checked at factory. There should be zero risk other than transit damage. Buying Second hand/used Id agree with you entirely, hence buying new to hopefully eliminate any potential issues. I trusted the brand Beretta would deliver a product fit for purpose with no defects, this I where I went wrong.
Don’t forget the first DT11 I ordered was a limited edition run. Only 300 globally and of that only 15 were coming to the UK, at the time I ordered mine there were only 3 in the entire UK all miles away at either ends of the country, 2 of which were at the same dealer I ended up ordering from. I’m genuinely too busy to faff about driving the length of the country and to be fair the faults only materialised after shooting on the first DT11, the other DT11’s came direct from factory as replacements and then subsequently a paid upgrade by myself to the EELL, again direct from Italy waiting 3 months for stock. I think driving to Italy is a bit of a stretch, so was happy to take the RFD delivery to my front door. 

All it cost me is time, a few sleepless nights, missed comps and no diesel (petrol). 

Edited by TK421

14 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

At last!  One with a brain.

Nobody in their right mind would ever buy anything they had not seen (IMO). 
Ever heard of a pig in a poke?

4 minutes ago, London Best said:

That's a little rude to be fair..... 

I'd probably do similar to TK, seeing photos and it being new should negate the need to travel several hundred miles and the time taken. Seeing it in person wouldn't have helped stop the issue with how it shot if it wasn't immediately apparent either.

21 minutes ago, London Best said:

“Nobody In their right mind buys a brand new gun without seeing it?” Seriously, that’s absolute BS. Pig in a poke? Because who’s heard of Beretta right?
So let me get this right, from your comment you agree that Beretta products are well below par and even if new shouldn’t be trusted to get things like quality control right and you must travel the length of the country to check said quality before purchase? Really? If so, I totally agree with you and this is the only lesson I learnt, I will never buy a brand new Beretta again due to the fact they can’t  deliver a serviceable product and that you have to personally QC it before purchase, what a complete crock IMO. 

as mentioned by others above there are many ‘other’ manufacturers that get it right day in day out. The checks in place should be enough That you don’t or shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to not only buy but check any shotgun, never mind a flag ship product like the EELL. 

as a side, do you think buying direct from Longthorne helped in this original thread? Let me think about that …….

Edited by TK421

20 minutes ago, London Best said:

I never mentioned Beretta..

I said anything.

“Nobody in their right mind would ever buy anything they had not seen (IMO). “

Oh sorry my bad I thought you were referring to me and as I was talking about Beretta I assumed that’s what you meant? Or do you think I buy everything remotely? Sorry bit confused by your comment there fella? 
Take it you don’t have Amazon prime? Take away delivery, online food shopping, online orders for ‘anything? ‘spare parts? Components? It’s endless, to use the term Anything’? That’s an ever bigger blanket statement than just Beretta?
you must have one hell of a carbon footprint and fuel bill plus shed loads of time to do it all. I’d be constantly driving 24/7 if I had to pick up everything and anything I wanted to buy because I had to check it first. My business would fail as I wouldn’t be able to buy in products for manufacturing (unseen), I couldn’t sell anything as I couldn’t  ship it because nobody would buy it unseen.
absolutely Bonkers statement that and totally unrealistic especially when talking about a brand new product, I mean if it’s now come that we can’t even buy anything new anymore without seeing it first then we really are in the 💩**** . 

Edited by TK421

It seems to be getting out of hand. Each to his / her own way of buying. 

I have only ever bought one gun without seeing it first. It was fine, but not all new guns are identical - wood density affects the balance. I now prefer to handle a gun before buying, but those who buy on-line are aware of the risks and are happy to accept them.

That's life.

3 hours ago, bostonmick said:

Yes. Me also. If OTOH I buy at distance, at auction (without my having actually viewed the gun) and find it has faults when I finally see it I place the blame where it rightly should be placed. On myself. For not having been and looked at it.