• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-60260155

Say what you like about the court system but this looks like a great and sensible result. 

Well I hope all those that cheer this will also accept that what was good for "the Colston Four" also has worked for this farmer too. There is the law and there is what is right in each unique circumstance. I think in BOTH cases the jury has been correct in delivering "Not Guilty".

Just now, enfieldspares said:

Well I hope all those that cheer this will also accept that what was good for "the Colston Four" also has worked for this farmer too. There is the law and there is what is right in each unique circumstance. I think in BOTH cases the jury has been correct in delivering "Not Guilty".

I disagree whole heartedly.

One was vandalism by a mob the other was a farmer defending his livelihood.

Having been challenged for my language I apologise for trying to beat the swear filter, calling the individual a stupid drunken **** for causing so much anguish for the farmer involved and his wife.

However I stand by my statement and fully believe that the **** involved  was a stupid **** and deserves to be **** with a slug of his own ****

so pleased with myself that I wasn’t drawn into the slavery argument, dodged a bullet there, a warning on swearing, phew!

cheers

Edited by Goldfish

4 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Well said.

6 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Justice has been done. I would imagine the Corsa owner will have time to reflect on how his stupidity cost him a £16k car. I would imagine his insurance company would disown him.

A £16k Corsa? No wonder the jury disregarded everything he said thereafter 😆

12 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

12 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I disagree whole heartedly.

One was vandalism by a mob the other was a farmer defending his livelihood.

I've been giving this a bit of thought , as I agree and disagree with both opinions at the same time.

My first thoughts were to completely agree with dave . The Colston four are nothing more than vandals , and can in no way be compared to a decent hard working farmer , that was protecting his property and livelihood ,   But ,  the parts of our legal system that allows a jury to override the law , and do the right thing , is to be cherished. We might not always agree with the end result,  and sometimes the bad guys ( in our opinion )will get away with it , but it's a small price to pay , if it means that a decent and hard working farmer,  doesn't get unfairly punished , when thugs have left him in a situation , where he felt that he had no other option.

To my none legal mind , our legal system often seems pretty messed up , but at other times , I realise that it could be much worse.

37 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

The Colston four are nothing more than vandals . 
To my none legal mind , our legal system often seems pretty messed up , but at other times , I realise that it could be much worse.

Agreed.

And in that case my thoughts turn to the words of Mr Bumble (Oliver Twist) “ the law is an ***”

Edited by Bobba

A £16k Corsa? No wonder the jury disregarded everything he said thereafter 😆

Having bought the Corsa, he "made it his own", with a few tasteful customisations - spoiler, exhaust, tinted windows. All the things that idiots do to say their car is worth more, when it was been devalued, in reality. 🙂