Car flipped by farmer. Farmer not guilty

oowee

I can well remember a similar incident we had in my old village many years ago .

Just about everyone was on a low income and helped each other out with things like holding a harvest festival at the church with the contents going to the old and needy and organising Christmas parties ect .

Anyhow , a piece of rough land was given to the village so it could be made into a play area for the kids , we all done bits and pieces in clearing the ground and made it all level , a few swings and small roundabouts were put up and in time everywhere looked clean and tidy , then one day the sad news broke out that the travellers have gone on the land with there caravans , straight away there was uproar and the villagers asked the council to get them off , time they got the paperwork and nailed it on the gate the damage was done and the locals wasn't prepared to wait seven days , or something like that before they by law had to get off .

One of the locals who ran a scrap yard for old cars had a digger that he had recently used on clearing the site , he had no more to do and went and asked them to get off or he would tow them off with the digger , at first they just laughed and told him to f off , so he did and five minutes later he came back with the digger and one or two of his mates , he then reversed up to the nearest caravan , off he get and started to get the chains out when the chap came out and said he was now going , then he moved on to the next one and the same thing happened again , this went on till they all moved off and peace was restored.

P S ... I must add that the digger driver and his fellow helpers were not the sort of people to argue with and the dwellers knew they were on a loser ,  there caravans were there pride and joy and didn't want them damaged by a digger , action then was a lot louder than words :good: 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, marsh man said:

I can well remember a similar incident we had in my old village many years ago .

Just about everyone was on a low income and helped each other out with things like holding a harvest festival at the church with the contents going to the old and needy and organising Christmas parties ect .

Anyhow , a piece of rough land was given to the village so it could be made into a play area for the kids , we all done bits and pieces in clearing the ground and made it all level , a few swings and small roundabouts were put up and in time everywhere looked clean and tidy , then one day the sad news broke out that the travellers have gone on the land with there caravans , straight away there was uproar and the villagers asked the council to get them off , time they got the paperwork and nailed it on the gate the damage was done and the locals wasn't prepared to wait seven days , or something like that before they by law had to get off .

One of the locals who ran a scrap yard for old cars had a digger that he had recently used on clearing the site , he had no more to do and went and asked them to get off or he would tow them off with the digger , at first they just laughed and told him to f off , so he did and five minutes later he came back with the digger and one or two of his mates , he then reversed up to the nearest caravan , off he get and started to get the chains out when the chap came out and said he was now going , then he moved on to the next one and the same thing happened again , this went on till they all moved off and peace was restored.

P S ... I must add that the digger driver and his fellow helpers were not the sort of people to argue with and the dwellers knew they were on a loser ,  there caravans were there pride and joy and didn't want them damaged by a digger , action then was a lot louder than words :good: 

Interesting. I am surprised they did not set the kids on him. Not much you can do when half a dozen snotty five to ten year olds come at you with sticks. :lol:

Yes, I was still in the job back then when a young man thought he would impress his new girlfriend by driving upthe side of some 'seeds' basically for those not aware these are a grass clover mix sown for making high quality hay.   The farmer who was actually a Special Constable as well as a friend happened to see this and drove up the opposite side of the hedge and accidentally hit the discharge button on his side discharge slurry sprayer. The young man happened to be driving a nice new drop head motor and this was mid summer. I saw the car and it was full to the brim.   No further action, farmer was obviously totally unaware of the presence of the car and knocking the lever was acciental. Case closed.

14 hours ago, ordnance said:

He should have called the police and let them deal with it, so for me he was guilty.

I read somewhere that this was a route already well travelled by this particular farmer . He'd called the police on several previous occasions,  but as is quite normal in these cases , he got zero response from the police( not knocking the police , they can't be everywhere at once) . In this instance , he approached the guy that was stopping him from working , and got assaulted.   The farmer felt that he had no other choice than to( defend) deal with the issue himself.

Looking to the future , I can see many more of these types of incidents.  As the police become less able ( for many many reasons) to protect the population , it will fail to the population to protect itself . Laws will be changed , or as in this case , older laws will be brought back into play . 

As we seem to edge closer and closer to a lawless society , I can only assume that society will become the new law .  

We can't get the police to attend abandoned stolen cars, not a hope they would attend a car blocking a gateway.

How many cars block driveways and park in no parking areas in the UK every day, not a hope.

Parking like an idiot isn't a crime, you wouldn't even get an incident number let alone a crime number

I remember when i was working and we used to call the police on 999 (Quite a few times a week ) and they would say there busy and would get there when they could often 2/3 days later , Scarey when your guys are on the end of a radio and have caught somebody breaking in , or stealing stuff