Hare we go again....πŸ‘

gamekeeper1960

1 hour ago, gamekeeper1960 said:

Have been working on another Hares head, but this time shorter in the handle so it looks a bit chunkier, (as a mate of mine was say the last one I did looks like a nice ladies stick)..So this one is aimed more for the fellas it's coming along nicely .and fits the hand well.20220116_123438.jpg.bc3891eaf1a2eb27d4170afca46d918c.jpg20220116_123459.jpg.f7db92e4cbd57976a569bab70ab5c447.jpg20220117_102135.jpg.9f020410317703d45ce0e4f43bade662.jpg

For a quick comparison here the earlier one..DSC_0141.JPG.33549adbec23078ca63b4d7a0a4e334d.JPG

18 minutes ago, bottletopbill said:

To gamekeeper1960.

Be careful with that stick in a field a couple of trucks will pull up with dogs.

ps great work yet again

Thanks Bill, don't worry I'll set the Mrs on them....πŸ‘

4 minutes ago, mgsontour said:

Do you want to sell it when finished?

Replied pm

The new hare is looking resplendent in the Norfolk countryside, I'm particularly happy with the way this leaves a better place to rest your thumb between the ears making very easy to hold, and Is ideal for those country walks or as a shoot day companion....

DB...DSC_0327.JPG.7d1a9780ff721f44d07c46099aeb2a5c.JPGDSC_0337.JPG.aa0f76eb7cf747f4296ded09314a6d14.JPGDSC_0333.JPG.e4e56d43d8d8432408db5afcf6cb4770.JPG

Edited by gamekeeper1960

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

cant remember if i have asked you before ..........what wood do you use for the head carvings ?

In truth what ever I have to hand that particular one is carved from Alder,Β  but I do use a lot of offcuts from a furniture maker. So I try to recycle as much as I can...must admit I did buy a length of lime last week but that's the first I've bought in a long while...

DB..

Cheers Mel...πŸ‘

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Pure class πŸ‘.

10 minutes ago, gamekeeper1960 said:

In truth what ever I have to hand that particular one is carved from Alder,Β  but I do use a lot of offcuts from a furniture maker. So I try to recycle as much as I can...must admit I did buy a length of lime last week but that's the first I've bought in a long while...

DB..

Cheers Mel...πŸ‘

I've got a few bits of lime sitting in my wood store , it's been in there for about three years . Let me know if you'd like a bit .

I use it to make the odd fruit bowl and chopping board.

4 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I've got a few bits of lime sitting in my wood store , it's been in there for about three years . Let me know if you'd like a bit .

I use it to make the odd fruit bowl and chopping board.

That's a very kind gesture..andΒ  we will have to sort something out in future as I've got now enough to last for a while but..Many thanks..David..

Β 

3 hours ago, biketestace said:

Quality work again sirΒ πŸ‘

Thank you Mr biketestace...πŸ‘

Β 

36 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Absolutely stunning workmanship.

Many thanks for posting.

OB

Cheers OB..I'll keep going as long as folks aren't bored with it..πŸ‘

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Ghost Bunny said:

A bit late to the party but just browsing through PW i came across this post, that is amazing work and great skill that i could only dream of possessing, my finished article would end up like your first picture.πŸ˜‚Β 

Thanks Ghost Bunny for your kind words...πŸ‘

• 2 weeks later...