One for the photo album

maxwell

Very smart young man. He looks happy with his pigeon well done. I hope he takes to pigeon shooting not many youngsters get the chance at pigeons. Keep with the ear defenders I never had them when I started, I now have Russian tinnitus. Watch how they fly Thomas, then you will find out when to shoot them. Good luck.

Well done Thomas !

my youngest 11 just started with the 410 on the clay ground and been beating with me and my dad !

20 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

Fantastic

I look forward to the day when I can post the same of my own son but he's a few years away from swinging a shotgun yet!

jim not Shure how young the youngster is but blink and they will be a spotty know it all teenager ! Did not seem two minutes ago I was changing his stinking nappies of my eldest !

Take lots of photos and enjoy every minute!

Agriv8

2 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

Well done Thomas !

my youngest 11 just started with the 410 on the clay ground and been beating with me and my dad !

jim not Shure how young the youngster is but blink and they will be a spotty know it all teenager ! Did not seem two minutes ago I was changing his stinking nappies of my eldest !

Take lots of photos and enjoy every minute!

Agriv8

I know what you mean!  Mine will turn 6 in July but his personality is not exactly that of a steady labrador - he's more of an unhinged spaniel!  Something to do with the spaniels that have raised him no doubt 😅  I'll start him off plinking when I think he's sensible enough to adhere to gun safety but I'm not expecting it to be in the next year or two.  I'd love to be proved wrong though...

Great photo, takes me back to my first pigeon with a bolt action .410 with my old man watching on…..never gone home so excited/proud of myself!! 
Still as keen as ever on pigeon shooting and still go with Dad nigh on every time, nearly 30 years later. 
Hope you have many happy years sharing a hide with your son! 
Hope my children follow in my footsteps, it seems harder to get kids interested in such things these days. 

On 08/02/2022 at 13:29, Wilts#Dave said:

Great photo, takes me back to my first pigeon with a bolt action .410 with my old man watching on…..never gone home so excited/proud of myself!! 
Still as keen as ever on pigeon shooting and still go with Dad nigh on every time, nearly 30 years later. 
Hope you have many happy years sharing a hide with your son! 
Hope my children follow in my footsteps, it seems harder to get kids interested in such things these days. 

We were home by dinner time so we breasted both his birds and had a cracking bite to eat 32FB991A-FE51-4EFD-B1C9-E62B3FE5C8FC.jpeg.b9456d4baa92e318694cbcfd1cc2b2c3.jpeg