Weihrauch

wildfowler.250

Looking for some opinions guys if that’s okay!

So I’ve got a HW77K .22 which I’ve had for nearly 20 years,(bought second hand so goodness knows how old it is).

It works fine but I assume it could do with a service? Does the power decline over time? And if so, who does service them it in the uk?

It’s certainly not silent when you fire it. I wouldn’t say it’s loud. But it’s notably noisier than a pcp. There’s no silencer fitted,(and it doesn’t look screw cut) but I think it’s more the internals when it fires that makes a crack rather than the pellet? I don’t think a silencer would make a huge difference?

I’ve got a .22lr and so on so I’m thinking it is probably best just having this running to the best of its abilities rather than switching to pcp so any recommendations would be appreciated!

Cheers!

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, all I would do is strip it down and fit a TBT tune kit, and maybe a new HW standard 77 spring, you can get slip on silencers, there's good reports on the piston seals from Australia ? Green I think, 

As above with the tbt kit , email him he’s very helpful 

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, all I would do is strip it down and fit a TBT tune kit, and maybe a new HW standard 77 spring, you can get slip on silencers, there's good reports on the piston seals from Australia ? Green I think, 

1 hour ago, sam triple said:

As above with the tbt kit , email him he’s very helpful 

Cheers guys! Haven’t heard of a tbt kit. Will need to look it/him up. What does it do exactly?

Are these rifles easy enough to strip and maintain? I’m happy to send it away for a service if there’s anyone decent recommended?

Clip on silencers are a new one as well so that’s helpful. I’ve spent too much time on rifles and shotguns so the airgun works has been fairly neglected to be honest!

Thanks again!

15 minutes ago, wildfowler.250 said:

Cheers guys! Haven’t heard of a tbt kit. Will need to look it/him up. What does it do exactly?

Are these rifles easy enough to strip and maintain? I’m happy to send it away for a service if there’s anyone decent recommended?

Clip on silencers are a new one as well so that’s helpful. I’ve spent too much time on rifles and shotguns so the airgun works has been fairly neglected to be honest!

Thanks again!

https://www.airrifletuning.com/product-category/tbt-tuning-kits/

13 hours ago, wildfowler.250 said:

Thanks again!

Hello, contact Nick for the TBT service kit, he will explain the strip down guide, or look on U tube, Slip over barrel silencers , there quite a few members on the UK AGF forum make them, saying this if it's working fine maybe just look at a slip on silencer, I gave Sam details of a chap who makes the MWSS , his own brand, Matt's email, heaven1077@me.com

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On 06/02/2022 at 19:08, sam triple said:
On 06/02/2022 at 19:08, sam triple said:

On 06/02/2022 at 19:11, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, contact Nick for the TBT service kit, he will explain the strip down guide, or look on U tube, Slip over barrel silencers , there quite a few members on the UK AGF forum make them, saying this if it's working fine maybe just look at a slip on silencer, I gave Sam details of a chap who makes the MWSS , his own brand, Matt's email, heaven1077@me.com

On 08/02/2022 at 17:06, villaman said:

Send it off to Paul short or Geoff bullock  it will come back a totally different gun and the do the trigger as well 

On 08/02/2022 at 18:08, old man said:

Maybe speak to Simon The Airgun Doctor in Cannock first, then decide?

Cheers guys, emailed tbt a few days ago but not heard anything back yet,(purely because it was the first name that came up). If not I’ll try the names suggested above. It was made in 2000 so could probably do with a wee freshen up.

Any opinion as to whether silencers on these underleavers are a waste of time or beneficial?

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/03/2022 at 18:49, adymorris said:

Depends on what you want to spend

TBT

VOrtek kits are now back in the uk via precision ballistics, regarded as one of the best out there 

independent tuners like shauny, nick Simmons and Paul short 

£50 to £300 range 

Hello, there's Blackmax to on the UK AGF 

my dads 87' 77k was tarted up with a tinbum tuning aka TBT kit for the 25mm cylinder version a year or two ago - its the rifle I grew up with and like you say it was probably 20 years old when we bought it. It made an already accurate gun very accurate indeed. This combined with a good clean as it had never had one barrel and everything and it improved accuracy, less twang etc. I wouldn't be too worried with a silencer your never going to remove the noise of the action and/or the pellet hitting its target so I wouldn't worry too much. If you want to be quiet thats what PCP's are for :) If you do take your gun apart just be careful of any preload in the spring !

• 4 weeks later...

You can buy the tbt tuning kits on eBay or online on his websites they are quite easy to work on the hw77 but you will more than likely need to cut some coils off the spring and redo the spring end. Where about are you as if you are near Wirral Merseyside/Cheshire I could help you out if you get stuck. It will make a big difference to the twang you normally hear as it quietens it down a lot. If you need any advice just message me and I will help all I can 

Another vote for tbt stuff. The 77 is easy to work on. Just check the power before and after.

I put a full tbt maxi Pro kit with a short stroke extension in my 97k (same internals) and it was running sweat as a nut at 14.6ftlbs...

Never took a gun to bits as quick.  Lol

Hello, reference the above post, seen this happen so often with people trying to tune spring air rifles, a TBT HW 77 tune kit with the standard HW 77 spring is a simple replacement job, changed many air rifle springs going back to when the local ironmonger sold air rifles, no tune kits then , oh and leather piston washers dipped in neatsfoot oil, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper