Belated Christmas present - Hatsan AT-44/10 Tactical.

Rockhamster

This is my latest PCP. Now before you all start kicking off because it's an Hatsan hang on a sec. Remember I didn't buy it with anybody's approval in mind other than my own. It appeals to me, I like the way it looks, etc. I also like the way it shoots. That said it's a modern PCP so it shoots the same as any of them. 

Its heavy. Never intended to be anything other than a range gun so that matters not one jot. The simple magazine system contains no ultra small springs wrapped in dubiously cheap plastic and appears to work faultlessly.

No it's not the latest FX or AirArms, nor is it regulated and the shot count is not in the millions - all the things so important to 'proper' airgun aficionados. Oddly I'm OK with that.

If anybody is interested, the trigger is good out the box. It is adjustable but I'm happy with it so far. It's actually very quite without a modulator, it is threaded to take one. The scope rail is a bit odd offering both 11mm dovetail AND weaver style fitment. Does work though and gives you options. The 'marmite' stock is obviously adjustable. There is a little lateral movement but not enough to be a major issue unless you make it one. Small section of rail underneath for a bipod and both sides for 'accessories'. The light grey grip panels are rubberised and feel very positive. 

Whilst nothing special this rifle will do what it's intended to do without fuss. Not kidding myself that is isn't built 'to a price' because it is. That also means I can relax and enjoy my shooting. That's far more important to me than 'likes' on social media. 

IMG_0277.JPG

Edited by Rockhamster

I actually  think it looks pretty good .

And adjustability  is always a good thing .

You seem to have your defenses well up ?

I spent a couple of hours plinking with my webley tempest yesterday .

Struggling to hit a tin can at 20 yds .but it was loads of fun all the same .we have different gun for different reasons .

Some times the most fun ones are the cheapest  (actually  virtually  always  the most fun ) .enjoy and get the best you can out of it .

Need to clarify a little I think. Having read through my own post it does come across as being a bit 'aggressive', apologies for that. Whilst it was not my out and out intention to do that, you may have a point.  

Having now had coffee I can continue. 

Only put about five, maybe six magazines through it due to the normal excuses, time, weather etc. It works just fine. I'm not a massive fan of auto safeties but it isn't a deal breaker. Being honest there is very little I'm not happy with. Since there release to market some corners have been cut. Pretty sure they used to supply a better bipod and the trigger blade was gold. The sling was also branded whilst the one included now is just plain black, perfectly usable however. 

The bipod shown fitted is not the one supplied. Again it's nothing special but it does what it needs to. 

I refuse to talk about 'accuracy'. It's a PCP so that should be a given. My pellet of choice are JSB 15.89gr. No problems. Also happy with the heavier H&N 18.13gr.

As the weather improves I shall hopefully put a lot more trigger time in. Any issues, good or bad, I'll report. For now I'm a happy bunnie.  

5 hours ago, Rockhamster said:

Need to clarify a little I think. Having read through my own post it does come across as being a bit 'aggressive', apologies for that. Whilst it was not my out and out intention to do that, you may have a point.  

Having now had coffee I can continue. 

Only put about five, maybe six magazines through it due to the normal excuses, time, weather etc. It works just fine. I'm not a massive fan of auto safeties but it isn't a deal breaker. Being honest there is very little I'm not happy with. Since there release to market some corners have been cut. Pretty sure they used to supply a better bipod and the trigger blade was gold. The sling was also branded whilst the one included now is just plain black, perfectly usable however. 

The bipod shown fitted is not the one supplied. Again it's nothing special but it does what it needs to. 

I refuse to talk about 'accuracy'. It's a PCP so that should be a given. My pellet of choice are JSB 15.89gr. No problems. Also happy with the heavier H&N 18.13gr.

As the weather improves I shall hopefully put a lot more trigger time in. Any issues, good or bad, I'll report. For now I'm a happy bunnie.  

A friend of mine has one of these, it’s the all black one with the adjustable cheek piece. He’s a pesty and uses it for work. I borrowed it for a few days and I thought it was very good at it’s price point. In fact, there’s nothing wrong with it at all. A little heavy maybe, but it’s accurate, nice to shoot and it’s probably taken more ferals than most peoples airguns ever will. I have a fair few so called top end airguns, but I’m no airgun snob and I’d happily own an AT44-10, they’re good guns.

• 1 month later...

Not posted for a while due to things way too boring to mention. However a quick update. 

Still not a massive shot count, probably six or seven mags only but all is good. The weather will improve and that should go up considerably. 

I'm still happy with my purchase. I don't regret it for a moment, which for me is rare. Have now got a moderator for it and have finally moved over to the dark side and invested in a dive tank. I'm content in my bit of PCP World. 

Seems happy with my standard JSB 15.89gr and H&N Barracuda 18's (sub12 remember) at my maximum 32 yards at least. I have some range time booked soon to stretch that out a little.  

Sounds good .absolutely  the most IMPORTANT   thing is do enjoy your self while shooting .(i cant say I've ever been unhappy when behind a trigger ).

I spent Sunday plinking and testing some new slugs , with my mate - 5  hours of setting up targets and shooting groups in the sunshine .it was lovely .

I'm currently enjoying a very well deserved cider in my garden watching the sun go down while knocking over a few tin cans with a pump up pistol . Bliss .

Enjoy  mate .