Runcam Scope Cam 2 4K

Pigrenok

Hello, everyone!

Has anyone used Runcam Scope Cam 2 4K (https://shop.runcam.com/runcam-scope-cam-2-4k/) on a shotgun?

I know, it is made for more target shooting (rifles, air rifles, airsoft), but I do not see why you cannot mount a small picatinni adaptor (they even offer such adaptor on their website).

Scope Cam 2 4K seems to be equal or better than ShotCam, e.g. it is the similar size, a bit lighter, has about the same field of view with 25 mm lens, it can record in higher resolution and higher fps than ShotCam, there is an app where you can see live/recorded video and control the camera etc. And it is more universal as you can take it off the shotgun and put it on (air) rifle and record different shooting effortlessly.

The only downside is that as far as I understand, it cannot be triggered automatically by recoil, but it has a kind of rat tail cable to trigger recording and it will record 15 seconds before and 10 seconds after you press the button (I am not sure how much time before/after ShotCam records on detecting recoil).

The problem is that Scope Cam is about 4 times cheaper than ShotCam.

I have not found any reviews about using this camera on shotgun rather than airsoft/air rifle/rifle.

So, any thoughts about and experience of using Scope Cam will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Yours,

Vitaly.