Diver bottle question

Snowblind

So I'm buying an FN12 Lighthunter in a month to replace my B2 <_<

I have a question about the bottle that I'll be getting with it though (trying to do as much research as possible).

How many shots can you shoot from an FN12 on one fill of air? Also I know that bottles will have differing values of volume as far as how much compressed air they can hold, but how many 'fills' of the gun would you think a 'standard sized' bottle would do?

Am I going to have to be making a trip to get the bottle filled up again every few hours of shooting? Or will a filled bottle last quite a while?

Where is the best place to look out for to get your bottle refilled?

Also, how do you know when the gun is filled?

Thanks for all the advice.

My Rapid MkII requires 220 bar to fill the 400cc buddy bottle and I should get around 15 fills from my 12.2 lt divers bottle which is charged @300 bar

not sure about your set up but go with the biggest diver bottle you can get at 300 bar not 220 as you will get more fills for your cash, if you are not sure about pressure please ask as it not only kills Rabbits the other side of the rifle!

So I'm buying an FN12 Lighthunter in a month to replace my B2 :lol:

I have a question about the bottle that I'll be getting with it though (trying to do as much research as possible).

How many shots can you shoot from an FN12 on one fill of air? Also I know that bottles will have differing values of volume as far as how much compressed air they can hold, but how many 'fills' of the gun would you think a 'standard sized' bottle would do?

Am I going to have to be making a trip to get the bottle filled up again every few hours of shooting? Or will a filled bottle last quite a while?

Where is the best place to look out for to get your bottle refilled?

Also, how do you know when the gun is filled?

Thanks for all the advice.

Now then mate,

Good choice of rifle, I used to have an FN12 - lovely gun.

My FN12 was a .22 and useed to get about 45 good quality full power shots out of it, obviously in .177 this would be slightly less.

As for how many fills you get out of a divers bottle, that depends not only on the size of the bottle, but also what pressure it is rated to. For example I have reasonable sized diving bottle and a mate of mine has a big fat heavy one - yet I get more fills from mine because it is rated to a higher pressure and can therefore have more air compressed into it.

I full divers bottle lasts me a few weeks, and I go out shooting at least 3 nights a week.

The best place to get your divers bottle filled is a scuba diving shop, as it needs to be filled with breathing air.

And finally, when you get your filling rig, you should have a filling gauge attached to your hose, so when you fill your rifle up - the gauge tells you what pressure it's at. I find it best to fill nice and steady rather than pumping the air in fast as you can sometimes get innacurate readings from the gauges etc.

I'd reccommend filling to about 180 bar for your FN12 as that what I used to fill to, but you'll get a set of instructions etc with it anyway.

Hope this helps and happy shooting :lol: