Beretta Gel stock pad

Gerry78

I recently bought a beretta gel pad for my wooden stock beretta Xcel 400 just to raise the stock for better sight alignment for clays wanted to ask forum has anyone ever used one It says it’s not a glue underside so it won’t mark the stock I haven’t put it on yet Any information would be appreciated 👍

I have.

It's not so much that it marks the stock, it's the glue is so low tack, that I find the pad comes off on a regular basis, presumably due to temperature/humidity swings taking the gun from a warmish, dry, cabinet to the outside.

Then, all manner of dust and goop sticks to it, and good luck getting it off subsequently.

Shame as it was the perfect height for my application

20 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I have.

It's not so much that it marks the stock, it's the glue is so low tack, that I find the pad comes off on a regular basis, presumably due to temperature/humidity swings taking the gun from a warmish, dry, cabinet to the outside.

Then, all manner of dust and goop sticks to it, and good luck getting it off subsequently.

Shame as it was the perfect height for my application

No worries thanks for the information I think il not put it on my gun now don’t want the stock ruined as it has a nice bit of wood on her 

1 minute ago, BlaserF3 said:

Why not alter the drop with the shims supplied with the gun?

Yes I was thinking that but I heard the beretta Xcel semi automatics it can be a pain to get the recoil pad off etc might give it a try 👍👍

1 hour ago, BlaserF3 said:

No ned to re-read the OP he wants to raise the comb, to do that you need too remove the butt pad to get to the shims in the stock.

Thanks Blaser I think all said and done il try removing the butt-pad Thanks for your advice Don’t think I’m gonna put that gel pad on bought it on a whim 👍

I have used a Beretta 'gel' comb raiser as a quick fix when giving instruction. It has been on and off various guns countless times, over the last 10 years. It has been used on both oiled and varnished stocks and has never marked any of them. It is losing some of its adhesion now, due to its age, but a bit of insulation tape wrapped around it soon sorts it.

1 hour ago, Gerry78 said:

Thanks Blaser I think all said and done il try removing the butt-pad Thanks for your advice Don’t think I’m gonna put that gel pad on bought it on a whim 👍

Every thing you need to know is on You tube, all that's needed is a philips screwdriver and a 13mm socket on an extension bar.