Choke/barrel markings

Diver One

All I know is from the markings on my Yildiz 410 which show five setting one dot to five dots and the one dot is full and the five open/skeet  with three stages in between. I assume the three equate to improved, half and 3/4.    It is going to be down to each manufacturer of course.  I would make a gues at ++ for 3/4 and ++++ as either improved or cylinder/skeet if there is not a five dot choke included.  If those markings are on the barrels not on choke tubes then I would again make a guess at improved and 3/4.

Logically as you cannot remove something you stamped into the metal (well, yes, I know that it can be done but let's put that aside) then as a choke is opened then another + or * is added. Having said that the gun may have been altered later here in the UK and I am not aware of anyone that does choke boring that actually stamps an extra mark. Best advice is pattern the gun or have it measured by a gunsmith.