Armsan A612 Synthetic - Stripping Down

Touchstone

Gents,

I have two Armsans.  The first is a minty second hand one and the second was bought new last summer.  I have found that stripping both guns down to clean them is invariably a bit of a battle.  The barrels are very tight to remove from and replace into the action.  Have any of you experienced the same or does this ease up with time and wear?

My limited experience with other autos (Berettas) is that the barrels slide in and out of the action very easily.

38 minutes ago, Touchstone said:

Gents,

I have two Armsans.  The first is a minty second hand one and the second was bought new last summer.  I have found that stripping both guns down to clean them is invariably a bit of a battle.  The barrels are very tight to remove from and replace into the action.  Have any of you experienced the same or does this ease up with time and wear?

My limited experience with other autos (Berettas) is that the barrels slide in and out of the action very easily.

The answer is a relatively easy one get another beretta 😜

On 12/02/2022 at 13:15, adzyvilla said:

Yeah, mine is a little tight but not overly much. It is starting to get a little easier now its had 10000 or more cartridges through it....

I'd rather it was tight than loose... said the actress to the Bishop.

Thankyou for your reply.  I've no idea how much work my secondhand gun has done but I suspect no where near 10,000 cartridges and my new one has yet to do a slab.  They are brilliant tools excepting these seemingly tight tolerances that I think would be better if they were a bit looser.

T

21 hours ago, wigeon jim said:

Are you working the bolt when fitting the barrel? I find when taking the barrel off slowly let the bolt slid forward while pulling the barrel, replacing the barrel slowly pull the bolt back as the barrel slides into place, great guns!

Thanks Jim.  I think that's the procedure that I generally use although a bit of jiggery pokery with no particular method also comes into play a bit.

I have heard of some Armsans locking up completely with the barrel becoming stuck hence the reason for this post really.

T

On 14/02/2022 at 16:51, Targetbreaker said:

Hi, they are a little tight and takes a knack - make sure it is clean and has a light oil on the side outerside of the barrel sleeve, and hold in your hip with the action half open and gently pull twist the barrel in. Should slip in a treat....!

Thanks TB, that's pretty much the same technique that I use by the sounds of it excepting the lube.  I'll give it a go next time.

T