Brook v Khan

Gordon R

Albeit about 10 years past their prime, I hope it is a good fight. I would like to see Kell silence the Bolton braggart.

I think Kell will KO the glassed jawed quitter and then retire. Whatever the outcome, I wouldn't want either to continue and take more damage than they can afford.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon 6 or 7 yr's late, but it has simmered nicely and has reached boiling point with a lot of hate and animosity built up towards each other, especially from the Brook side.

For me,either Khan will put a clinic on Brook over the 12 rounds with blistering handspeed and combinations and win unanimously on the scorecards (albeit with a few hairy moments along the way) Brook will want a tear up and will be hoping on Khan tiring in the mid to late rounds. Khan would be foolish trying to bang with Brook as that will almost certainly end with Khan becoming unstuck. That said Brook might get disheartened and give up again or possibly Ingle will have to throw in the towel to save his man from taking too much punishment.

Brook has metal in his eye sockets and no doubt Khan could be doing with some of that in his chin, as Brook has good timing and can bang a bit. Khan ain't no Golovkin and Brook ain't no Canelo, so I don't think we can judge them too much based on both them fights.

A lot saying it is too late, but the interest is massive and it is much more appealing than the Eubank Jnr v Liam William's grudge match IMO.

I haven't looked at the odds but would  imagine Khan is favourite. I hope Brook wins.

From the interview that Sky keep showing. It sounds like Khan has has made a lot of demands to get the fight on.

Which Brook has obviously agreed to. As said a fifty fifty split purse would be good but I doubt that is on the table.

Saw a recent workout video of Khan & he still has good hand speed. I think Brook may well be able to time that KO shot on Khan, but from the recent Gloves are off episode it appears Brook may well of let his emotions get the better of him. Will definitely watch though even though they are both past their primes.

Having just watched the weigh in, one thing was clear, Brook started to hydrate immediately after getting off the scales and continued to do so for the remaining footage(roughly 5 mins). I hope the weight cut doesn't rob either of them the ability to come into the ring as fresh and healthy as can be.

5 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

It is Box Office I'm afraid, so £20 to watch. They're probably hoping for a better showing than Kahn's Box office debut - a 53 second canvas splat for 

I always check the news updates or watch the highlights the next day on YouTube suppose it makes sense both fighters going for highest purse broadcaster bidder it is basically a final retirement fight hope it ends clearly in a points win or a knockout I dont want it be a over hyped 10 year to late grudge match part 2 drag it out again type set up

18 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I don't really follow boxing ( but I do like to watch now and again) . Do boxers get tested to see if any kind of damage is being done , or , is it too late by the time damage appears?.

I believe they have to go for brain scans etc every three years or at there own discretion personally I think it should pre & post fight. Jamie Moore had his career cut short due to a brain scan showing some sort of change. Gerald mcclellan also suthered life changing damage after the nigel benn fight. Very dangerous sport  

2 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

I believe they have to go for brain scans etc every three years or at there own discretion personally I think it should pre & post fight. Jamie Moore had his career cut short due to a brain scan showing some sort of change. Gerald mcclellan also suthered life changing damage after the nigel benn fight. Very dangerous sport  

Thankyou for the info . As you said , more often would probably be better . Boxers at that level certainly take some pretty hard hits.

11 hours ago, redial said:

Radio five live for me.

As an exciting way as any to enjoy a boxing match if you have a good comentator.I used to love listening to the big fights on the radio when I had no other access to enjoy them, and to then look forward to seeing the photographs in the paper the following day.

First thing I thought off when I awoke this morning. Khan v Brook is happening tonight. I don't think a draw is out of the question but I'd rather see a definitive winner (who ever it may be).

26 minutes ago, SuperGoose75 said:

As an exciting way as any to enjoy a boxing match if you have a good comentator.I used to love listening to the big fights on the radio when I had no other access to enjoy them, and to then look forward to seeing the photographs in the paper the following day.

First thing I thought off when I awoke this morning. Khan v Brook is happening tonight. I don't think a draw is out of the question but I'd rather see a definitive winner (who ever it may be).

Oh please no! We've had to suffer this will they, won't they nonsense for long enough. One fight, winner takes all, no rematch clause and bed time for both bunnies after the fight. This horse has been dead for so long it's already in the dog meat can (or Tesco lasagne) for it to be flogged any more.

As an exciting way as any to enjoy a boxing match if you have a good comentator.I used to love listening to the big fights on the radio

I loved the radio commentaries, until the fight between Chris Finnegan and Bob Foster - World Light Heavyweight Championship. The commentator said Finnegan knocked Foster down in the fifth and got quite excited about it. Sadly, the subsequent television coverage showed that it never happened.

13 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

I always check the news updates or watch the highlights the next day on YouTube suppose it makes sense both fighters going for highest purse broadcaster bidder it is basically a final retirement fight hope it ends clearly in a points win or a knockout I dont want it be a over hyped 10 year to late grudge match part 2 drag it out again type set up

Shame its on ppv I think the fight would have done really well on itv.

It might have been a  long time coming but like others have said hopefully it's settled and both retire afterwards.