Brook v Khan

Gordon R

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SuperGoose75 said:

Ingle up to his old tricks by not using contracted gloves. (Made to change them in the ring)Have to say Khan looks to be feeling the pressure more. Brook looks relaxed.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure Khan's heart is in it any more. I get the sense the animosity between the two of them is the only thing getting him going. Brook's a street fighter and once a street fighter, always a street fighter. He seems much more comfortable in the stage now, because I think he wants to be there.

4 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure Khan's heart is in it any more. I get the sense the animosity between the two of them is the only thing getting him going. Brook's a street fighter and once a street fighter, always a street fighter. He seems much more comfortable in the stage now, because I think he wants to be there.

Have to agree

Just now, Mice! said:

Wow, must have been very dominant for the ref to step in.

When Brook unloaded, Khan had no answer. He'd look comfortable enough for half/two thirds of a round, but when Brook launched it was far too much. For a man who's been out for over a year, his timing was impeccable. 

Every round the same until the sixth, when Brook unloaded at the beginning, not the end.

Satisfying. Really, really satisfying

Excellent fight. 

They both went in with something to prove and at least early on there was always the chance that Khan might land something to turn it around, but Brook just overwhelmed him in the end.  Great to see the genuine respect afterward - they came together several times and posed for pictures together.  I think winner and loser can both walk away from this with respect.

5 minutes ago, serrac said:

Excellent fight. 

They both went in with something to prove and at least early on there was always the chance that Khan might land something to turn it around, but Brook just overwhelmed him in the end.  Great to see the genuine respect afterward - they came together several times and posed for pictures together.  I think winner and loser can both walk away from this with respect.

All Khan proved is what most thought, he always was overrated.  

1 hour ago, SuperGoose75 said:

Have to agree

It sounds like we were on to something. Khan's comments post-fight:

"I'm very upset. I did all the training we had to do, I just could not get it going and feeling a little bit short.

"Kell Brook did everything he needed to, put in a great performance and was the best man tonight. I was catching him with a few good shots but it's my own fault. I had a great training camp, I just could not get going.

"Kell was on his 'A' game and a lot of respect goes out to him and to the fans - 90% in there for me. I want to apologise to them, it didn't go my way.

"Forty fights is a lot of fights, winning two world titles, going to America, I need to sit down with my family but I think it's more towards the end of my career.

"That love of the sport is not there anymore. When I was in the ring [before] I had that excitement but I didn't have it. I felt quite flat and maybe that's a sign I should be calling it a day."

I expect Khan to immediately retire. He should never have taken the fight, as he soaked up a lot of punishment, which he could ill afford. He had fast hands and decent movement, but Willie Limond first exposed his glass jaw, which haunted him throughout a decent career - Prescott, Crawford, Garcia, Gomez, Diaz, Vargas also flooring Khan.

I honestly hope that Brook also retires. Talk of fighting Eubank is asking for a sad end to a great career. 

Brook has always been the more genuine person and for once, the nice guy won.

28 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

honestly hope that Brook also retires. Talk of fighting Eubank is asking for a sad end to a great career. 

Brook has always been the more genuine person and for once, the nice guy won.

The problem is he won convincingly and will fancy another payday,  but I hope your right.

I couldn't believe Eubank was 32, I thought he was ten years younger than Brook and Khan.

32 minutes ago, Hicky said:

Eubank should be looking at BJS rematch then Andrade then Canelo….IF he manages to jump through them hoops rather than calling out a fighter who is naturally well below his weight. Spanks of chasing easy money and zero kudos the *****.

That seems to be the way boxing has gone in the last few years all these daft youtube & mma fighters and exhibition fights ruining it & then there is all this catch weight rubbish. There trying to make eubank vs connor benn at a catch weight of 154lb. All about money 

14 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

That seems to be the way boxing has gone in the last few years all these daft youtube & mma fighters and exhibition fights ruining it & then there is all this catch weight rubbish. There trying to make eubank vs connor benn at a catch weight of 154lb. All about money 

Aimed at the never happened 3rd Benn/Eubank fight. Connor should walk his own path and not give it the time of day. 🙄