Servicing semi-autos?

wildfowler.250

Hi guys, looking for some advice if possible please?

Is there anyone at GMK or similar that services browning/beretta autos?

Hold my hands up and say that I,(nearly) always use a demo video to strip the guns. Did the xtrema 2 in a rush and jammed it,(know where I went wrong now..). I’ve also got a browning maxus that could use a new trigger spring. About 1 in 30-40 it doesn’t hit the primer hard enough.

I could put them both into the gun smith at the end of the season. But is there someone that you can RFD to back at source that will do a full strip and clean? I’d be more inclined to send it back to square 1 if possible so that if there are any parts that could use a freshen up they might have them in stock.

Currently I’ve got the maxus to keep me going and the season is essentially done so happy to post away if there’s anywhere recommend?

Cheers!

Edited by wildfowler.250

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

Can’t help on this.

I usually use Google and do the work myself … it’s kept many a hard used semi going over the years.

There aren’t many problems that you can’t find good help with online.

Cheers! Yeah I don’t mind doing the odd servicing and you can get a lot on YouTube. Just surprised not more folk don’t send the guns away for a service now and again.

3 hours ago, HantsRob said:

There are loads of gunsmiths around the country. Why would you not trust one of them to do the work?

Surely if I sent it to GMK they’ll have a gunsmith as well? I know one gunsmith locally that’s very good. It’s more that if the gun has been out of production for a number of years, sending it to GMK or whoever does the beretta services are more likely to have any spare parts of required.

31 minutes ago, Sweet11-87 said:

a strip, clean and new trigger spring is a very basic task,  id be very suprised if any RFD would manage to make a mess of a simple service like that mate. pretty much the trades bread and butter. just take it to whatever is most local, if youre not comftable doing it yourself.

Yeah hopefully that should be an easy fix on the maxus. Happy to strip and clean them but the gunsmiths can faff with the springs!

The xtrema2 has a few things besides a clean that I could do with them having a look at. I’ll probably put it into my local dealer and they can always forward it on if it’s complicated.

If the part is available to GMK, it's available to everyone else. That's the thing about the spares business, people want to make money!

A good gunsmith can make a part from another gun if required. GMK will cost more with RFD transfer etc, trust your local gunny. Ask them if it's in their wheelhouse and if necessary ask for assurance that payment is on fixing. They'll find a way :)