FAC Bullpup’s……are they any good?

Westley78

But you can’t shoot up into  trees , barns   , close to house, field with horses in list goes on and on 

Yes every gun has it use , but a decent FAC air .22 will cover everything from 20-130+ yards using a mixture of different weights of pellets & slugs .

like I said I also have 17 HMR, .22lr

20 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

They vary, some are around 35ft lbs up to around 70-80ft lbs. I currently have some s&b .22 shorts that run at the lower end and are ok in my anschutz up to about 30 yards accuracy wise. The rws shorts I was using previously were faster at around 900fps if I remember correctly and they shot about an inch at fifty yards. Like most rimfire ammo, they’ll work better in some rifles than others. High velocity shorts are available as well, might be hard to come by though these days.

Hello, do you mean RWS Z Lang's ?

13 minutes ago, Rimfireboy said:

No, rws shorts. I do use z langs, they run at around 47ft lbs. RWS .22 shorts are nearer 60ft lbs (I have chrono’d them but can’t remember exactly) The z langs are slower but slightly more accurate in my .22 bolt gun.

Hello, thanks, I will look at the shorts, 👍 I keep looking at FAC air rifles 🤔

On 15/02/2022 at 11:08, Rimfireboy said:

Fac air is better, but it’s handy to have some low energy rimfire ammo anyway. I’ve got these at the moment.

96E5861D-66E1-41BF-98E8-E06F8F3543F5.jpeg

DB7BDB52-4B35-4350-A140-69E50FFB60D2.jpeg

Have you tried them yet? I’ve tried alsorts of downloaded.22 rimfire over the years and although it appears a good solution on paper, none have them have been minute of barn door and so effectively absolutely useless for me.

Edited by BinaryB

15 hours ago, BinaryB said:

Have you tried them yet? I’ve tried alsorts of downloaded.22 rimfire over the years and although it appears a good solution on paper, none have them have been minute of barn door and so effectively absolutely useless for me.

I’ve been using them for years. I don’t use many cb caps, they’re accurate to ten yards and usable up to fifteen in my short barrelled anschutz. The s&b shorts are accurate out to thirty yards and I’ve used them for squirrels, rats and rabbits to good effect out to that distance. I know they’re not good in some rifles, maybe it’s the tight chamber in the anschutz that suits them more? Obviously I wouldn’t use them in my semi auto .22, the rws shorts are faster and more accurate but at fifty yards even these are at 1:1/2 inches so forty yards for those in the right rifle. As you say, some rifles just won’t get on with them at all.

• 1 year later...