Pard, NV 007V, 12mm, 1x, 850

wymberley

I think I need help, please, in this all new ballpark for me. Is there any reason why I should not buy the Subject add on?

It's mainly for use with 12ftlb c40 yards max hence the 12mm (wide angle) and 1x (my scopes are 5 and 6x min) so is my thinking correct, but also if possible with a 22 WMR out to 125 yards max? If it proves necessary, I already have an external IR illuminator.

All advice welcomed.

29 minutes ago, wymberley said:

I think I need help, please, in this all new ballpark for me. Is there any reason why I should not buy the Subject add on?

It's mainly for use with 12ftlb c40 yards max hence the 12mm (wide angle) and 1x (my scopes are 5 and 6x min) so is my thinking correct, but also if possible with a 22 WMR out to 125 yards max? If it proves necessary, I already have an external IR illuminator.

All advice welcomed.

Excellent piece of kit. You are better using a side parallex adjustable scope ( easier to use than front ) i use mine on air rifle .17hmr .222 and 6.5x55 with no change of poi or messing around with settings can 100% id further than i would shoot . Any further help just ask good luck and enjoy 👍

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, you better going 16 mm, what scope/scopes will you be using, why a Pard ? there are some very good clone 007 ad ons 

Lead to believe that the 12mm has a better wide angle for short range improving target acquisition. Hawke scopes and don't really want to buy any more because of infrequent use for this. Don't know about clones - took me long enough to plough through the Pards to come up with the spec' that I think I might need. Many thanks.

10 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Lead to believe that the 12mm has a better wide angle for short range improving target acquisition. Hawke scopes and don't really want to buy any more because of infrequent use for this. Don't know about clones - took me long enough to plough through the Pards to come up with the spec' that I think I might need. Many thanks.

Hello, yes the 12 mm has a wider viewing screen and should be ok to 150 yards, AO or Side focus scopes work best on low magnification, if your only use now and again the one leaf ad on is nearly on par with the 007 and has good reviews, what I/R torch do you have, ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

3 minutes ago, 6.5x55SE said:

Excellent piece of kit. You are better using a side parallex adjustable scope ( easier to use than front ) i use mine on air rifle .17hmr .222 and 6.5x55 with no change of poi or messing around with settings can 100% id further than i would shoot . Any further help just ask good luck and enjoy 👍

Many thanks indeed. Yep, all scopes side parallex. Use on the CF would be a bonus - although I could be regretting shortening the Hornet stock which was really too long for the conventional scope set up - using S&B on this so do the add ons work with FFP scopes.

Thanks again, OPP.

1 minute ago, wymberley said:

Many thanks indeed. Yep, all scopes side parallex. Use on the CF would be a bonus - although I could be regretting shortening the Hornet stock which was really too long for the conventional scope set up - using S&B on this so do the add ons work with FFP scopes.

Thanks again, OPP.

Hello, I use a rubber stock extender on my CZ455 due to the extra length eye relief, my friend has the 007 on his 22.250 and like 6.5x 55 member stated it can see further than most shooting ranges with the right I/R torch, good flat top 18650 batteries help to, 

32 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, yes the 12 mm has a wider viewing screen and should be ok to 150 yards, AO or Side focus scopes work best on low magnification, if your only use now and again the one leaf ad on is nearly on par with the 007 and has good reviews, what I/R torch do you have, ?

32 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

what I/R torch do you have, ?

Edited 5 minutes ago by oldypigeonpopper

Various between NM400IR and XSearcher

Edited by wymberley

Hi Mate, Iv'e used the Pard 007 on my .243 for two years now, no problems at all. Mine is the 16 mm though, you won't need added IR at the range you want to push out too, mines good to 200+ with the on board just make sure its pulled out. tighter beam but longer distance.

Scope wise ,the least mag you can get, I had a 6.5 Hawke sidewinder on mine and it was to much mag, may be different on 12mm though. I also have the 008lrf on the triple and again no problems, give us a shout if I can help anymore. 

As an aside:- Just been given a Parker Hale .270 for use on my mate's farm on the isle of Mull. Happy days on the reds that get in his tree planting I hope.

Edited by tonker

3 hours ago, tonker said:

Hi Mate, Iv'e used the Pard 007 on my .243 for two years now, no problems at all. Mine is the 16 mm though, you won't need added IR at the range you want to push out too, mines good to 200+ with the on board just make sure its pulled out. tighter beam but longer distance.

Scope wise ,the least mag you can get, I had a 6.5 Hawke sidewinder on mine and it was to much mag, may be different on 12mm though. I also have the 008lrf on the triple and again no problems, give us a shout if I can help anymore. 

As an aside:- Just been given a Parker Hale .270 for use on my mate's farm on the isle of Mull. Happy days on the reds that get in his tree planting I hope.

Howdy,

That's a stroke of luck with the 270. Enjoy.

Re the magnification, I should be OK with the S&B on the Hornet if I decide to use the Pard there - no problems without it though. The Airmax on the BSA R-10 could be a problem - have to suck it and see - but with the rail on the rifle, I could get a smaller scope and dedicate it to the Pard and mount it all further forward to suit which may not be a bad idea anyway.

One final question though as I haven't a clue. My old eyes aren't so good now and I do need to screw the ocular lens out somewhat to focus the reticle. This could introduce some 'wobble' to a greater or lesser degree. Can you tighten this lens up and is this adjustment then taken over by the ocular focus on the Pard?

Please sing out and tell how you got on on your first visit to Mull.

I have the pard 12mm and have no issues to 150 -200 yards on my .223 .

I asked for a 16mm and never looked at it until a month later but I thought I’ll just use it anyway and I’m well chuffed .

it’s on my howa which I’ve always struggled to mount my scope back enough. No problem now 😂

Edited by team tractor

6 hours ago, wymberley said:

Howdy,

That's a stroke of luck with the 270. Enjoy.

Re the magnification, I should be OK with the S&B on the Hornet if I decide to use the Pard there - no problems without it though. The Airmax on the BSA R-10 could be a problem - have to suck it and see - but with the rail on the rifle, I could get a smaller scope and dedicate it to the Pard and mount it all further forward to suit which may not be a bad idea anyway.

One final question though as I haven't a clue. My old eyes aren't so good now and I do need to screw the ocular lens out somewhat to focus the reticle. This could introduce some 'wobble' to a greater or lesser degree. Can you tighten this lens up and is this adjustment then taken over by the ocular focus on the Pard?

Please sing out and tell how you got on on your first visit to Mull.

Hi P, hope your'e doing ok. You'll have no problem, as you just have your scope as you normally have it then put the adaptor on attach Pard then focus ocular on the pard. Then bring into focus using the wheel on the bottom of the Pard, You can then focus on your target with the side parallax. You then have the zoom on scope if needed and the digital on the pard so your eyes wont matter to much lol. Play with it mate it's a good bit of Kit. Knowing you you'll get it working fine ATB Steve

11 hours ago, tonker said:

Hi P, hope your'e doing ok. You'll have no problem, as you just have your scope as you normally have it then put the adaptor on attach Pard then focus ocular on the pard. Then bring into focus using the wheel on the bottom of the Pard, You can then focus on your target with the side parallax. You then have the zoom on scope if needed and the digital on the pard so your eyes wont matter to much lol. Play with it mate it's a good bit of Kit. Knowing you you'll get it working fine ATB Steve

Many thanks, Mate. We'll see about the Pard as I've just ordered one from Paignton. Don't forget the Skin So Soft when going up for the stags. :mad: Cheers, Phil.

Thanks, All. I can't be precise as I haven't checked this out in a shooting environment, but suffice to say it's looking just as everyone has said as far as I can tell from my garden on to the neighbourhood. One point though, they don't seem to like FFP scopes - namely the S&B Precision Hunter. However, I'm learning and this was the first scope that I tried and will try it again as it seems the Pard reticule adjustment is dependent on how the scope eye piece/reticule is focused.

33 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Thanks, All. I can't be precise as I haven't checked this out in a shooting environment, but suffice to say it's looking just as everyone has said as far as I can tell from my garden on to the neighbourhood. One point though, they don't seem to like FFP scopes - namely the S&B Precision Hunter. However, I'm learning and this was the first scope that I tried and will try it again as it seems the Pard reticule adjustment is dependent on how the scope eye piece/reticule is focused.

I've learned. All is well. I wound the scope eye piece all the way in and and with the Pard adjustment mid range ish the reticule is as clear as a bell. With the scope eye piece too far out, then the Pard adjustment range will not cope and all you get is a shadow of a blurred reticule on my scope.

Good bits of kit which  I’ve managed to get working with most types of scope. Some aren’t great but all usable even without adjustable parallax. The only downside for me is the weight off a scope, add on and extra ir,thinking of going for a pard 008 on the 243 but the 007 has been so good, I’m hesitant.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't recommend the 16mm pard, it has a base mag of 4. Put it on a scope with a base mag of 6 and you have 24 x !!

I had mine mounted on my Optisan 6-24 atop of a .17 hmr, at 70 / 80 yds your field of view was about A4 size. 

Unless your shooting 100 yds plus with a low mag scope I'd stay clear of the 16mm one.

12mm lens lets you see all of the scope ocular and dont affect the magnification of the scope.
The benefit is for short range and need to keep the field of view as wide as possible to make it easy to pick up the target. / shooting rats
A 16mm lens on the shows part of the scope ocular and reduces field of view. + it multiplies scope magnification by 1.7.
This is good For longer range shooting , but not to good for short range ratting shooting.

Edited by ant.mass

4 hours ago, Alba said:

I can't recommend the 16mm pard, it has a base mag of 4. Put it on a scope with a base mag of 6 and you have 24 x !!

This isnt correct, the base mag , as ant.mass says is around 1.7x, a 12 mm lens one is 1.2 x

The 4x was on the advertising blurb, a misprint or something.