Ottawa police chief resigns

peck

57 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Don't waste the opportunity to get in your antivaccine rubbish, from the usual conspiracy sites. 

Why mRNA vaccines aren't gene therapies

•  

OK is the FDA creditable enough for you?

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/cellular-gene-therapy-products/what-gene-therapy

There are a variety of types of gene therapy products, including:

• Plasmid DNA: Circular DNA molecules can be genetically engineered to carry therapeutic genes into human cells.
  • Viral vectors: Viruses have a natural ability to deliver genetic material into cells, and therefore some gene therapy products are derived from viruses. Once viruses have been modified to remove their ability to cause infectious disease, these modified viruses can be used as vectors (vehicles) to carry therapeutic genes into human cells.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, serrac said:

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/cellular-gene-therapy-products/what-gene-therapy

• Plasmid DNA: Circular DNA molecules can be genetically engineered to carry therapeutic genes into human cells.
  • Viral vectors: Viruses have a natural ability to deliver genetic material into cells, and therefore some gene therapy products are derived from viruses. Once viruses have been modified to remove their ability to cause infectious disease, these modified viruses can be used as vectors (vehicles) to carry therapeutic genes into human cells.

Stefan Oelrich, president of Bayer’s pharmaceuticals division:

“We are really taking that leap [to drive innovation] – us as a company, Bayer – in cell and gene therapies … ultimately the mRNA vaccines are an example for that cell and gene therapy, Oelrich said.

“I always like to say: if we had surveyed two years ago in the public – ‘would you be willing to take a gene or cell therapy and inject it into your body?’ – we probably would have had a 95% refusal rate.”

~08:40

24 minutes ago, serrac said:

Chance That COVID-19 Vaccines Are Gene Therapy? 'Zero'

Fact Check-mRNA vaccines are distinct from gene therapy

Pfizer-BioNTech And Moderna mRNA Vaccines Are Not Gene ...

Quote The mRNA from the vaccines does not enter the cell nucleus or interact with the DNA at all, so it does not constitute gene therapy. Gene therapies can have long-lasting effects because they permanently change the cell's DNA, with these changes being inherited by any daughter cells that result if the cell divide.

Edited by ordnance

Well it seems the definition of gene therapy is fluid enough that we can both consider ourselves correct,

The assertion that "the mRNA from the vaccines does not enter the cell nucleus or interact with the DNA at all"  is also questionable - in the presence of reverse-transcriptase it is entirely possible that the mRNA could do so, albeit accidentally rather than as an intended mechanism of action.

"Reverse-transcribed SARS-CoV-2 RNA can integrate into the genome of cultured human cells and can be expressed in patient-derived tissues"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8166107/

9 minutes ago, serrac said:

Well it seems the definition of gene therapy is fluid enough that we can both consider ourselves correct,

The assertion that "the mRNA from the vaccines does not enter the cell nucleus or interact with the DNA at all"  is also questionable - in the presence of reverse-transcriptase it is entirely possible that the mRNA could do so, albeit accidentally rather than as an intended mechanism of action.

"Reverse-transcribed SARS-CoV-2 RNA can integrate into the genome of cultured human cells and can be expressed in patient-derived tissues"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8166107/

Its getting off topic, there is a coronavirus section 

The post was more about the Canadian police and authorities handling of the truckers illegal protest, not why they were protesting. 

Edited by ordnance

2 hours ago, ordnance said:

"are threatened with losing your children, your home and your livelihood because you protested for the return of what you saw as your basic inalienable human rights.

Its not because they are protesting, its because of their illegal actions."

Very well dissected IMO.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

Very well dissected IMO.

Here’s one for you on the subject of breaking rules and the law.

A 78 year old great grandfather honked his horn in support of the truck protest and was dragged out of his car, cuffed and carted off to a police station.

There’s some interesting footage of the arrest and subsequent bruising he sustained (and notwithstanding that he didn’t resist at all - indeed he’s a 78 year old being manhandled by 2 policeman a third of his age and more than twice his size).

But this is all ok and to be encouraged, after all rules are rules right?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ottowa-canada-trucker-protest-freedom-b2011153.html?amp

Edited by Mungler

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

Here’s one for you on the subject of breaking rules and the law.

A 78 year old great grandfather honked his horn in support of the truck protest and was dragged out of his car, cuffed and carted off to a police station.

There’s some interesting footage of the arrest and subsequent bruising he sustained (and notwithstanding that he didn’t resist at all - indeed he’s a 78 year old being manhandled by 2 policeman a third of his age and more than twice his size).

But this is all ok and to be encouraged, after all rules are rules right?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ottowa-canada-trucker-protest-freedom-b2011153.html?amp

I read the bits you left out lol: The honking of horns had been banned - and he refused to give his identity. 

But its OK by the press for the truckers to break the rules right?

The ones who took the vaccine has done what they can to minimize the spread of the disease and minimize the impact on society. If they end up in the hospital it is no fault of their own.

People that don't get the shots and disregard isolation etc without medical reasons are a completely other matter.

If it comes to prioritizing resources I would have no problem letting the vaccinated go before the parasites.

/M

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I read the bits you left out lol: The honking of horns had been banned - and he refused to give his identity. 

But its OK by the press for the truckers to break the rules right?

I posted the link to the whole article. The words at the start were my own.

You are not thinking any of this through and you are ultra focused on the rule.

But no you’re right. Honking horns had been made illegal as part of the martial law package ushered in. And rules are rules right, and we all should want to live and feel safer in a place where people can be arrested for honking their horn.

A 78 year old great grandfather who honked his horn might have a reasonable belief that he should not be stopped and not be required to give his name or be detained *because he honked his horn*.

Ah nothing says I’m living free and safe quite like a 78 year old great grandfather being dragged out his car and cuffed - we need more laws, rules and prisons to clamp down on criminals and criminal behaviour quite like that 😆

4 hours ago, Nuke said:

The ones who took the vaccine has done what they can to minimize the spread of the disease and minimize the impact on society. If they end up in the hospital it is no fault of their own.

Per the data I posted above those who took the vaccine have done nothing to minimize the spread of the disease but rather  have exacerbated the problem.

People that don't get the shots and disregard isolation etc without medical reasons are a completely other matter.

If it comes to prioritizing resources I would have no problem letting the vaccinated go before the parasites.

By the same logic medical access should be rationed to the idiots now suffering from blood clots and peri/myocarditis etc due to stupidly taking an experimental medical procedure (nod to Ordnance there 😘) without exercising due-diligence in respect of informed consent?

/M

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

I posted the link to the whole article. The words at the start were my own.

You are not thinking any of this through and you are ultra focused on the rule.

But no you’re right. Honking horns had been made illegal as part of the martial law package ushered in. And rules are rules right, and we all should want to live and feel safer in a place where people can be arrested for honking their horn.

A 78 year old great grandfather who honked his horn might have a reasonable belief that he should not be stopped and not be required to give his name or be detained *because he honked his horn*.

Ah nothing says I’m living free and safe quite like a 78 year old great grandfather being dragged out his car and cuffed - we need more laws, rules and prisons to clamp down on criminals and criminal behaviour quite like that 😆

We're seeing the issue through different eyes is all. Rules are rules right? It was organised horn honking in encouragement law breaking mobsters. The protesters aren't being broken up for protesting - but for shutting down a city. Their supporters are one side of a two tier almost 50/50% political system, similar to ours IMO.

Yes indeed, 'rules' are we don't screw up a cities freedoms of movement on a mandate to oust local or national government (presumably voted for) and stuff all the other inhabitants on the other side of that divide but that's alright yea? Emergency measure are - in my opinion - being deployed as a means of obtaining greater powers, stopping short of extreme martial law, to clear the street of those who strecth the law too far in the knowledge that authorities usually won't come down too hard on them, exploiting a weakness to tackle very difficult actions.

That rebellion is being treated better in Canada than it would be in some other countries. The likes of them, ER, Insulate, and to a more riotous extreme BLM are political movements attempting to subvert voted in governments rule of common law and decency, not unlike the miners flying pickets winter of discontent.

The protesters although non violent are still holding the city to ransom and no government can allow that to continue - lets not forget the protesters have been at it for weeks now - it has to be stopped.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

We're seeing the issue through different eyes is all. Rules are rules right? It was organised horn honking in encouragement law breaking mobsters. The protesters aren't being broken up for protesting - but for shutting down a city. Their supporters are one side of a two tier almost 50/50% political system, similar to ours IMO.

Yes indeed, 'rules' are we don't screw up a cities freedoms of movement on a mandate to oust local or national government (presumably voted for) and stuff all the other inhabitants on the other side of that divide but that's alright yea? Emergency measure are - in my opinion - being deployed as a means of obtaining greater powers, stopping short of extreme martial law, to clear the street of those who strecth the law too far in the knowledge that authorities usually won't come down too hard on them, exploiting a weakness to tackle very difficult actions.

That rebellion is being treated better in Canada than it would be in some other countries. The likes of them, ER, Insulate, and to a more riotous extreme BLM are political movements attempting to subvert voted in governments rule of common law and decency, not unlike the miners flying pickets winter of discontent.

The protesters although non violent are still holding the city to ransom and no government can allow that to continue - lets not forget the protesters have been at it for weeks now - it has to be stopped.

Errrr he honked his horn.

He didn't park up a truck or a block a road.

You are conflating a great grandfather's support of a protesting group by honking his car horn with the actual protesting group's actions.

39 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

Is there any good reason why their prime minister has refused right form the start to actually meet with them and talk over the points they are making and want him to consider?

???

No, that would be way too sensible and possibly democratic.

Edited by Mungler

5 hours ago, Pushkin said:

Is there any good reason why their prime minister has refused right form the start to actually meet with them and talk over the points they are making and want him to consider?

???

Dictators don't have to bother with stuff like that..

Never thought I'd share something from a leftist feminist like Naomi Wolf but I'll be watching with interest to see how many more of her predictions become reality in the weeks ahead.

https://naomiwolf.substack.com/p/the-fall-of-canada-the-danger-in?utm_source=url

So, the trucker protest ends, yet Trudeau extends his emergency powers. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/22/canada-extends-emergency-powers-after-trucker-blockades-ended

As we relax all restrictions and get back to normal, Canada extends Marshall law. Seriously, what on earth? 

The Tories should be underlining that that’s what you would have got with a crackpot ultra lefty left at the wheel.

On 23/02/2022 at 08:19, Mungler said:

So, the trucker protest ends, yet Trudeau extends his emergency powers. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/22/canada-extends-emergency-powers-after-trucker-blockades-ended

As we relax all restrictions and get back to normal, Canada extends Marshall law. Seriously, what on earth? 

The Tories should be underlining that that’s what you would have got with a crackpot ultra lefty left at the wheel.

All done:

Seems we misjudged the man after all:

On 17/02/2022 at 17:16, udderlyoffroad said:

Dave G, I'm sorry but your alluding to the Insulate Britain protests just doesn't hold up to any sort of comparison.

First of all I'd bet good money that these people will let emergency vehicles through.

The whole point of these protests is that it is the mandates - as our Canadian cousins refer to them - restrictions to you and me, screws up other people's lives.  It is the self-employed truckers who are feeling it more than most. 2 years into this pandemic, there can be no justification for not moving towards 'living with this', and not constantly invoking emergency powers.  People need to have their lives back. 

Freezing the bank accounts of protestors using anti-terror legislation, and invalidating their insurance?  Trudeau has truly lost the plot.  Earlier he responded to an MP's question in parliament, who is Jewish, that conservatives were standing with people waving Swastikas, then refused to apologise.  The man is an absolute ****-trombone.

Sadly however, Canada's electoral math(s), viz. large urban population, means the world is stuck with him for the forseeable.

He managed to ban 12-gauge shot guns by the precise letter of the law, albeit it has not been enforced.

Oh, and anyone still doing 'blackface' in the early 2000s at fancy dress parties (plural!) would've been crucified in the media had they been even a little bit right-of-centre.

Evidently, the swastika was being waved by a chap with a European accent, saying  ís this want you want to end up with.

This is according the a black chap that was interviewed in Ottawa. I have no reason to dibelieve him, given íckle Justin's tatrums and lies.

On 20/02/2022 at 14:33, Dave-G said:

Oh they have loads of support OK - but from all the wokies IMO who overlook the fact that they are illegally disrupting other peoples right to pass along the roads and go about their lawful lives.

Its no better than flying picket bullies gangs using strength of numbers that a lone worker (or motorist) cannot make way. Its illegal obstruction of the public in my opinion Nev, and I guess we'll have to see thing through different eyes mate.

You really do not know what you are talking about do you!! It's the wokies that the truckers are protesting against.

On 20/02/2022 at 21:18, Mungler said:

I have watched Trudeau in disbelief. He’s running a police state under draconian covid laws that are now plainly obsolete.

He doubled down on mandatory vaccinations, vaccination passports and a raft of draconian restrictions that effected basic civil liberties and now with omicron it’s clear he’s backed the wrong horse, and then some. He looks beyond daft and weak and he’s doubling down (again) going after the protesting truckers and it won’t end well for him.

In fairness, he was democratically elected and the Canadians have the leader they wanted and deserve.

There used to be a time embarrassed Americans abroad would say they were Canadians, if I were a Canadian travelling abroad right now (assuming Trudeau will let them out the Country) I’d tell everyone I was an American to save the embarrassment.

👍

On 21/02/2022 at 04:46, Mungler said:

You’re not getting the whole emergency powers / martial law and suspended Parliament bit, and of course the next Canadian general election is October 2025.

Imagine, it’s the week after a general election and Boris / Starmer passes emergency legislation and martial law under a blanket of fear and BBC spread misinformation (which soon enough dispells in other countries) and then, in the middle of parliament discussing and further voting on whether the state of martial law should continue, Boris / Starmer pirogues / suspends Parliament for ‘safety reasons’.

None of this is in any manifesto which any voter actually voted on.

Do bear in mind that these emergency laws are not trifling and aren’t about the EPC rating of your average loft. They affect your free choices - what you can do, where you can go, who you can see, when, and how you can earn a living (which for you is now restricted).

You, with lots of friends, a full life, financial commitments and people (work and family) who want to / need to see you, are miffed at having your basic civil liberties unjustly squashed. A general election is years away and so you protest. You are then (under more emergency powers magicked up in under a state of emergency because of a global emergency that no longer exists anywhere else in the world and all the while in front of a parliament that has been suspended) are threatened with losing your children, your home and your livelihood because you protested for the return of what you saw as your basic inalienable human rights.

In the background, the purported global emergency that ushered in this martial law has now well and truly and unquestionably unravelled and no longer exists. 

Last point (and I know this is a stretch but it’s real because I can see it happening if another covid variant surfaces), what if Trudeau (under a growing self imposed state of emergency) suspends the general election scheduled for 2025 or passes a law that anyone previously protesting against his imposed martial law has now forfeit the ability to vote in the next general election (as well as having their children taken off them by the state and losing their jobs and homes)?

It was said before but Churchill said it best ‘Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it’. Civil liberties when lost (even temporarily) rarely return whole again.

The post mortem in 12 / 24 months time is going to be fascinating.

EDIT

Got to love a bit of Tucker…

Don't forget about taking their pets and having them destroyed.

Love a bit of Tucker. Gutfeld ain't bad, either.