Morrisons 7P off a litre of Fuel

TIGHTCHOKE

1 hour ago, claydodger said:

just find the nearest to you

I currently have a vehicle with an empty 80 litre tank. Saving a 7p/litre off is £5.60p. It would cost me half a gallon for the round trip to Morrison’s, reducing the saving to about two quid. I’m not going to bother making a special trip.

3 hours ago, discobob said:

I believe they are made to exclude booze and cigs by the government - you can't be seen to be rewarding bad habits

You could well be right Bob , Good job I don't do either with just the state pension to rely on :good:, we have got a Morrisons a couple of miles away but we do most of our shopping at Tesco's as my worked there before retiring and have got a 10% discount card for life , although that don't include fuel .

4 hours ago, DUNKS said:

My local Morrisons does not sell fuel, so where do I go for the cheap diesel if I spend £40

A not so local Morrisons!

1 hour ago, London Best said:

I currently have a vehicle with an empty 80 litre tank. Saving a 7p/litre off is £5.60p. It would cost me half a gallon for the round trip to Morrison’s, reducing the saving to about two quid. I’m not going to bother making a special trip.

Exactly the simple mathematics required to work out if it is worth it.

I have a full tank currently, filled up at the weekend. I do not need fuel or £40 worth of stuff from Morrisons, BUT, I thought it might help somebody in here.

That's good. Yesterday I had the misfortune to get fuel at Tesco Minehead. Receipt says £24.65. My bank app said billed £30.00. Only knew when 25 miles further away. 

Will give someone earache later. Guess it might be an overcharge to be repaid later? Will see

They won't see me again for fuel, cheeky fings.

23 minutes ago, old man said:

That's good. Yesterday I had the misfortune to get fuel at Tesco Minehead. Receipt says £24.65. My bank app said billed £30.00. Only knew when 25 miles further away. 

Will give someone earache later. Guess it might be an overcharge to be repaid later? Will see

Possibly a ‘pre authorisation’, just see if it’s ‘Pending’ on your account as they show up but then will be wiped when the ‘real’ amount is debited’ 

58 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Possibly a ‘pre authorisation’, just see if it’s ‘Pending’ on your account as they show up but then will be wiped when the ‘real’ amount is debited’ 

Thanks, doesn't say pending. Will chase tomorrow. 

Thank goodness for printed receipt at point of issue. 

A lesson for all now, get proof of exact payment?

5 hours ago, old man said:

Have they billed you bang on £30 (pre auth) or £29.58 ? .......the reason I ask is £24.65 plus vat is £29.58.

6 hours ago, Blackpowder said:

Was about to say  the same for Aldi

Blackpowder

I went into Lidle or Aldi (not sure which) in Slovakia last week. What an eye opener the shop had an amazing selection of fresh fruit and bread and a great choice of cooked meats and cheese al beautifully presented. A far cry from the stack it on a pallet and throw it at you during bagging that they employ here.

If it were like that here I would shop there. 

40 minutes ago, oowee said:

I went into Lidle or Aldi (not sure which) in Slovakia last week. What an eye opener the shop had an amazing selection of fresh fruit and bread and a great choice of cooked meats and cheese al beautifully presented. A far cry from the stack it on a pallet and throw it at you during bagging that they employ here.

If it were like that here I would shop there. 

First started using Aldi in the 80's out in Germany - once bought some sun lotion from there as we were going to the municipal pool for the day after a night guard - I understood the "Hände nach Gebrauch waschen" but not the why

Turns out it was a self tanning lotion and we all ended up with very brown hands because we didn't 'Hände nach Gebrauch waschen" - Very awkward when saluting 😂