Stroud “Auctions”

fallowbuck

Hi , just a quick heads up on this Auction site.I tried to log on a few times last Thursday as the “Tinternet” was playing up finally got on the iphone.Unfortunately according to them ,un beknowns  to me , I had hit a bid button on the site! Some obscure Italian war medal!Shock horror !I was only on there for the gun sale! I immediately rang them and said this is a mis-bid and that I obviously hadn’t intentionally bid!The arrogant and ignorant foreigner on the phone said well we can’t help that “Tough Luck” basically!Not having much experience with online auctions I said well can I speak to a manager ?The reply was “He saids the Same!”. This was a genuine mishap and was relayed to them  in minutes but they refused to recall the bid and re-enter it .I found them to be ignorant and arrogant and have zero customer service !Please if you do have guns or other items AVOID them!I did see a lady who had paid hundreds of pounds for a bespoke dinner set complaining of the filthy condition of the set when she collected them!! Same reply “What do you expect us to do!” A—oles!🤨

Yes but did you advise them immediately at the time?I told them and the response was “Don’t care” !Thanks.P.S It cost me £76 .The only thing I think the Italian Army had medals for was quickest reverse in a tank!🧐🤔🤗

1 minute ago, fallowbuck said:

Yes but did you advise them immediately at the time?I told them and the response was “Don’t care” !Thanks.

Edited by fallowbuck

Take care at Auctions is the lesson here I think :/ 

My mate picked up a Browning Maxus in that very auction for just over £400, pretty much brand new with box and everything it comes with as new. 

He's chuffed. 

You can go up and view the items before the bidding day. Anyone bidding blind and then complaining the items are a bit dirty shouldn't bid on items they've not viewed in person if they aren't happy to take the risk. 

I've bought from Stroud Auctions in the past (have had some nice items) and never found them to be less than polite and helpful. As JohnfromUK rightly states you cannot bid via the "the-saleroom.com" or similar without first registering. I buy a lot of stuff in various auctions and, yes, you do have to be careful but there some good things to be had.

3 hours ago, Hector Vector said:

I've bought from Stroud Auctions in the past (have had some nice items) and never found them to be less than polite and helpful. As JohnfromUK rightly states you cannot bid via the "the-saleroom.com" or similar without first registering. I buy a lot of stuff in various auctions and, yes, you do have to be careful but there some good things to be had.

Yes. Me also. Professional, helpful, play it straight. And they'll have had too many instances of people "bidding up" lots on behalf of the vendor and/or just for devilment that they are right to say that the bid stands. What alse do you want them to do? Stop the auction and re-offer the lot? As has been said you will have had to register and be approved to bid. You cannot accidentally put a bid on simply browsing a sale that you've not registered for. 

Just now, enfieldspares said:

Yes. Me also. Professional, helpful, play it straight. And they'll have had too many instances of people "bidding up" lots on behalf of the vendor and/or just for devilment that they are right to say that the bid stands. What alse do you want them to do? Stop the auction and re-offer the lot? As has been said you will have had to register and be approved to bid. You cannot accidentally put a bid on simply browsing a sale that you've not registered for. 

I was registered the day before but it kept saying I’m not approved but I was ?So I rang them up and they approved it.So after about five attempts I finally got on the site!So I just scrolled to see what lot number was up and that’s when it said I had bid on the item!There was no “Bid” button illuminated at that time!Etc Etc.🧐🤔