The storm (Eunice)

Minky

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It is quite strange here.  By and large - nothing much to write home about - but occasionally quite fierce squalls - one of which blew my (heavy iron based) bird table over - the first time I can remember that happening in many years.  Good opportunity to find where the draughts in the house are coming from!

Same here in the Rhondda Valley. Strong wind, bit of rain, but schools closed, trains and buses cancelled!!!!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Exactly but the media have to over blow everything and since the '87 hurricane the weather folks don't want to get caught out again. Picking up here now peaking about mid day. just a good blow.

If this was a planned shoot day it would have gone ahead , at the moment the woods would have been fairly safe to gone in but if it got any worse we would have changed the drives and stuck to the game covers , it would have been left to the guns to decide if they wanted to carry on , or call it a day at lunch time , I am sure we have shot in winds just as strong or even stronger .

Edited by marsh man

Well I almost dont like to admit this but this is the worst storm that I have ever experienced in 50 years of living in Newquay. Usually i am on the cliffs in storms but no way in this. I cant walk in a straight line even with a stick.

just read this on another forum, so it's obviously picking up.

6 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Just recorded 110mph at the Needles

I think it' getting the news as it's affecting the South and the people in the BBC.

Bladdy southerners 😁

25 minutes ago, Minky said:

I notice that adequate flotation devices have been fitted 

If her brain was half the size of her “Assets” she wouldn’t have been there in the first place

Agriv8

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

Yeah, they may have to stay indoors, rack up the heating and get under the bed. 
Us up North will just put a jumper on and carry on. 🙂

Nope I have had to security mi flat cap with bailer twine and put some ballast ont whippit to stop it blowin away !

Snowing like a good'un here in the Dales.  Just bumped into a couple of 'hikers' who were setting off up a local mountain - chatted to them about the logic in heading up in 40mph constant wind and the 60-70 gusts but apparently they'll be OK ... beggars belief!

4 minutes ago, Down South said:

125 mph gust earlier at the Needles, highest recorded speed for England apparently. Suns shining now, I shall wonder up the garden in a while and pick the broken daffs, shame to waste them.

Thats shifting, I remember 120mph winds here, caravan flying over a house, fence lines blowing away, tied up boats kiting at their mooring, getting the coal in on my hands and knees..