Primers the cost.?

Nitram Where are you? I have 200 Fiocchi 616.209 primers which I got free "long story" So if you are near you can have them buckshee. If you are not close this applies to anyone else prepared to collect from NG10

It will be first to claim them on open forum. Happy birthday someone!😀

Edited by DUNKS

Have you been asleep for the last 2 years????😂

Federal and CCI primers are made in the USA where they have had a severe shortage of reloading components due to a number of factors. Hence what is available is a lot more expensive. Federal and CCI rifle and pistol primers averaged around £50 per 1000 18m ago; they are now averaging £90n to £130!! The US cannot supply its home market so the shops here are not getting their full orders if they are receiving anything at all. Supply and demand. 

Prices depend on what primer we're talking about. At the moment European shotgun primers are under £40 / 1000 from a few places, but stock is limited and new stock is likely to go up in price. US shotgun primers seem to be much more, around £70+.

US Pistol and rifle primers seem to be £70+ / 1000 with some like Federal Gold well over £100 / 1000. Even so stock is very limited and I've heard reports that new stock is unlikely this year.

I wonder if the prices will go down when more stock arrives?