Country file

Mice!

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

the geese brought down an american helicopter there a few years ago

Watch out for droppings when you put your linen out Simon , 

1 hour ago, Whitebridges said:

I've got it on record. 

Holkham is an amazing estate and tradition has it the 'keepers still wear bowler hats.

shooting-conservation-the-bowler-hat-1.j   

I've shot it many times for pigeon and had some fantastic bags. A good while ago mind. 

A fantastic photo , how I would love to be sitting there and having a yarn , love the place and been there many times , several times at the fair and done all the estates walks , when ever I have a day up that way I always come home contented , THANKS for sharing the photo .

Holkham amazing place! Any time of year. Jake Finnes (a former keeper) and team doing some great work and educating folk inc NE. Looking forward to reading his book coming out soon. I wonder if that's why Avery and co are slagging of Norfolk on their SM at the mo. . . Holkham on this week, GWCT's Allerton project on the other week. Was interesting they didn't actually mention GWCT or the shoot side in that prog. Even though you could see blue barrel feeders in some shots. Both episodes good. Are Countryfile finally listening?  . . . Matt Bakers farming/family prog aint bad either. . . . . . Anyone else been doing big farmland bird count for GWCT? Done 3 of my perms for farmers. last one testerday as today the last day to get your results in if you have.        NB

2 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Holkham amazing place! Any time of year. Jake Finnes (a former keeper) and team doing some great work and educating folk inc NE. Looking forward to reading his book coming out soon. I wonder if that's why Avery and co are slagging of Norfolk on their SM at the mo. . . Holkham on this week, GWCT's Allerton project on the other week. Was interesting they didn't actually mention GWCT or the shoot side in that prog. Even though you could see blue barrel feeders in some shots. Both episodes good. Are Countryfile finally listening?  . . . Matt Bakers farming/family prog aint bad either. . . . . . Anyone else been doing big farmland bird count for GWCT? Done 3 of my perms for farmers. last one testerday as today the last day to get your results in if you have.        NB

I haven't watched CF for a while, not deliberately just haven't,  put it on tonight and saw the geese, it would be nice for the program to start showing the real countryside rather than the fluffy version. 

Watched a few of the Matt Baker series,  a nice easy watch.

15 hours ago, marsh man said:

A fantastic photo , how I would love to be sitting there and having a yarn , love the place and been there many times , several times at the fair and done all the estates walks , when ever I have a day up that way I always come home contented , THANKS for sharing the photo .

My pleasure. I reckon they're having a reight ol' mardle.

I watched the programme late last night and enjoyed it. I hope the estate can find a way of satisfying those pinks. The answer may well lie with British Sugar if they pay better prices, so farmers could set the machines to leave the top inch on the tops. It also looks like we are buying in sugar cane in order to do deals on our exports post Brexit.