Join club with no SGC (Hampshire)

Scrimshanker

Hi all, I have registered interest with both Langstone and Chichester Wildfowling clubs last year whilst my SGC Grant was in with Hampshire Constabulary. I have now received an email to progress my application with Chichester but my SGC Grant application was refunded along with everyone else's in Hampshire. With no light as to when they are going to start accepting applications again do you think I could still join one of the wildfowling clubs ready for next season? I would have to go out for the first year with another member anyway so would not having a SGC be that much of an issue to start with? 

Also does anyone know of the pros and cons or have any recommendations of either clubs? 

I live in Portsmouth so Langstone is the closest, but I saw that Chichester runs from some of the West of Hayling Island so that is also not much further. I'm happy to travel just open for peoples opinions on both clubs. I have contacted them last week and still won't give any idea when they may even consider starting again! With all the restrictions looking at coming to an end next week I'm not sure what the hold up is now? It would be a shame to lose out again next season if the grants get processed quicker when they begin again. 

On 21/02/2022 at 09:34, Azza14786 said:

Hi all, I have registered interest with both Langstone and Chichester Wildfowling clubs last year whilst my SGC Grant was in with Hampshire Constabulary. I have now received an email to progress my application with Chichester but my SGC Grant application was refunded along with everyone else's in Hampshire. With no light as to when they are going to start accepting applications again do you think I could still join one of the wildfowling clubs ready for next season? I would have to go out for the first year with another member anyway so would not having a SGC be that much of an issue to start with? 

Also does anyone know of the pros and cons or have any recommendations of either clubs? 

I'm assuming you haven't had an SGC before, so forgive me if I'm incorrect.

Not having an SGC means you would have to borrow a gun and ammunition from whoever is taking you out.

If you go out with multiple members you would then be constantly swapping between guns and ammunition (and wildfowling is difficult enough as it is) or constantly asking the same member to go out with them, which may start to irk them after a while.

Do you have a friend with an SGC that could buy and store your gun? That will at least let you practice with your fowling gun.