Trail cameras.

Stour-boy

Has anyone had experience with Trail cameras ?

I used to have one but it was a so and so to set up. I want a trail camera that is simple to setup and use. I get lost when I look through Flea bay and other sites.

I  need something simple and easy to use. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Stour-boy.

I have three CamPark cameras and they could not be simpler. Put the chip in , switch on and walk away. I made some rods for mine with small bolts welded to the tops which match the thread on the camera. The rods are abour 2ft long and I just stick the whole set up in the ground in a handy spot. No strapping to trees etc etc. I will see if I can get a photgraph...no pun intended...today of one in position onc this wind and weather eases.  I get some excellent day and nigh shots with these and have had them running now for about 4 years maybe more.   I believe I paid about £50 each for them off Amazon.

Wind still too strong to risk walking down the wood, already had a very large ash go down, fortunately no damage. I had a camera in the study which is shown in the photo. This one I did a stupid thing and pushed down on the camera when putting in the ground and it broke the threaded area on the base but fortunately it had another threaded place on the back so I simply bent the rod to fit. I now push down on the rod.  This idea allows you to stick them in anywhere and you can camoflage them a bit by puting them against the base of trees shrubs etc below eye level and I have had folk walk and stand nearbye without knowing it was there.  If you can still get the type of camera which takes the large chip holder then do so because trying to change one of those insy winsy little chips on a freezing morning is not fun and drop one in the grass and you can almost always say goodbye.  Hope this all helps.  Trail cams are so useful and keep eyes on the place twenty four seven.

001.JPG

Edited by Walker570

7 hours ago, Stour-boy said:

I used to have one but it was a so and so to set up. I want a trail camera that is simple to setup and use. I get lost when I look through Flea bay and other sites.

Stour-boy.

Have a read of this…… 

I now have two….

9 hours ago, Stour-boy said:

Stour-boy.

Victure  so easy to use and cheap enough.

Many thanks gents, I settled for Walker 570s  choice in the end, it arrived yesterday have yet to get it up and running but looking forward to results.

will do as you suggest Walker570 but with a kicker at the bottom of the rod ie letter “h”so I don’t damage the casing.

Many thanks for your responses Gents 

Stour- boy.

On 25/02/2022 at 07:43, Stour-boy said:

Many thanks gents, I settled for Walker 570s  choice in the end, it arrived yesterday have yet to get it up and running but looking forward to results.

will do as you suggest Walker570 but with a kicker at the bottom of the rod ie letter “h”so I don’t damage the casing.

Stour- boy.

I'll get myself one too and if I may ask. . . . . . what model did you get and did you buy from Amazon?

On 25/02/2022 at 07:43, Stour-boy said:

Stour- boy.

Good idea with the short kicker. The reason |I didn't put one was that sometimes if in sofy ground you need to push it in further to get it stable.   A also made some tre screws.

The hex head screws you can get grey in colour I weld a suitable small bolt to match the camera on the end and then I can screw it in a tree.  I have to admit the ground spikes work best.   My neighbour has one I made for him and he drilled a hole in a log to put the spike in,where there was a concrete yard.

18 minutes ago, mgsontour said:

FYI

Dsoon cams are all 850nm ( low glow )

Campark cams are 850 and 950 ( no glow )

Bought direct from campark website @ £53 with the caveat that it hasn't arrived yet

Yep, mine took a while to arrive, probably all the way from China.