le Chameau leather boots,

redial

Have had three pairs now. Comfortable, warm, waterproof, but then they start to crack over the toes. Said I’d never buy them again but then they produced a pair with rubber over the offending part. In fairness it solves the problem for a while, but they too eventually started to crack. I still have the third pair but they are fair weather boots now, and just like a mates, squeak with each step! 🙂

They are better than the Harkila I bought from J. Norris ( was in there today; they’re still selling them ) but not as good as Meindl or Matterhorn. 

6 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Have a look at Brandecosse. Their boots are generally superb and streets ahead of many main stream manufacturers.

I quite fancy a pair of these myself, after talking to a stalker who recommended them. However, when I met her again last season she had changed back to Meindl, saying that they proved too narrow in the foot after prolonged use. 
I have heard good reports about Dedito boots also. 

21 minutes ago, Scully said:

I quite fancy a pair of these myself, after talking to a stalker who recommended them. However, when I met her again last season she had changed back to Meindl, saying that they proved too narrow in the foot after prolonged use. 
I have heard good reports about Dedito boots also. 

I suppose it depends on your feet. My boots have now done four seasons on the hill getting a real battering and subject to a bit of TLC going strong. I wouldn’t wear anything else to the point where I shall probably pick up a second pair for next season so I can rest pairs when they are soaked through.

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

I suppose it depends on your feet. My boots have now done four seasons on the hill getting a real battering and subject to a bit of TLC going strong. I wouldn’t wear anything else to the point where I shall probably pick up a second pair for next season so I can rest pairs when they are soaked through.

Good to hear. It isn’t too far for me to travel to Dumfries and Galloway, and I’m often up that way, so may call in sometime for a look see, and Dedito are even closer being just off the A66! 🙂

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Good to hear. It isn’t too far for me to travel to Dumfries and Galloway, and I’m often up that way, so may call in sometime for a look see, and Dedito are even closer being just off the A66! 🙂

I called in to buy mine. Wanted to be sure on fit and sizing. Very friendly and helpful