Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

3 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Agree we all have are opinions But dropping cluster bombs on supermarkets I thought them kind of weapons were banned Disgraceful 

They're not banned, some countries opted to not use them. 

3 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

They are, another War Crime in a long list.

Nope. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

I thought that Russia and Ukraine both opted out of the ban?

They did, and the US, and the vast majority of countries that possess them... Cluster munitions, Air dropped anti personnel mines, thermobaric/fuel Air bombs, nerve gas and biological weapons. 

All as bad as each other. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing I noticed about this war is its seems that the Russian troops are scared to kill. I have seen hundreds of videos of armor getting fire bombed and not firing back,  videos of of chordal talking back and forth,  people standing in front of armor and the armor going out of their way to miss them, I even saw a video of Russians firing up in the air as a group was throwing bricks at them.  With the Ukrainian civilians walking up and interacting with the Russains I feel like Russians are not talking it seriously. 

58 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

With the Ukrainian civilians walking up and interacting with the Russains I feel like Russians are not talking it seriously. 

I'd say they are taking it very seriously.

They are regular troops that seems to have been duped by their commanders, not american security contractors or russian mercenary squad doing it for the money, so they will not kill for sport.

/M

BBC are saying there is a 40 mile military convoy heading towards Ukraine. 

Given how things went in the Gulf wars with air strikes I didn't expect to see something like that again .

A few A10s or Apaches would smash it to bits, have the Ukraine not got any air force left??

8 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

If Russia starts killing civilians en masse I can't see any hope of Nato keeping out of it and rightly so.  Either Putin is removed or we have the serious potential of a Nuclear War, he has clearly lost his mind.

NATO will only protect its own Members.

40 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Given how things went in the Gulf wars with air strikes I didn't expect to see something like that again .

A few A10s or Apaches would smash it to bits, have the Ukraine not got any air force left??

The convoy is already well within Ukraine! Apparently closing on the Capital Kyiv.

Rather than use the air assets it appears that Ukraine is using drone strikes.

Do NOT expect to see A10s or AH64s in Ukraine airspace any time soon.

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, front page photo of a young Ukrainian girl murdered by Putin's bombs !!!!!! Surely that must resonate with the Russian people 🤔

It probably would if they ever saw it!

Putin controls the media the airwaves and the internet.

It is illegal to call this a WAR in Russia. It is a peacekeeping exercise.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Problem with that scenario Mice is they would soon have a handful of SU-57's removing them from the air.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, front page photo of a young Ukrainian girl murdered by Putin's bombs !!!!!! Surely that must resonate with the Russian people 🤔

Like Dave says, IF  they get to hear about it. 

But don't think Russia has exclusive rights on killing civilians, OR keeping it from the population. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58653492#:~:text=Compensation payments for hundreds of,an average of £2%2C380.

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Well it does they don't want this anymore than the Ukrainian people but they are being  arrested for protesting and what can they do putin won't stand for any backlash from his own people he will silence them and even worse if they stand up to him 

6 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Problem with that scenario Mice is they would soon have a handful of SU-57's removing them from the air.

Probably another reason that the NATO countries haven't charged in to stop Russia,  they know just how costly it could be. 

It's not the same as sending in troops and planes against an enemy that can only watch.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Probably another reason that the NATO countries haven't charged in to stop Russia,  they know just how costly it could be. 

It's not the same as sending in troops and planes against an enemy that can only watch.

NATO countries will ONLY protect other NATO countries!

Ukraine is NOT a member of NATO.

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

NATO countries will ONLY protect other NATO countries!

Ukraine is NOT a member of NATO.

And totally understandable - otherwise no need to enrol or have an annual expenditure towards it to keep a sizeable deterent.

5 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

AND if they did then we would be into World War Three.    I have no answer but I am sure that the whole thing is not playing good for Putins future.  Push a mad dog into a corner and it will bite. 

We need to hope he is removed ASAP, I can't believe anyone other than him wants this absolutely pointless insanity.