Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

First class interview with a retired Air Marshal on GB News. He put the whole scene straight. It makes such a difference when you actually hear a TRUE expert give an opinion.  

I also find GB news refreshing, they're not afraid to show a counter argument, or explore alternative views. 

What is the title of the article please? I'd be interested to watch it. 

A simplistic view from and old man not being drawn into the desperate current Peter and Paul circus? Common sense maybe means looking after ourselves first but giving sensible sustainable aid?

Maybe an indication that as a Nation we should, immediately stop the idiotic give aways and regain control of our resources by whatever means?

This debacle just highlights to me the virtually indefensible situation we are in now by not even being able to control anything? We have little of engineering, no control of energy etc? Committed to the HS2 white elephant and an impossible climate target?

Time to re nationalise? Not the stupid way either? 

Oops, all ok now I have woken up! Crikey that was frightening. 

We will never do anything to strengthen our position solely because our successive governments have always rated our home interests much lower than their own and  also virtually every other world country for 50 years?

Still trying to bribe countries with space programmes come to mind?

Tin hat firmly in place, desperately looking for common sense at a political level.

39 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I also find GB news refreshing, they're not afraid to show a counter argument, or explore alternative views. 

What is the title of the article please? I'd be interested to watch it. 

The interview was with Air Marshal Phillip Osborne   They also did one with Sir Tony Rankin Chief of Defence Staff.

try youtube...Air Marshal Phillip Osborne and it should come up.

Yep, that works.

Edited by Walker570

Good to see missiles made in Belfast being put to good use. 

A BELFAST-made anti-tank weapon is proving "quite effective" in helping Ukranian forces combat invading Russian troops. The NLAW missile, made in Belfast by French arms manufacturer Thales, is helping target the weak spots of Russian tanks in Ukraine, a military and defence journalist has said.

i have nothing useful to contribute to this thread

just been watching the latest reports coming in of the people and the dogs and cats and puppies that are caught up in all this

its just very very sad....i wish i was a lot younger and fitter and more resiiant and im sure i would have put myself in a position to help........these folk are no different to my next door neighbors

its quite upsetting ...and makes me soooo very very angry

8 hours ago, ditchman said:

just been watching the latest reports coming in of the people and the dogs and cats and puppies that are caught up in all this

its just very very sad....i wish i was a lot younger and fitter and more resiiant and im sure i would have put myself in a position to help........these folk are no different to my next door neighbors

Hello, I agree Simon, while the whole world sits back and watching their TV seeing  Ukraine and its citizens loose their homes, lives ,Country,  all because of one man's obsession to the Russian Empire,  

15 hours ago, bluesj said:

Can't see that ever happening !

You and I both know it.

31 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I agree Simon, while the whole world sits back and watching their TV seeing  Ukraine and its citizens loose their homes, lives ,Country,  all because of one man's obsession to the Russian Empire,  

Yep. 

21 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, slightly off topic, while many counties that border Russia and others  taking in 1000s of Ukrainian refugees, the UK has given out 50 visas, and only with family relations, 

Shameful. I would welcome them here. 

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

These are my feelings on the situation.  It's heartbreaking to watch , and I'd give anything to be able to help.

43 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, slightly off topic, while many counties that border Russia and others  taking in 1000s of Ukrainian refugees, the UK has given out 50 visas, and only with family relations, 

20 minutes ago, oowee said:

Shameful. I would welcome them here. 

The refugees have only just started to trickle in ,but , over the next few days and weeks the system will get smoother , and things will happen much more quickly. The government is just making sure that the right people get to the right places.

The people of this country will welcome genuine refugees with open arms , and as a country , we will go above and beyond to provide assistance. 

7 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

The refugees have only just started to trickle in ,but , over the next few days and weeks the system will get smoother , and things will happen much more quickly. The government is just making sure that the right people get to the right places.

The people of this country will welcome genuine refugees with open arms , and as a country , we will go above and beyond to provide assistance. 

Well said Mel , I agree 100% with Simon and old pigeonpopper. Brave men and women answering the call.

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I hope you are right but I doubt it very much. There are already reports of people turned away. 50 to date is frankly appalling.  Why do we not have systems in place now? 

Edited by oowee