Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

the UK government have given 1000s of Visas, a 3 year term, yet I can see this maybe a short term solution for a far bigger emergency , it's past the 150, 000 to offer accomodation just goes to show however bad things are in UK people care about fellow human 

Some in the UK care but clearly not this government. 9500 visas issued is a woeful response to an unprecedented disaster. Is the govt reflecting the needs of their voters? 

The reasons given (below from Sky news) are laughable. Any spy just needs to get on a plane and go to visit Salisbury. Why que up for a visa? 

Security checks on Ukrainian refugees coming to the UK are needed to prevent Russian spies infiltrating the country, Sajid Javid told Sky News.

The UK has been criticised for not lifting security checks on refugees fleeing Ukraine but over the weekend Home Secretary Priti Patel said visa checks would remain because of the threat of Russian spies exploiting the situation.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is anyone else coming round to the idea that Cretin's threat of using 'something never seen before' may have been the hyper wossit missiles? Its my understanding we've heard about them but not seen them used prior to Ukraine?

Perhaps that's why savvy peeps in Washington won't do a no fly zone because those missiles can defeat any NATO aircraft  or defence missile. (That we're aware of)

Edited by Dave-G

13 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Is anyone else coming round to the idea that Cretin's threat of using 'something never seen before' may have been the hyper wossit missiles? Its my understanding we've heard about them but not seen them used prior to Ukraine?

Perhaps that's why savvy peeps in Washington won't do a no fly zone because those missiles can defeat any NATO aircraft  or defence missile. (That we're aware of)

You appear to be talking about the lift carrying missiles that are designed to target ground targets at high speed over long distances.

The Kinzhal, Zirkon and Avangrad missiles.

They are not anti aircraft weapons.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

10 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You appear to be talking about the lift carrying missiles that are designed to target ground targets at high speed over long distances.

The Kinzhal, Zirkon and Avangrad missiles.

They are not anti aircraft weapons.

Ah - din't know that thanks. :good:

39 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

No ... I think the nuke threat was widely understood as to what he inferred.

putin aint going to stop....he will just lay back and pound the cities into submission.........what the ukraines need to do is to go on the attack and neautrilise the heavy gun teams and rocket lorries...but they will be well protected....so they need spy in the sky and ground to ground rockets or or heavy calibre guided munitians.....

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

putin aint going to stop....he will just lay back and pound the cities into submission

This... The one farming community that battered the tanks and russians after routing them into a dead end will no doubt just get pummeled now by rocket from a far ....

Putin is unhinged and won't stop, just hope something does stop him before it's just a waste land

Im not saying that this means anything in particular, its just another facet to the situation.

A lot of people seem to think Zelensky is just an ordinary guy , thrust somewhat reluctantly into the role of hero of Ukraine.
Maybe he is , but in country as corrupt as Ukraine , the chances of him being who you think he is , are slim.

13 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Im not saying that this means anything in particular, its just another facet to the situation.

A lot of people seem to think Zelensky is just an ordinary guy , thrust somewhat reluctantly into the role of hero of Ukraine.
Maybe he is , but in country as corrupt as Ukraine , the chances of him being who you think he is , are slim.

A member of World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Young Global Leaders group - has probably sat around drinking tea and discussing the Great Reset with Putin and Klaus Schwab.

https://www.weforum.org/people/volodymyr-zelenskyy

They are certainly fulfilling at least part of the Young Global Leaders vision statement, though maybe not in the way we would have hoped.

Transform
YGLs are pioneering and bold. We identify and champion ways to scale-up, amplify and accelerate their impact, to make more of a difference in their communities and beyond.

https://www.younggloballeaders.org/vision-and-mission

Hello, big meeting today in Brussels, will be a lot of talk the talk but will be nothing to help the citizens of Ukraine, 1000s still trapped under buildings and rubble and shelters, no food, medicine, water, many shot dead trying to escape every country bleating war crimes yet no one is prepared to stand up to Putin , he must be laughing at us while still sending bombs from the Russian state killing more and destroying the hearts of the Ukrainian people

12 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, big meeting today in Brussels, will be a lot of talk the talk but will be nothing to help the citizens of Ukraine, 1000s still trapped under buildings and rubble and shelters, no food, medicine, water, many shot dead trying to escape every country bleating war crimes yet no one is prepared to stand up to Putin , he must be laughing at us while still sending bombs from the Russian state killing more and destroying the hearts of the Ukrainian people

Couldn't agree with you more. 

I've had enough of this "I'm alright jack" attitude from the west, how would we feel if the roles were reversed. 

On 22/03/2022 at 21:06, ShootingEgg said:

This... The one farming community that battered the tanks and russians after routing them into a dead end will no doubt just get pummeled now by rocket from a far ....

Putin is unhinged and won't stop, just hope something does stop him before it's just a waste land

Hello, it already is if you see the reports on Mariupol , hardly any buildings , houses , factories intact,  all destroyed by Russian bombs, be interesting what this big meeting of many nations in Brussels conclude today ??

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it already is if you see the reports on Mariupol , hardly any buildings , houses , factories intact,  all destroyed by Russian bombs, be interesting what this big meeting of many nations in Brussels conclude today ??

But the docks haven't been hit, its a strategic plan and power play.

41 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I've had enough of this "I'm alright jack" attitude from the west, how would we feel if the roles were reversed. 

Hello, would anyone think Ukraine has been sacrificed in the eyes of the western powers ?? Not wanting to get involved by way of  military help

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

54 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

40 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The West is trying to avoid almost the whole world becoming embroiled in what is basically Russia's unfinished internal affair - remembering that Ukraine and Russia were the same place.

West moved on from invasions and thought Russia moved on too but we thought wrong.

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

West moved on from invasions and thought Russia moved on too but we thought wrong.

Im not sure about the west 'moving on' they just cant think of anyone who needs 'freedom' at the moment.
Iran is still a plump target....But again , that comes within Russias sphere of influence.

A resurgence of some Islamic sect in N. Africa, that needs dealing with ?
So, many opportunities for expanding influence.

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

The West is trying to avoid almost the whole world becoming embroiled in what is basically Russia's unfinished internal affair - remembering that Ukraine and Russia were the same place.

I'm sure the Ukrainians don't see it like that and I'm sure you wouldn't either if Russian shells were landing on your head. 

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm sure the Ukrainians don't see it like that and I'm sure you wouldn't either if Russian shells were landing on your head. 

If looking through Ukranian eyes yes I agree but if looking through the worlds eyes there's a big difference. Even their president agrees they cannot become part of NATO.

As one of the country's offering Ukraine the most assistance and also being amongst the most condemning of Russia we'd possibly be taking missiles by now if we'd waded in. 

reports of 300 plus Russians changing sides and handing themselves in to the Ukrainians and one Russian senior officer being run over by one of his tank drivers .   Now Russians are throwing Molotov cocktaisn at the Kremlin. It is going downhill fast for Mr. Putin.  Unfortunately it will cost billions to rebuild Ukraine and that money should come out of Putins bank account. He will have to sell the Swiss Chalet his layby and kids are reported to be living in and his fancy yacht etc etc.  Put him out on the streets .

41 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

reports of 300 plus Russians changing sides and handing themselves in to the Ukrainians and one Russian senior officer being run over by one of his tank drivers .   Now Russians are throwing Molotov cocktaisn at the Kremlin. It is going downhill fast for Mr. Putin.   .

Really? No mention of it on the news!