Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I'm surprised he hasn't classed other military aid as such already.

I've wondered that as well, no official boots on the ground or planes in the sky, but plenty of countries saying that they are sending aid & weapons, clearly supporting the Ukraine.

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

I've wondered that as well, no official boots on the ground or planes in the sky, but plenty of countries saying that they are sending aid & weapons, clearly supporting the Ukraine.

maybe putin needs to lose a few of his naval fleet.he might think differently then.strange really how one man is making all the rules on what is and not acceptable. 

Edited by bostonmick
got east and West confused

3 hours ago, amateur said:

If the French or we supplied Exocet or other anti-ship missile, couldn't the Ukrainians knock out the Black Sea fleet?

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

I think that's what Boris was suggesting this morning ... 

That sounds like a cool way to de escalate the situation, not like the Russians wont retaliate against civilians even more severely than they already are, probably carpet bomb Kiev or something, but its OK , at least they got as few antiquated ships :no:

Those Chechens and Syrians tend to have a different perspective on the treatment of non combatants.

8 minutes ago, amateur said:

Where did all the Semtex come from?

Probably Czechoslovakia, where its made, I wasnt aware Putin was in control of that particular country ?

14 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

maybe putin needs to lose a few of his naval fleet.he might think differently then.strange really how one man is making all the rules on what is and not allowed. no different to putin and friends supplying terror groups over the years to attack the west.

It's not about making rules, it's about making threats.

680066954_Screenshot_20220404-130908_SamsungInternet.jpg.d18ecebb56221ee4e0fa847945dcd61f.jpg

That comment/ threat has made the West sit back and watch, but it hasn't stopped leaders openly stating they are sending help in one way or another,  I expected any help given to have been deniable.

27 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Probably Czechoslovakia, where its made, I wasnt aware Putin was in control of that particular country ?

At that time Czechoslovakia was under Soviet influence.

Polonium and novochok also come to mind - used directly by the Russians in the West

Hello, a few weeks ago all the news was on the invasion of Ukraine, Putin showed his military might on their borders saying we are not invading, and all the countries in NATO , USA, and UN stood back thinking what ?? That he's a man of his word, ? Now all the news is on War Crimes , President Zelensky has shown great strength , sometimes pleading for his people , I wonder how all these countries governments he spoke to including the UK think now 🤔 , in the 21st Century we see a country almost destroyed, millions displaced , and it's just announced a War crime !!!, I wonder what USA , UK, Poland , France,  etc  have done if they were  citizens of these countries, What we now see is Putin and his Army true colours, and Ukraine citizen paying the price,

Putin has aided the Syrian dictatorship in its civil war for over 10 years, the result of which is who knows how many deliberately targeted civilian deaths, and their plight has caused very little objection from any western or NATO linked country, so why is everyone suddenly concerned about the plight of Ukraine civilians all of a sudden, and the war crimes it is claimed they are subject to? 

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

Putin has aided the Syrian dictatorship in its civil war for over 10 years, the result of which is who knows how many deliberately targeted civilian deaths, and their plight has caused very little objection from any western or NATO linked country, so why is everyone suddenly concerned about the plight of Ukraine civilians all of a sudden, and the war crimes it is claimed they are subject to? 

Political point scoring??? 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ In all honesty, your guess is as good as mine. 

37 minutes ago, Scully said:

Or his last two invasions which nobody flapped about.

When you see Syria on the news its a waste land, that's why I didn't expect Ukraine to put up much of a fight, even if they win they lose.

I think people are showing concern because its not that far away,  some people know others in the Ukraine and its affecting us financially.

And we in the West thought this didn't happen anymore here in Europe. 

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:
51 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Or his last two invasions which nobody flapped about.

When you see Syria on the news its a waste land, that's why I didn't expect Ukraine to put up much of a fight, even if they win they lose.

I think people are showing concern because its not that far away,  some people know others in the Ukraine and its affecting us financially.

And we in the West thought this didn't happen anymore here in Europe. 

just to throw something else into the mix........Hungary ...elections...president re-elected.......

1. they are a member of NATO
  2. they are a member of the EU

then why are they verbally supporting Putin  ???..and refuse to send any help or aid to ukraine......bizarre....i think we need to watch Hungary.:hmm:

the time to "pin yer colours to the mast "..has gone boys

8 minutes ago, ditchman said:

just to throw something else into the mix........Hungary ...elections...president re-elected.......

then why are they verbally supporting Putin  ???..and refuse to send any help or aid to ukraine......bizarre....i think we need to watch Hungary.:hmm:

Screenshot_20220404-160813_Maps.jpg.f585c86d0dcb33aab3af816126e0dd2e.jpg

Maybe given where they are they don't want to risk OPENLY giving support??

if Putin carries on, which looks unlikely for now, then Moldova,  Romania,  Hungary and Slovakia are smack bang in the firing line.

3 hours ago, bostonmick said:

no different to putin and friends supplying terror groups over the years to attack the west.

Thats what you said.

Now youre saying this.

2 hours ago, amateur said:
3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

At that time Czechoslovakia was under Soviet influence.

Polonium and novochok also come to mind - used directly by the Russians in the West

Czechoslovakia hasnt been under Russian influence since 1989, long before Putin was in control of anything ?
Novichok and Polonium , Im not disputing Russia used them, but in the context of terrorism against the west ?
And , if youre saying that pre 1989, Russia supplied semtex to the IRA ,PLO ect, thats not really true either, Libya, was by far the largest buyer of semtex.....
Even so , all 3 of these things are perfectly available to make or buy  in any 1st world country, and plenty of 3rd world ones too.

I digress, but looking at Russia sponsoring terrorism in the west, is a bark up the wrong tree.
They have been the victims of terrorism just as much as we have.

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

No they have condemned the attacks and have taken tens of thousands of refugees. Still need watching though.

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, we know Putin's friends with Assad but what about the Chechen leader ?

Putin owns Chechnya. Interesting though that they fight for both sides. 

51 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

Was with a very senior serving army officer at a funeral last week, his insight into the Russian side was interesting, there is much evidence of widespread corruption - tanks with active armour that are actually blocks of wood for example.

whether we like it or not there are 2 wars going on...

1. the killing war
  2. the misinformation war

with all this fake news of late Trump et al....im very very wary of what i see on TV......the misinformation war is being fought on both sides...and sometimes "staged".......

watched a none pixilated report from BBC this morning showing clearly and in HD....bodies bound and piled up.....absolutly horrific.........

when you look thro the spectacle of it...and see how the hands and feet were bound ...the alarm bells went off....the feet were tied very loosely with a white biodegradeble thin plastic bag...and the hands were tied in "joke fashion" with white electric flex that could have slipped off at any second due to how it was tied......it dosnt take away how these people were killed....but what it does say...are the lengths that the military media machine will go to by imbellishing things........which puts me on edge ...as i now question everything...which is really backfiring on the ukraians

the BBC are to an extent are complicit as well.......another bit of film was of a woman presumably dead on the floor half on her bike....she had been covered but the camraman had focused on her hand and fingernails....which were beautifully painted...that scene tells a story...a story that the viewer will make up in their mind

be careful out there folk...watch and try and see thro this charade before firming a firm opinion

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

1. the killing war

with all this fake news of late Trump et al....im very very wary of what i see on TV......the misinformation war is being fought on both sides...and sometimes "staged".......

watched a none pixilated report from BBC this morning showing clearly and in HD....bodies bound and piled up.....absolutly horrific.........

when you look thro the spectacle of it...and see how the hands and feet were bound ...the alarm bells went off....the feet were tied very loosely with a white biodegradeble thin plastic bag...and the hands were tied in "joke fashion" with white electric flex that could have slipped off at any second due to how it was tied......it dosnt take away how these people were killed....but what it does say...are the lengths that the military media machine will go to by imbellishing things........which puts me on edge ...as i now question everything...which is really backfiring on the ukraians

the BBC are to an extent are complicit as well.......another bit of film was of a woman presumably dead on the floor half on her bike....she had been covered but the camraman had focused on her hand and fingernails....which were beautifully painted...that scene tells a story...a story that the viewer will make up in their mind

be careful out there folk...watch and try and see thro this charade before firming a firm opinion

Would you be surprised if Russian troops did what is alleged ?

17 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Would you be surprised if Russian troops did what is alleged ?

no..............because from the past i know what all humans are caperble of....

watching a documentory recently about Bonono apes...they are very apart from other apes...and in a group violence is unheard of...other apes.. violence is a pre condition....

it is the opinion that the lack of violence within the bonono groups is their frequent addition to sex.........as said in the documentory "they have an awful lot of sex"

is the reason why humans are so fixated to violence is because their sexual needs have been controlled.....:hmm:

i ought to take up pigeon shooting..im spending too much time in off topic :lol:

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

1. the killing war

anyone who can’t see most of it is staged propaganda needs a optician 

anyone who can’t see most of it is staged propaganda needs a optician 

For those of us that need a optician and are not as savvy as you, enlighten us on your evidence its staged propaganda. You obviously know more than the experienced war correspondents on the ground that have seen the evidence and body's with their own eyes :hmm: If it was the girl guilds we were talking about i would be a bit suspicious if it was clamed that shot civilian's but its the Russian army we are talking about, I would be more surprised if they had not.     

Edited by ordnance

15 minutes ago, ordnance said:

For those of us that need a optician and are not as savvy as you, enlighten us on your evidence its staged propaganda. You obviously know more than the experienced war correspondents on the ground that have seen the evidence and body's with their own eyes :hmm: If it was the girl guilds we were talking about i would be a bit suspicious if it was clamed that shot civilian's but its the Russian army we are talking about, I would be more surprised if they had not.     

you only have to look how they are bound it wouldn’t hold anyone about to be shot for two secs if your taking people for fools they should at least make a effort not like they are short on bodies to stage rubbish