Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

Your source is RT, LOL.

There are multiple sources for the Ukrainians using their huge stockpile of tochka u missiles on the separatists. 

The one I picked had the most detail about the actual operation and performance, from someone who actually knows the system. 

But we all know by now, if the Russians do something bad, it's taken as gospel truth, deliberate and unforgivable. 

If the brave Ukrainians do something bad, it's a damn Russian lie, or a mistake, because the Russians made them do it, like shelling civilians in Donbass, or shooting Russian prisoners. 

18 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

There are multiple sources for the Ukrainians using their huge stockpile of tochka u missiles on the separatists. 

The one I picked had the most detail about the actual operation and performance, from someone who actually knows the system. 

But we all know by now, if the Russians do something bad, it's taken as gospel truth, deliberate and unforgivable. 

If the brave Ukrainians do something bad, it's a damn Russian lie, or a mistake, because the Russians made them do it, like shelling civilians in Donbass, or shooting Russian prisoners. 

Yeah multiple Russian supporting sources.  There are sources that say the word is flat, must be true they 🤔

Edited by ordnance

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, would that might be a possibility but if all countries in NATO stood by a no fly zone with their air forces would Putin back down ?, is it worth considering ?, now the Russian forces have retreated the Ukrainian police have started the task of finding more dead bodies , most the elderly in their small village homes who could not leave , surly something must be done to stop Putin ??

They have only retreated to concentrate on what Putin really wants!

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Are you russian by any chance?

You seem to be a great defender of the child murdering ****s...

22 minutes ago, MirokuMK70 said:

Are you russian by any chance?

You seem to be a great defender of the child murdering ****s...

I suspect that rather like me: he doesn't defend either side as he is able to see the emerging facts that neither side are saints.

Edited by Dave-G

4 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I suspect that rather like me: he doesn't defend either side as he is able to see the emerging facts that neither side are saints.

Exactly. 

3 minutes ago, MirokuMK70 said:

The ukrainians aren't killing russian kids though are they?

If you bother to read the links and do a bit of research, the Ukrainians are quite happy to throw a few retaliation missiles into civilian areas in Donbass, killing kids. But you you won't hear that on the BBC 10 o'clock news. 

Obviously the Russians are killing civilians on a far greater scale, but let's not delude ourselves that there isn't a grey area between right and wrong. 

16 minutes ago, ditchman said:

there are no rules in war...only outcomes

Legally there are rules. 

If you bother to read the links and do a bit of research, the Ukrainians are quite happy to throw a few retaliation missiles into civilian areas in Donbass, killing kids.

Could be i don't know,  have you credible sources that happened ?

42 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Few sides are saints in any war, but don't forget what country invaded the other. 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

This. 

Catchy saying but factually incorrect, if armies / countries abide by them is another matter. 

The laws of war in a nutshell - International Committee of the ...

Edited by ordnance

23 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Could be i don't know,  have you credible sources that happened

What's a credible source, the BBC, sky, fox? 

Boris said right at the start, he wanted RTs licence revoked by Ofcom, as he only wanted "one narrative" 

How much plainer does it have to be? 

They could tell you anything they wanted, no mater how far fetched, and you would believe it, you don't have a choice. 

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

What's a credible source, the BBC, sky, fox? 

Boris said right at the start, he wanted RTs licence revoked by Ofcom, as he only wanted "one narrative" 

How much plainer does it have to be? 

They could tell you anything they wanted, no mater how far fetched, and you would believe it, you don't have a choice. 

Any credible source, you said bellow happened back it up. 

the Ukrainians are quite happy to throw a few retaliation missiles into civilian areas in Donbass, killing kids.

Edited by ordnance

2 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Any credible source, you said it happened back it up. 

I'd be wasting my time, because anything that stated it happened you would say it wasn't credible. 

I could get a signed statement from Zelensky saying it happened, and you would say its a Russian forgery. 

You believe what you like, let others believe what they like. Bask in your moral superiority. 😉

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I'd be wasting my time, because anything that stated it happened you would say it wasn't credible. 

I could get a signed statement from Zelensky saying it happened, and you would say its a Russian forgery. 

You believe what you like, let others believe what they like. Bask in your moral superiority. 😉

Thought so. 

49 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Few sides are saints in any war, but don't forget what country invaded the other. 

Catchy saying but factually incorrect, if armies / countries abide by them is another matter. 

The laws of war in a nutshell - International Committee of the ...

Laws only apply to the law abiding, and then only if there’s anyone to police them. Who’s policing this? 
It’s a bit naive to believe that anyone committing an act of war is going to be bothered about what someone else considers is against the law.

The whole idea of waging a war where the intent is to kill enough of the other side until they submit, and then creating rules of what is and isn’t acceptable is ludicrous beyond belief. 
Germany tried to blow the UK into submission and in turn we blew the hell out of their cities with the same intent. 
It’s war! 

18 minutes ago, Scully said:

Laws only apply to the law abiding, and then only if there’s anyone to police them. Who’s policing this? 
It’s a bit naive to believe that anyone committing an act of war is going to be bothered about what someone else considers is against the law.

The whole idea of waging a war where the intent is to kill enough of the other side until they submit, and then creating rules of what is and isn’t acceptable is ludicrous beyond belief. 
Germany tried to blow the UK into submission and in turn we blew the hell out of their cities with the same intent. 
It’s war! 

Still there are laws / rules so as i said, to say ( there are no rules in war...only outcomes ) is factually incorrect. 

Edited by ordnance

1 minute ago, ordnance said:

Still there are laws so as i said, to say ( there are no rules in war...only outcomes ) is factually incorrect. 

I’m not denying there are laws, just stating the fact that they’re as ridiculous as they are effective, as has been proved. 
I’m sure they come as a great comfort to those out there at the sharp end. 

20 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m not denying there are laws, just stating the fact that they’re as ridiculous as they are effective, as has been proved. 
I’m sure they come as a great comfort to those out there at the sharp end. 

As i said (if armies / countries abide by them is another matter

On the plus side i see a missile ( Starstreak )designed and manufactured in Belfast has made a appearance in Ukraine. 

martled_manpads_in_ukraine.jpg

Edited by ordnance