Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

If it ain't in video on news at ten it ain't happened.  If You ain't got the Fox carcase in hand, then you ain't  shot one.  You know the rules.  I knew a bloke who was always saluting Charlie as he sped off our the horizon.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Who would you think are doing all this destruction inside Russia, ??

its a big country, there must be hundreds of unreported similar incidents, fires do happen by accident and I doubt there's much health and safety or maintenance done in these buildings.

The only one that looks like sabotage is the rail line but even that could have been caused by a land slide, If it is sabotage I think the Ukrainians or others would have made a better job of destroying the rail line.

16 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Very much hope its not fake news. There are supposedly saboteur Russians (can't think of the correct term) doing dirty deeds in Ukraine so it's fair play the Ukrainians (or others) do some demolition in return.

Guerrilla warfare is the term I was reaching for.

If reports are correct it looks like the Ukrainians are taking the fight to the Russians after a possible missile strike on two targets 80miles into Russia.

What type of system would they need to strike this far into Russia?....https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10749921/Giant-inferno-Russian-oil-storage-amid-suspicion-strike-Ukraine.html

16 minutes ago, old'un said:

If reports are correct it looks like the Ukrainians are taking the fight to the Russians after a possible missile strike on two targets 80miles into Russia.

What type of system would they need to strike this far into Russia?....https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10749921/Giant-inferno-Russian-oil-storage-amid-suspicion-strike-Ukraine.html

Yes it does look like it. Putin cant hold on much longer surely?. 

1 hour ago, old'un said:

They havent just started doing this , they have been hitting military and infrastructure targets inside Russia for weeks, it just doesnt get reported over here for some reason?

1 hour ago, old'un said:

What type of system would they need to strike this far into Russia?.

Cruise missiles, the Ukrainians have hundreds of them, this is the second large refinery theyve hit, they got another one 3 weeks ago.
Theyve also used helicopters, special forces  and fixed wing aircraft to attack air bases within Russia.

They have also used cruise missiles and artillery on the separatist areas of Donbass, often killing civilians ,but again, this isnt considered by our media outlets.

Im not sticking up for Russia, but there is plenty we dont get to hear about, that might cast Ukraine in any kind of negative light.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

"Bryansk is a logistical hub for Russian forces battling Ukraine in Donbas, while the Druzhba pipeline is one of the main routes for Russian oil to reach Europe."

This is excellent news that might just help some oil dependent EU countries try harder to get it from elsewhere whilst also denying it to russia's military. 

Tellingly, it's also showing missiles can be directed at supply targets and not residential areas if that's what the commanders want.

35 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Im not sticking up for Russia, but there is plenty we dont get to hear about, that might cast Ukraine in any kind of negative light.

Joys of war, we only get shown what our media want to show. Not as bad as the Russian state media, but still we only see what they(MSN) air 

12 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Joys of war, we only get shown what our media want to show. Not as bad as the Russian state media, but still we only see what they(MSN) air 

Its interesting to imagine a scenario where there was conflict between say, Ukraine and Poland for instance ?

Who would be the bad guy then ?

31 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Its interesting to imagine a scenario where there was conflict between say, Ukraine and Poland for instance ?

Who would be the bad guy then ?

Your guess is as good as any I think on that one. Would you say the aggressor was the one in wrong. Or could something have lead them to be the aggressor. Much like now, Putin says he is going into the Donbas which has for a fair few years been in conflict. He is saying he is going into support his people.

2 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Your guess is as good as any I think on that one. Would you say the aggressor was the one in wrong. Or could something have lead them to be the aggressor. Much like now, Putin says he is going into the Donbas which has for a fair few years been in conflict. He is saying he is going into support his people.

The aggressor is whoever we decide it to be , or rather more accurately, who we are told it is , based on the information we are given.
There are of course certain caveats to that , Russia, China , or any other nation we dont like , are ALWAYS the aggressor.

The US ,UK , NATO , or any country we like , including countries with terrible human rights records like Saudi ect, are NEVER the aggressor.

Proof ?

When Ukraine was shelling and shooting Donbass separatists from 2014 to the present day, it was the separatist 'insurgents' backed by Russia, who were the aggressors....obviously.
When we went into Afghan and Iraq, and shot and bombed the native 'insurgents' , they were also the aggressors, so we were fully justified in occupying their country for 20 years.
So we can learn from this that, anyone who doesnt agree with us , whatever it is they do , or where they are, even in their own country, are insurgents, who have forfeited their rights to life and liberty.
Seems reasonable , no ?

25 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The aggressor is whoever we decide it to be , or rather more accurately, who we are told it is , based on the information we are given.
There are of course certain caveats to that , Russia, China , or any other nation we dont like , are ALWAYS the aggressor.

The US ,UK , NATO , or any country we like , including countries with terrible human rights records like Saudi ect, are NEVER the aggressor.

Proof ?

When Ukraine was shelling and shooting Donbass separatists from 2014 to the present day, it was the separatist 'insurgents' backed by Russia, who were the aggressors....obviously.
When we went into Afghan and Iraq, and shot and bombed the native 'insurgents' , they were also the aggressors, so we were fully justified in occupying their country for 20 years.
So we can learn from this that, anyone who doesnt agree with us , whatever it is they do , or where they are, even in their own country, are insurgents, who have forfeited their rights to life and liberty.
Seems reasonable , no ?

best reply this thread will see that’s exactly how it works 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Proof ?

Seems reasonable , no ?

Made me smile. When the Russians were in Afghanistan the locals were ‘noble warriors’ and ‘freedom fighters’, but that all changed when we were there.  🙂

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

Made me smile. When the Russians were in Afghanistan the locals were ‘noble warriors’ and ‘freedom fighters’, but that all changed when we were there.

Exactly.
Some of those very same mujahidin, ended up as taliban insurgents, and were wiped out far more efficiently using modern tech.
Russians = Ruthless invaders of a peaceful tribal nation, even though the Afghan government invited them in.
The bad guys.

NATO = Not invited in, tasked with killing bin laden and dismantling al quaeda, set about freeing the oppressed Afghans nation wide, stopped for 20 years , causing widespread death and suffering, with some truly horrific war crimes, and 200,000 dead.
The good guys.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Proof ?

Seems reasonable , no ?

Yep that's been much how it was in Iraq back in the day when they wanted to have / use and sell their OWN OIL.  The US paid local gangs to go out and beat people up and generally create mayhem and disruption.  AND  it's the same with all this so called news of sabotage in Russia.  What verification is there of any of this really happening or to what extent is it being blown out of all proportion. What I can't get my head around is why Russia is wasting resources to turn everything into a pile of rubble.  It's like buying a new home and leaving the doors and Windows open thus trashing the place.  Crackpot.

I forgot..... We come in peace.......  Shoot to kill.!

21 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Exactly.
Some of those very same mujahidin, ended up as taliban insurgents, and were wiped out far more efficiently using modern tech.
Russians = Ruthless invaders of a peaceful tribal nation, even though the Afghan government invited them in.
The bad guys.

NATO = Not invited in, tasked with killing bin laden and dismantling al quaeda, set about freeing the oppressed Afghans nation wide, stopped for 20 years , causing widespread death and suffering, with some truly horrific war crimes, and 200,000 dead.
The good guys.

Jonny Rambo ...........remember....beating up them naughty russkies in 'stan.........

43 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Jonny Rambo ...........remember....beating up them naughty russkies in 'stan.........

I wonder if Russian TV has a Rambovski , where hes the good guy , and the NATO guys are bad ?

I often wondered as a kid , where, in all the WW2 films, the Germans were all evil , and the Yanks/Brits were all good, if in German war films , it was the other way round ?

30 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I wonder if Russian TV has a Rambovski , where hes the good guy , and the NATO guys are bad ?

I often wondered as a kid , where, in all the WW2 films, the Germans were all evil , and the Yanks/Brits were all good, if in German war films , it was the other way round ?

Posed this to a German colleague.

She said they didn’t loose every battle, just the war.

Most Allied war movies are ‘singular’ in their content too, so no diff. 

Edited by Jaymo

1 hour ago, Minky said:

Yep that's been much how it was in Iraq back in the day when they wanted to have / use and sell their OWN OIL.  The US paid local gangs to go out and beat people up and generally create mayhem and disruption.  AND  it's the same with all this so called news of sabotage in Russia.  What verification is there of any of this really happening or to what extent is it being blown out of all proportion. What I can't get my head around is why Russia is wasting resources to turn everything into a pile of rubble.  It's like buying a new home and leaving the doors and Windows open thus trashing the place.  Crackpot.

I forgot..... We come in peace.......  Shoot to kill.!

🎵..."klingons on the starboard bow.........🎵

5 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Whilst appreciating there are 2 sides to everything ... a conflict where 5 million people are displaced is firmly in the 'bad thing' box for me ...

Whilst that figure is totally a 'bad thing' we are still dealing with the aftermath of US/NATO adventures in the middle east, apparently , thats only a bad thing when they rock up here.

People also ask

How many people have been displaced by the US?

At least 37 million people have been displaced as a direct result of the wars fought by the United States since Sept. 11, 2001, according to a new report from Brown University's Costs of War project. That figure exceeds those displaced by conflict since 1900, the authors say, with the exception of World War II.10 Sept 2021

We also have some who have used Ukraine as an opportunity, and yes , this does include the Ukrainians themselves.
And yes I know hes got an annoying manner.