Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

It's amazing how short some memories are. Remember almost 300 innocent passengers being slaughtered by a Russian missile fired from easten Ukraine no doubt with Putins permission.  The truck carrying the rocket launcher was filmed scurrying back across the border.  If Putin is happy to do this then I fear he is capable of ordering a tactical nuclear hit.

If or not those given the orders take action is debatable.  I believe sense would prevail because they know there are eight or ten nuclear subs sitting out their ready to respond and then Moscow would be a wasteland.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

It's amazing how short some memories are. Remember almost 300 innocent passengers being slaughtered by a Russian missile fired from easten Ukraine

One of my son in laws was on the plane that was in front of the plane that got shot down.!!!

That was a near one.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

It's amazing how short some memories are. Remember almost 300 innocent passengers being slaughtered by a Russian missile fired from easten Ukraine no doubt with Putins permission.  The truck carrying the rocket launcher was filmed scurrying back across the border.  If Putin is happy to do this then I fear he is capable of ordering a tactical nuclear hit.

If or not those given the orders take action is debatable.  I believe sense would prevail because they know there are eight or ten nuclear subs sitting out their ready to respond and then Moscow would be a wasteland.

Not to mention the Litvinenko and Skripal attacks on UK soil, were they not effectively acts of war themselves, we did pretty much nothing in response.

17 hours ago, ordnance said:

I would put the blame where is should be at Russia and Putin, not Boris. 

That would not end the world. 

I didn't say three would end the world. I said the UK a line down the centre of Scotland and England with enough power in them would pretty much take us out.

3 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

I didn't say three would end the world. I said the UK a line down the centre of Scotland and England with enough power in them would pretty much take us out.

True but I was questioning the post that 100 nuclear bomb's would destroy the world, your claim would depend on the yeild of the bomb.

45 minutes ago, ordnance said:

True but I was questioning the post that 100 nuclear bomb's would destroy the world, your claim would depend on the yeild of the bomb.

100% yield would be the determining factor.. I'd guess it's a case of land mass Vs number and like you say the yield.

30 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, if they are look what they have left behind ?? Did I read there's a list of 1000s of war crimes commited and the first one has started court proceedings , 

That will go nowhere. You can't be tried for war crimes if you never leave Russia.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, this is a Ukraine court, ?

I was thinking Putin himself, he will never face justice (but then neither will Blair, but for different reasons), those caught outside Russia is another story.

Edited by Newbie to this

3 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Society is as fragile as a soap bubble.

Putin doesn't have to send over any missiles. All he has to do is cut off the gas supply and Europe will slowly start to collapse. So will their solidarity 

when that happens it will be too late as all rhyme and reason would have gone out of the window....and things will escalate very quickly and NATO will invade USSR....thinking they can regain the balance......

41 minutes ago, ditchman said:

when that happens it will be too late as all rhyme and reason would have gone out of the window....and things will escalate very quickly and NATO will invade USSR....thinking they can regain the balance......

let’s face it sooner or later nato were always going to get us fried alive 

28 minutes ago, clangerman said:

let’s face it sooner or later nato were always going to get us fried alive 

Maybe I'm being too naive but I've always felt NATO is a defence alliance. That said I guess a preemptive first strike might develop to be prudent.

On 14/05/2022 at 21:59, Newbie to this said:

I was thinking Putin himself, he will never face justice (but then neither will Blair, but for different reasons), those caught outside Russia is another story.

He will be traded. If still alive post coup, for sanction relief. 

6 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

I wouldn't bet on it

Russia cannot go long term with these sanctions and they won't be removed with Putin in place.  The Russians have no choice unless they want to end it all in a mad Nuclear exchange that will kill us all.  How did we ever get here!

30 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Russia cannot go long term with these sanctions and they won't be removed with Putin in place.  The Russians have no choice unless they want to end it all in a mad Nuclear exchange that will kill us all.  How did we ever get here!

you should know the script by now fat nose other peoples business etc