Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

It is his trade , but I particularly like the way theyve bulked his pint sized frame up with roids, deepened his voice, while dressing him up in camo, to project his new persona of Vlod the Russian terminator.

Rewulf - I have to say from the outset that I disagree with almost all that you have posted on this thread, but this quote made me smile. I cannot disagree with it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Rewulf - I have to say from the outset that I disagree with almost all that you have posted on this thread, but this quote made me smile. I cannot disagree with it.

If everyone agreed with each other , the World would be a considerably more peaceful, but dull place. 😀

As much as Id like to go along with the mainstream opinion on this whole tragedy, I just cant.

On 24/02/2022 at 06:57, NoBodyImportant said:

Nothing really, the west won’t March without orders from the USA.  And Russia has the Biden family in their pocket. 

Yeah, that's why the Biden administration is supplying 40 billion in arm's supplies. Including MLRS that Putin is not happy about.

Edited by ordnance

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

zelensky deserves an oscar for his portrayal of a victim! 

Most leaders in his situation would have been on the first plane out of the country, something Russia was relying on. He stayed to lead his people in the fight for their country, that's leadership and bravery not acting.

On 08/06/2022 at 07:40, Newbie to this said:

Maybe "Gift" means something different then 

Screenshot_20220608-073811_Facebook.jpg.b1e669481813c2edebcfdbf7ea94f197.jpg

Funny that the UK Government are supplying weapons To Ukraine when Russia has invaded They never offered the Palestinians weapons when Israel took there land Sorry forgot they supply Israel another occupation force 

14 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Funny that the UK Government are supplying weapons To Ukraine when Russia has invaded They never offered the Palestinians weapons when Israel took there land Sorry forgot they supply Israel another occupation force 

More whataboutery 🥱

17 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

What has that got to do with Russia invading Ukraine on a land grab?

No one sent weapons to Hong Kong, Tibet, the Uygher Muslims, Burma, the Tamil Tigers… so what?

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

Most leaders in his situation would have been on the first plane out of the country, something Russia was relying on. He stayed to lead his people in the fight for their country, that's leadership and bravery not acting.

And then there’s Putin won’t come out if his bunker….

Mugler you mention land grab is that not what Israel has done over the decades against the Palestinians by using uk/USA weapons As I’ve posted previously the hypocrisy of the west condemning another nation for invading another land is astonishing Iraq,Afganastan comes to mind but keep burying your head in the Sand The west wouldn’t Do that now would they 🤔🤔🤔

18 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Mugler you mention land grab is that not what Israel has done over the decades against the Palestinians by using uk/USA weapons As I’ve posted previously the hypocrisy of the west condemning another nation for invading another land is astonishing Iraq,Afganastan comes to mind but keep burying your head in the Sand The west wouldn’t Do that now would they 🤔🤔🤔

Yes some countries in the west can be hypocritical, but what's that got to do with Ukraine.  

7 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Yes some countries in the west can be hypocritical, but what's that got to do with Ukraine.  

It’s more to do with the condemnation of Russia which by the way I agree with like I agree there should be no invasions of any land But who are we in the west to condemn anyone being my point 

34 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

It’s more to do with the condemnation of Russia which by the way I agree with like I agree there should be no invasions of any land But who are we in the west to condemn anyone being my point 

The invasion of Ukraine is wholly and entirely unnecessary. The brutality is off the chart. It can end as quickly and easily as it started by Putin putting the tanks into reverse.

29 minutes ago, Mungler said:

The invasion of Ukraine is wholly and entirely unnecessary. The brutality is off the chart. It can end as quickly and easily as it started by Putin putting the tanks into reverse.

Can Agree Mungler with that 👍

11 hours ago, oowee said:

Interesting to look back at that now. Some of my friends are from Crimea and they were only too pleased to see the area acceed to Russia at the time, feeling that was were the country belonged. The father of one of my friends was a admiral of the fleet on a Russian Pension paid in Ukraine where he had been based. 

Russia chose not to take the rest of Ukraine and the West chose not too fully back the country. I think some of that was Russia waiting to see the response from the West and the West being uncertain as to who / what they might be backing if they went fully behind Ukraine. Interesting how it has all panned out. No doubt now full backing would have saved much of the damage and loss of life we are seeing now. 

Russia would have been a hard sell for NATO as the country is huge (balance of power) and also far too corrupt to be a trusted partner. The same could be said of Ukraine. 

If someone else had put this they'd be getting accused of being a Russian sympathiser,  but the last paragraph is spot on. 

I still think the Ukraine is being backed to simply weaken Russia,  the enemy of my enemy is my friend. 

The Ukraine is a rich fertile country with oil, gas, minerals and a pipeline, so there is no doubt a reason all this is happening,  and it's the Ukrainians who are suffering. 

33 minutes ago, Mice! said:

If someone else had put this they'd be getting accused of being a Russian sympathiser,  but the last paragraph is spot on. 

I still think the Ukraine is being backed to simply weaken Russia,  the enemy of my enemy is my friend. 

The Ukraine is a rich fertile country with oil, gas, minerals and a pipeline, so there is no doubt a reason all this is happening,  and it's the Ukrainians who are suffering. 

I honestly think your post has said it all after 65 pages of opinions that has hit the nail on the head 👍

10 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

When you say Palestinians do you mean the people who only came into existence in 1967.

4 hours ago, toontastic said:

When you say Palestinians do you mean the people who only came into existence in 1967.

I would imagine he would mean the people who lived in the province of Syria Palaestina in the time of Hadrian, made up of the remnants of the Jewish population, among other tribes and peoples of the area.

Province of Syria Palaestina

Main article: Syria Palaestina
220px-Roman_Empire_with_provinces_in_210

Provinces of the Roman empire around 210 CE

During or after the Bar Kohkba Revolt, Hadrian joined the province of Judea with Galilee and the Paralia to form the new province of Syria Palaestina.[lxix] Some scholars view these actions as an attempt to disconnect the Jewish people from their homeland,[218][219] but this theory is debated.[220]

1280px-Roman_Empire_with_provinces_in_210_AD.png

6 hours ago, toontastic said:

No Palestinians have existed for centuries there When did the STATE OF ISRAEL come to be after WW2 doesn’t matter doesn’t change the fact that Israel is armed by the west 

18 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

No Palestinians have existed for centuries there When did the STATE OF ISRAEL come to be after WW2 doesn’t matter doesn’t change the fact that Israel is armed by the west 

That well known Palestinian (sorry, Egyptian of Saudi heritage) Yasser Arafat is regarded as the first person to identify the Arabs of Palestine as Palestinian, and that occurred in 1967. 

I won't deny Israel is partially armed by the West, but without it there would be no Jews in the Middle East. After all as the Arabs themselves have said " Jews must be eradicated from the Middle East as they have no right to live in Muslim lands" 

Edited by toontastic

40 minutes ago, toontastic said:

That well known Palestinian (sorry, Egyptian of Saudi heritage) Yasser Arafat is regarded as the first person to identify the Arabs of Palestine as Palestinian, and that occurred in 1967. 

I won't deny Israel is partially armed by the West, but without it there would be no Jews in the Middle East. After all as the Arabs themselves have said " Jews must be eradicated from the Middle East as they have no right to live in Muslim lands" 

Fair point 👍But I go bk to my original post pages ago How can we here in the UK condemn any country for invading foreign lands when are own government has done it 

2 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Fair point 👍But I go bk to my original post pages ago How can we here in the UK condemn any country for invading foreign lands when are own government has done it 

It's not a straight forward question and the answers are many and complicated. For example Gulf War 2, Blair and Bush are viewed very poorly by history and are condemned for invading Iraq. But if they had found WMD and Saddam was ready to launch an attack on the West killing millions then history would view them very differently.

It is quite easy to condemn 1 country for invading foreign lands and not another but the devil is very much in the detail as no 2 invasions are the same. 

As for Ukraine/Russia well as my granny used to say "it'll come out in the wash" and when it does history will tell us who was right or wrong. 

28 minutes ago, toontastic said:

It's not a straight forward question and the answers are many and complicated. For example Gulf War 2, Blair and Bush are viewed very poorly by history and are condemned for invading Iraq. But if they had found WMD and Saddam was ready to launch an attack on the West killing millions then history would view them very differently.

They tried very hard to find those pesky WMDs , and if it wasnt for those  annoying UN weapons inspectors being present, Im pretty sure they would have found 'evidence'
The simple fact is , the west KNEW full well Iraq didnt have the means to deliver those imagined weapons in the 45 minutes touted, in fact , when a certain weapon inspector decided to voice this , in public , he became so overcome with depression , he decided to kill himself 😏

On 07/06/2022 at 17:03, mick miller said:

All this **** they're sending isn't worth a carrot, is costing a fortune, is resulting is a massive drop in living standards in Europe, putting families in real poverty, driving up fuel prices unnecessarily and will survive for exactly, glances at watch, about 1 hour after being tracked to it's final destination.

It's a failed policy that is resulting in death, destruction, misery, and suffering and for what? They're not 'European', they're not part of NATO, they don't do anything for us, whose investments are we all suffering to protect here? Why are we all so motivated about this one and not Syria, Yemen and [insert whatever other stupid **** is going on somewhere here, usually in the Middle-East]? Is it because they're not brown?

Rather than sanctions 'making Russia suffer' they appear to be doing quite the opposite. Sadly, only the old warmongers like Kissinger can see that it is demonstrably harming the West, therefore poor policy. Their second generation offspring however appear to be both malign and as thick as mince.

Time to be big, grown up boys and put the sticks down and sit round a table. Before it gets very, very silly.

And, if that means you end up with a smaller play pit, so be it.

While I see some of your points, two wrongs don't make a right and Russia chose to invade a peaceful neighbour, there's no excuse for that, the only one that needs to put the stick down is Russia, or more specifically, Putin! 

It's a failed policy that is resulting in death, destruction, misery, and suffering and for what? They're not 'European', they're not part of NATO, they don't do anything for us, whose investments are we all suffering to protect here? Why are we all so motivated about this one and not Syria, Yemen and [insert whatever other stupid **** is going on somewhere here, usually in the Middle-East]? Is it because they're not brown?

Because its on the EUs and NATOs borders, Syria and Yemen are not. its a country invading another that's resulting in ( death, destruction, misery, and suffering ) not a failed policy, if their was any failed policy it was appeasing Putin in the past.   After decades of appeasement they can now see that has not worked and a line has to be drawn in the sand, that line is Ukraine. The west is facing economic hardships now they but their could be far worse in the future if they do not stand up to Russia / Putin, even the appeasers in the gutless EU can see that. 

Edited by ordnance