Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

17 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The bloke he has put in charge while he goes into hospital is a complete fruitcake for one. Mad as a box of frogs

Putin 'will have cancer operation in the near future' and 'hand over power to hardline ex KGB chief' | Daily Mail Online

yes he has been eliminating the competition, but he can't eliminate them all. He needs his 'friends' around him to maintain his protection but he must realise that they are all weighing him up

I don’t read links sorry. Putin obviously regards him as no threat then. 🤷‍♂️
Hardly waiting in the wings. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, impala59 said:

Russian state television has issued a strong warning that the Kremlin could wipe out the UK with the push of a button for supporting Ukraine.

Russian state TV threatens nuclear tsunami on UK

Play Video01:19

The broadcaster said an underwater missile could spark a 500-metre radioactive wave that would wipe out the UK and Ireland. (Source: Other)

In his Sunday evening primetime show, Channel One anchor Dmitry Kiselyov told viewers Russia's underwater Poseidon missile had the capability to spark a 500-metre radioactive tsunami that would wipe out the UK.

The Poseidon is an autonomous, nuclear-powered unmanned underwater missile approximately 20 metres long and weighing up to 100 metric tons.

"The explosion of this thermonuclear torpedo close to Britain's coastline will cause a giant tsunami wave, up to 500 metres high," Kiselyov said.

What next?

The above from a dear friend in Moscow, the people there are afraid and fear Putin is going to escalate. Many Russian people want to leave the country 

if putin pushes the button he will be turning russia into a nucler wasteland...surely he can understand that

20 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

If you don't read links why did you ask in the first place?

What difference does it make whether I read links or not? You made the claim there were others worse than Putin; I asked you to name them. You posted a link naming one as far as I could tell. It’s not a problem as far as I can see? 

3 hours ago, impala59 said:

Russian state television has issued a strong warning that the Kremlin could wipe out the UK with the push of a button for supporting Ukraine.

Some ones talking out of their derriere 😄

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2022/03/russias-new-poseidon-super-weapon-what-you-need-to-know/

16 hours ago, ordnance said:

Why are you posting a video of a well known left wing agitator, educate me what point you are making by posting the video of Claire Daily. You say ( Clare Daly puts it all very succinctly ) puts what very succinctly ?

Lets take it point by point , because you obviously didnt bother to read what I put previous to the Daly video.

She said the US defence Sec had 'basically' said the US didnt want the war to end.
Are you saying this isnt true ? Because the evidence is there , the US has so far this year spent twice the Ukrainian annual defence budget on feeding weapons into Ukraine.
Its interesting that the expenditure is mostly weapons, and very little much needed humanitarian or medical aid.

They have made NO offers to mediate in any peace talks, they made NO attempt to de escalate prior to the invasion, and ramped up the threatening rhetoric instead.
They even got Biden to gaffe that NATO wouldnt 'do anything' if Putin invaded !
They continue to say that Ukraine can 'win' this war.
They continue to say that Ukraine is in fact winning, and Russia is losing, despite large areas of the country under Russian control, and mass devastation to infrastructure.

She said that the US MIC are loving life at the moment.
Why wouldnt they be , they have full order books , as nearly every European country places defence from the bear at the top of the list, some countries are giving away their soviet era heavy weapons, to be replaced by nice new US made kit.
Sweden and Finland will join NATO by the end of the year, possibly other countries too, further inflaming the situation.
And paving the way for still more re armament, Cold war 2 is here.

'Filthy ***** gas'
I have no position on fracking, but as I said previously, how is EU industry going to replace Russian gas supplies ?
They have no idea, but they are still going to ban it.
Can you at least see her point there ?

Get ready for more domestic fuel and electric price increases, and petrol and diesel going through the roof , bringing prices for EVERYTHING to ridiculously high levels.
The US wants to weaken Russia, but it will do so at the expense of Europe, this is an inescapable fact.
This proxy war will start hurting us badly very soon, hopefully not militarily , but economically.
Its already happening.

'Sanctions dont stop wars'
Normally I would agree with that statement, but in this case shes wrong , those sanctions, many of which we dont get to hear about, are working very well.

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/5/5/the-kremlin-blinks-first-in-the-geo-economic-war-over-ukraine

But while sanctions will most certainly do no harm to ME and US petrodollars, for arms sales , we need combat, so lets not have those sanctions too effective eh ?

This is the crux of the matter, the point if you will.
This is a proxy war between NATO and Russia, the battleground being Ukraine, with Ukrainian lives being sacrificed.
The US spent 10s of billions of dollars via USAID to bring democracy to Ukraine since 1991, by democracy they mean regime change to something more US friendly, in this they have been successful since 2014.
Prior to this , they were a corrupt but largely peaceful parliamentary democracy, trying to find their feet after years of Soviet rule.
Now Russias once friendly next door neighbour , split in 2 over ethnic and language barriers, is now a shattered nation, this is unlikely to change for many years.

You can compare it to other American adventures like Iraq and Afghan, Vietnam and Cambodia too if you like, the end result is the same, a big heap of dead bodies, and years of strife.

All this costs money, we know that the US is more than happy to spend trillions on projecting its influence overseas, theyve done it enough times.
The question YOU have to ask yourself is why ?
And if you think its because they have some affinity for Ukraine, or they cant stand to see a little country get bullied by a bigger one, if you think the murder of civilians in some distant land pulls at the heartstrings of Uncle Sam so much, that he simply must act by spending billions of taxpayer dollars on 'putting things right' , then you are living in a parallel universe.

Edited by Rewulf

4 hours ago, Scully said:

I don’t read links sorry. Putin obviously regards him as no threat then. 🤷‍♂️
Hardly waiting in the wings. 

The Russian dictator will reportedly nominate hardline Security Council head and ex-FSB chief Nikolai Patrushev to take control of the invasion while he is under the knife.

that is the first paragraph from the link 👍🏻 so basically this is saying he has cancer and when he has operation he will put someone in place to cause the chaos he started

21 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

The Russian dictator will reportedly nominate hardline Security Council head and ex-FSB chief Nikolai Patrushev to take control of the invasion while he is under the knife.

that is the first paragraph from the link 👍🏻 so basically this is saying he has cancer and when he has operation he will put someone in place to cause the chaos he started

Thankyou. I more or less read that before the need to ‘accept cookies’. 
Let’s hope he doesn’t survive the op’, cos if he does and they tell him it’s incurable, what does he have to lose? 🙂

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Thankyou. I more or less read that before the need to ‘accept cookies’. 
Let’s hope he doesn’t survive the op’, cos if he does and they tell him it’s incurable, what does he have to lose? 🙂

Yeah that's the worrying part. Nothing to lose what will he do....

Also thought you'd not clicked the link 🤪

all this buisness about putins got cancer/dementia/et al going under the knife etc..........why isnt it on the mainstream news ..or have i missed it ?

is this fake news or just wishful thinking

25 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Yeah that's the worrying part. Nothing to lose what will he do....

Also thought you'd not clicked the link 🤪

I click on links but can only see what appears before the need to ‘accept cookies’ prevents me seeing more. 

26 minutes ago, Scully said:

I click on links but can only see what appears before the need to ‘accept cookies’ prevents me seeing more. 

unfortunatly all sights are like that now........i look at a lot of recieps on the net and they wont let me go any further until i have clicked accept.......

i clean my computor every 3 days......and have no probs

55 minutes ago, ditchman said:

all this buisness about putins got cancer/dementia/et al going under the knife etc..........why isnt it on the mainstream news ..or have i missed it ?

is this fake news or just wishful thinking

You wont get in depth news on TV, you have to read the newsfeeds to get any real news. And they require a subscription. TV news can be good but they only give you a 2 minute snapshot of a story. And if its not got a visual element they won't run it.

The Guardian or the Telegraph newsfeeds are both good value. About the same cost or less than actually buying the paper.

I wouldn't have given the Guardian the time of day a few years ago but they have improved tremendously since then. 

Edited by Vince Green

46 minutes ago, Scully said:

why dont you accept cookies? your firewall software will delete them straight away. Every time you click on anything these days like Argos or the AA you get cookies even though they don't tell you. 

9 hours ago, impala59 said:

Russian state TV threatens nuclear tsunami on UK

Play Video01:19

The broadcaster said an underwater missile could spark a 500-metre radioactive wave that would wipe out the UK and Ireland. (Source: Other)

In his Sunday evening primetime show, Channel One anchor Dmitry Kiselyov told viewers Russia's underwater Poseidon missile had the capability to spark a 500-metre radioactive tsunami that would wipe out the UK.

The Poseidon is an autonomous, nuclear-powered unmanned underwater missile approximately 20 metres long and weighing up to 100 metric tons.

"The explosion of this thermonuclear torpedo close to Britain's coastline will cause a giant tsunami wave, up to 500 metres high," Kiselyov said.

What next?

The above from a dear friend in Moscow, the people there are afraid and fear Putin is going to escalate. Many Russian people want to leave the country 

Yeah they seem to be forgetting the UK has nuclear weapons, as for the 500 meter tsunami LOL. 

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Some ones talking out of their derriere 😄

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news/2022/03/russias-new-poseidon-super-weapon-what-you-need-to-know/

Lets take it point by point , because you obviously didnt bother to read what I put previous to the Daly video.

She said the US defence Sec had 'basically' said the US didnt want the war to end.
Are you saying this isnt true ? Because the evidence is there , the US has so far this year spent twice the Ukrainian annual defence budget on feeding weapons into Ukraine.
Its interesting that the expenditure is mostly weapons, and very little much needed humanitarian or medical aid.

They have made NO offers to mediate in any peace talks, they made NO attempt to de escalate prior to the invasion, and ramped up the threatening rhetoric instead.
They even got Biden to gaffe that NATO wouldnt 'do anything' if Putin invaded !
They continue to say that Ukraine can 'win' this war.
They continue to say that Ukraine is in fact winning, and Russia is losing, despite large areas of the country under Russian control, and mass devastation to infrastructure.

She said that the US MIC are loving life at the moment.
Why wouldnt they be , they have full order books , as nearly every European country places defence from the bear at the top of the list, some countries are giving away their soviet era heavy weapons, to be replaced by nice new US made kit.
Sweden and Finland will join NATO by the end of the year, possibly other countries too, further inflaming the situation.
And paving the way for still more re armament, Cold war 2 is here.

'Filthy ***** gas'
I have no position on fracking, but as I said previously, how is EU industry going to replace Russian gas supplies ?
They have no idea, but they are still going to ban it.
Can you at least see her point there ?

Get ready for more domestic fuel and electric price increases, and petrol and diesel going through the roof , bringing prices for EVERYTHING to ridiculously high levels.
The US wants to weaken Russia, but it will do so at the expense of Europe, this is an inescapable fact.
This proxy war will start hurting us badly very soon, hopefully not militarily , but economically.
Its already happening.

'Sanctions dont stop wars'
Normally I would agree with that statement, but in this case shes wrong , those sanctions, many of which we dont get to hear about, are working very well.

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2022/5/5/the-kremlin-blinks-first-in-the-geo-economic-war-over-ukraine

But while sanctions will most certainly do no harm to ME and US petrodollars, for arms sales , we need combat, so lets not have those sanctions too effective eh ?

This is the crux of the matter, the point if you will.
This is a proxy war between NATO and Russia, the battleground being Ukraine, with Ukrainian lives being sacrificed.
The US spent 10s of billions of dollars via USAID to bring democracy to Ukraine since 1991, by democracy they mean regime change to something more US friendly, in this they have been successful since 2014.
Prior to this , they were a corrupt but largely peaceful parliamentary democracy, trying to find their feet after years of Soviet rule.
Now Russias once friendly next door neighbour , split in 2 over ethnic and language barriers, is now a shattered nation, this is unlikely to change for many years.

You can compare it to other American adventures like Iraq and Afghan, Vietnam and Cambodia too if you like, the end result is the same, a big heap of dead bodies, and years of strife.

All this costs money, we know that the US is more than happy to spend trillions on projecting its influence overseas, theyve done it enough times.
The question YOU have to ask yourself is why ?
And if you think its because they have some affinity for Ukraine, or they cant stand to see a little country get bullied by a bigger one, if you think the murder of civilians in some distant land pulls at the heartstrings of Uncle Sam so much, that he simply must act by spending billions of taxpayer dollars on 'putting things right' , then you are living in a parallel universe.

I asked for your opinion not copies of other peoples opinions, and why you are posting a video of the well known left wing terrorist sympathiser Clare Daly, but if that's who you share and have similar views with fine. 

22 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

It would depend on the context but based on military might he’d be towards the front of any queue, regardless of length.

He’s been very smart with the troops he’s deployed in support of Putin in Ukraine.

A Muslin outsider from Chechnya I don't think so, all he is to the Russian military and Putin is a useful idiot. 

Edited by ordnance

Every time I hear that this is a ‘proxy war between NATO and Russia’ I roll my eyes - the natural outcome of not supplying Ukraine with weapons and equipment sufficient for that country to defend itself and its borders is to simply let the Russian tanks roll in and annexation to take place, which of course the Ukrainians are not that keen on.

Equally when it is said that not enough has been done to broker peace with Putin - seriously? Where do I even bother to start on that one - the notion would be hilarious if the situation wasn’t so grave.

I have been doom scrolling and seen enough of what the Russian soldiers have been up to and it is harrowing beyond belief. I also know enough about Russia to know which side of this I wish to be. In Russia there’s no free press / media, no free elections, no opposition, no fair legal process etc and this really is turning into something out of Lord of the Rings with Sauron and his Orcs on the rampage.

20 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Every time I hear that this is a ‘proxy war between NATO and Russia’ I roll my eyes - the natural outcome of not supplying Ukraine with weapons and equipment sufficient for that country to defend itself and its borders is to simply let the Russian tanks roll in and annexation to take place, which of course the Ukrainians are not that keen on.

Equally when it is said that not enough has been done to broker peace with Putin - seriously? Where do I even bother to start on that one - the notion would be hilarious if the situation wasn’t so grave.

I have been doom scrolling and seen enough of what the Russian soldiers have been up to and it is harrowing beyond belief. I also know enough about Russia to know which side of this I wish to be. In Russia there’s no free press / media, no free elections, no opposition, no fair legal process etc and this really is turning into something out of Lord of the Rings with Sauron and his Orcs on the rampage.

👍

Edited by ordnance

1 hour ago, ordnance said:

I asked for your opinion not copies of other peoples opinions

I've given it, but you seem unable to read it, please don't waste my time and yours replying to my posts. 

42 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Every time I hear that this is a ‘proxy war between NATO and Russia’ I roll my eyes

So it's not a proxy war? 

Even large sections of the western 'free' press are calling it a proxy war. 

It's listed in wiki as a proxy war! 

43 minutes ago, Mungler said:

the natural outcome of not supplying Ukraine with weapons and equipment sufficient for that country to defend itself and its borders is to simply let the Russian tanks roll in and annexation to take place, which of course the Ukrainians are not that keen on

No argument there, we chose a path. Ukraine becomes a testing ground for western weapons against Russia. 

Ukraine gets levelled, result. 

44 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Equally when it is said that not enough has been done to broker peace with Putin - seriously? Where do I even bother to start on that one - the notion would be hilarious if the situation wasn’t so grave

Better to not bother then, just keep feeding arms in there? 

And no its not funny. 

How would negotiation have played out?

Would he stop with the Donbas?

Not likely, and not an option.

And *** would that be an acceptable outcome? It’s not OK to bully nations.

I think the threads of truth you pursue are leading you away from the bigger picture.

8 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I've given it, but you seem unable to read it, please don't waste my time and yours replying to my posts. 

So it's not a proxy war? 

Even large sections of the western 'free' press are calling it a proxy war. 

It's listed in wiki as a proxy war! 

No argument there, we chose a path. Ukraine becomes a testing ground for western weapons against Russia. 

Ukraine gets levelled, result. 

Better to not bother then, just keep feeding arms in there? 

And no its not funny. 

‘Proxy war’ is an emotive label freely thrown around. Look beyond the label and to what is actually happening.

The Ukraine has been invaded and they have asked for help to repel an invasion. That request for help includes financial, military and medical assistance. To my mind, the provision of that assistance is not the commission of a ‘proxy war’.

Indeed, explain to me how it is a proxy war without overlooking the invasion and the repeated requests for help from the Ukraine?

If you think Putin wants to negotiate, you are totally deluded. There is zero evidence to support any Russian willingness to ‘negotiate’ and by that you have to look to the definition of negotiate;  no doubt if the Russians are given everything they ask for then whilst ‘peace’ appears remote there could be a cessation of military action. That however is not negotiation, it is capitulation and there is a massive difference, and unsurprisingly the Ukrainians (who still have a say in this) are not that keen on capitulation or Russian occupation.

Your argument appears to be that Ukraine should just lay down to a superior aggressing force for no better reason than the aggressing force is superior and they should save their country from being levelled (the ‘French way’). Again, this overlooks that the Ukrainians have a say in this and they have said ‘no’ to invasion and occupation and they have asked the rest of the free world for help, and that help has been provided. 

I have a natural reluctance negotiating with an aggressing force in that it rewards the bully. Provided that nut job Putin is kept away from the red button, this war will keep Russia stuck in the mud, burning money and resources and that will effect mother Russia and is likely to promote some form of regime change although I accept there is a real chance Putin will be replaced by someone worse.

Edited by Mungler

Hello, well how long has this war Ukraine never wanted been going on now ? There's no let up to Putin's bombs and civilians killed, millions displaced to other countries,  the Donbass area is just empty shelled out buildings , he will not be satisfied until every building is rubble and how many die, what a monster of a human being 

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well how long has this war Ukraine never wanted been going on now ? There's no let up to Putin's bombs and civilians killed, millions displaced to other countries,  the Donbass area is just empty shelled out buildings , he will not be satisfied until every building is rubble and how many die, what a monster of a human being 

Monster? Doesn’t even come close.

This is a machine translation of an intercepted call. One of many. Be warned, it’s harrowing.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1521743449929752577.html?fbclid=IwAR20XEmSAhM2mchzD9r1EdWzQ2NqRvI2QeaMT8v4D8H3zUh3O3s4KLZCxJU

Edited by Mungler

41 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Monster? Doesn’t even come close.

This is a machine translation of an intercepted call. One of many. Be warned, it’s harrowing.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1521743449929752577.html?fbclid=IwAR20XEmSAhM2mchzD9r1EdWzQ2NqRvI2QeaMT8v4D8H3zUh3O3s4KLZCxJU

Hello, thanks to post, it makes you weep reading if this is happening on Ukraine citizens

38 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, thanks to post, it makes you weep reading if this is happening on Ukraine citizens

Indeed. We shouldn’t forget the criticism for not negotiating / giving in to this lot and that the invasion was only because of NATO aggression 🙄