Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

:good:

does anyone know what military hardware the french have given the Ukraines ?

i was dissapointed in the hardware aid the Canadians gave....i believe it was reported as a few trucks

Edited by ditchman

Russia and America are not as different as you might think. Both really push their National identity. Every kid in America has to salute the flag and sing the National Anthem every day.

In both cases because of the sheer size and relative isolation, news is selectively omitted and controlled.

I can absolutely gurantee to you that the average american does not know that Russia even took part in WW2 much less that they won it for the allies through huge sacrifice

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Russia and America are not as different as you might think. Both really push their National identity. Every kid in America has to salute the flag and sing the National Anthem every day.

In both cases because of the sheer size and relative isolation, news is selectively omitted and controlled.

I can absolutely gurantee to you that the average american does not know that Russia even took part in WW2 much less that they won it for the allies through huge sacrifice

i worked for a while in USA....they believe they are the centre of the world and they invented everything.......i had a rip roaring aguement with a couple of them one day when fitting a BIG Howard rotovater to a TW30 Ford....they asked me if i had ever seen a machine like that ....i told them it was invented and made in the UK.............THEY WOULD NOT HAVE IT....the aguement still went on after i showed them the large transfer of the royal warrant on the machine....

brainwashing is very powerful stuff

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

and so should we.  Why the embarrasment about being British?

plus the fact you don't get sent to a Siberian gulag or poisoned if you disagree with the powers that be.

Navalgny???  hope I spelt that correctly.

Edited by Walker570

59 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

plus the fact you don't get sent to a Siberian gulag or poisoned if you disagree with the powers that be.

The trouble with singing the national anthems is that they’re ( in this case the British and American ) usually borne out of religion.
The Americans have a huge religious indoctrination programme as part of their culture. As far as they’re concerned god is American. 

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

i worked for a while in USA....they believe they are the centre of the world and they invented everything.......i had a rip roaring aguement with a couple of them one day when fitting a BIG Howard rotovater to a TW30 Ford....they asked me if i had ever seen a machine like that ....i told them it was invented and made in the UK.............THEY WOULD NOT HAVE IT....the aguement still went on after i showed them the large transfer of the royal warrant on the machine....

brainwashing is very powerful stuff

My ex sister in law works in the film industry. Many years ago in Lost Angeles a couple of her work colleagues were asking her if she had to get water from a well and do we have electricity in England.

they so think they are the centre of the universe but their knowledge of world politics is worrying.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Indeed.

With the passage of time everyone seems to forget that this situation was created by Putin, however, we will never know why he invaded Ukraine because the stated reason changes with each week. 

I am sure that people with more patience and better diplomatic skills than me are trying very hard to negotiate a settlement but I genuinely don’t see how that can take place. 

If Russia starts to hurt enough they will either (1) red button (2) dislodge the nutter in charge (3) leave the Ukraine.

Let’s not overlook easiest, quickest and cheapest resolution (which is constant) is (3), and given that we are negotiating purely because of (1) we are being held to ransom and that’s not a negotiation.

I don’t want to freeze, starve, go bankrupt or send my kids to war and I doubt anyone in the West does either, but at this moment I just can’t see any off ramp. 

Edit:

There’s more dreamy apologists on the news saying that more should be done to negotiate with Russia. As above, I can’t see any negotiations taking place without significant concessions / appeasement and which does rather stick in the throat given (3) above (and that the whole mess to hand is Putin’s doing).

Focusing still on (3), do we think anyone on Russia Today will be broadcasting their dreamy views apologising for the West and encouraging Russia to enter into a negotiated solution? 😆

Edited by Mungler

I'd like to think every right minded person would agree with the three key points at the end of the article but the key question is how, especially when we have governments headed by buffoons.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/05/10/queens-speech-boris-johnson-cost-of-living-culture-wars/

It's even more disturbing to consider that Boris actually looks good in comparison to some of his counterparts in Europe and beyond...

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

It's even more disturbing to consider that Boris actually looks good in comparison to some of his counterparts in Europe and beyond...

That really is worrying, especially if Boris is as bad as some on here would believe. 

Hello, the only way is to get rid of Putin, a well aimed bomb on the Kremlin 🤔👍, if nothing is done then I can see the complete destruction of Ukraine , 10s of 1000s dead , millions Ukrainians displaced into other countries, and their younger generation needing so much help with mental health, from shell shock like WW1 , PTSD, and war wounds that will maim mind and body, it still brings a heavy heart when I see the TV reports, 

22 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the only way is to get rid of Putin, a well aimed bomb on the Kremlin 🤔👍, if nothing is done then I can see the complete destruction of Ukraine , 10s of 1000s dead , millions Ukrainians displaced into other countries, and their younger generation needing so much help with mental health, from shell shock like WW1 , PTSD, and war wounds that will maim mind and body, it still brings a heavy heart when I see the TV reports, 

and how many are the arms WE send killing maiming or scarring for life let’s have no pretence of OUR sickening shameful role 

37 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Im sure theyll be fine about that 😆

You arent really being serious are you ?

Hello, yes am being very serious, maybe not a bomb but something must must be done to put an end to the horrific war in Ukraine that most citizens who live there never wanted, except maybe the Russians who live in the Donbass , if all the western countries and those on the Russian border  that supported Ukraine had stood up to Putin while he was getting his army on the Ukraine border, maybe he would not have invaded, now it's to late , 2 more countries are scrabbling to join NATO , any reason why ?

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Can you not imagine the retaliation ?

If you think theyve been brutal so far....

Hello, it all goes down as to his threat of nuclear arms , the mighty Russian red button, will he won't he , ?? and while countries a hitting Russia finances he's murdering 1000s of innocent men, women, and children

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it all goes down as to his threat of nuclear arms , the mighty Russian red button, will he won't he , ?? 

If you drop a big metal jacket that goes booom on his home then he would go into arcade game mode and button bash the hell out of the nuclear system

11 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

If you drop a big metal jacket that goes booom on his home then he would go into arcade game mode and button bash the hell out of the nuclear system

He would not be there to bash the big red button ,you may  infact do what many in Russia  are wanting to see happens .